Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*ATTENTION INVENTORS*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmts58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *ATTENTION INVENTORS*
    Posted: 22 November 2006 at 4:20pm
i have a great idea on the need for different  threading on the tippmann 98 custom...i have no milling equipment so this is up to you.the threading for the barrel on the 98c is on the frame halves.so why not make aftermarket frame halves WITH DIFFERENT THREADING?just a suggestion.thank you for your time invested in reading my crazy idea.
tippmann 98c
dop pro seal
expansion chamber
vertical adapter
dop double trigger
cyclone feed
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 4:51pm
because small threads would lose their detail in the molding process.

Receiver halves are molded, not milled.
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 4:53pm

or....... you could just buy a 15$ addapter instead of having to buy custom receiver halves.

I use a adapter on my 98 so it can use A-5 threaded barrels, since I dont want to have to buy different barrels for my two guns.

Edited by Snick - 22 November 2006 at 4:53pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 9:18pm

but $50>$15

you must agree?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
cmts58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmts58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 1:18am
are you saying no one would buy it?tons of peeps buy $50 ion breeches..it was just an idea
tippmann 98c
dop pro seal
expansion chamber
vertical adapter
dop double trigger
cyclone feed
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 7:52pm

the A5 has smaller thread than the 98 thus is why the A5 has an adaptor for the barrel.

IDK I think the 98 halfs are molded & then threaded for the barrel. you cant get a mold to be that accurate.

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
cmts58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmts58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 8:02pm
AND YOU NEED TO READ THE THREAD...
tippmann 98c
dop pro seal
expansion chamber
vertical adapter
dop double trigger
cyclone feed
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by cmts58 cmts58 wrote:

AND YOU NEED TO READ THE THREAD...

We did. The unanimous verdict is: no.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

druidsdecendant View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 9/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druidsdecendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 7:24am

Originally posted by cmts58 cmts58 wrote:

are you saying no one would buy it?tons of peeps buy $50 ion breeches..it was just an idea

because they either want autocokker (intentional) threads for their AC barrels or they want the efficiency gains from the Lucky breech/firing chamber/rear donut combination. No other reason.

68 Classic Mag; PMI .68 Magnum; Maxed Stage5 Ion; M98 Scenario creation in the works; - You EPunks are all alike-all mouth until you reach the tailgate section of the field...then you "were j/j"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic