Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone in Gaithersburg?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 1 - Language 12/16

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipFry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone in Gaithersburg?
    Posted: 30 November 2006 at 12:36am
Does anyone know about the paintball field  off clopper road behind bowl america?  is it still open???
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 12:47am
I live in Canada so I don't think I can help you.

search it on pbreview.com if you know the name of the place... wait I guess you don't...

Or even better go to google map search, type in paintball and then hit search, then define the area City and State etc. you want the results to come from. 

I would have done it for you but I don't know what State you live in.

Edited by phil_stl - 30 November 2006 at 12:49am
PhilipFry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipFry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 12:58am
heh, thank you vewry much but i did all of these searches before posting and did not find it, I asked a firend and he told me that the field is rather secluded but he thinks its legal since police officers play there... so.... anyone else in maryland now about this field and whether its open?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 12:31pm
I don't know, nothing shows up on google maps. Closest thing is one of the business offices for AG and then AG Paintball Games in Leesburg itself. There IS a big cleared field on the sattelite image, but no evidence of paintball.

________

P.S. Shorty and I are both NoVA guys, he knows the area better than I, though, he might know.

Edited by tallen702 - 30 November 2006 at 12:32pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 12:53pm
Nope. At best guess I figured it was a private field.

Only pay fields I know about are the ones in Leesburg and OA in Bowie. Might be one up in Frederick?

There was a field in Gaithersburg, not sure if it still exists though. Only mention I found of it was a post in pbreview from 2003. I'd guess that if it did exist, it's now gone.

Not to say that there isn't a place where people play behind Bowl America... it just might be public/private land for pickup games though.

Not too familiar with the area. I tend to cling to the narrow window between Falls Church and Silver Spring, and don't venture off the path too often.   Aside from one game up in Leesburg for a one-day scenario... I have yet to play in the area. I travel for games.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 1:32pm
You soooo need to come out and play on one of the 300+ walk-on player sundays shorty, I'll even pay your field fee.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 1:38pm
Shorty, you ought to come down for the Rainbow Six scenario this weekend at Splatbrothers. 
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

You soooo need to come out and play on one of the 300+ walk-on player sundays shorty, I'll even pay your field fee.
Hmmmm... Sundays I could probably do. I'd settle for a ride, in lieu of the field fee.   

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Shorty, you ought to come down for the Rainbow Six scenario this weekend at Splatbrothers. 
Can't this weekend. Aren't you supposed to be training somewhere? They give you leave for a paintball game?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Can't this weekend. Aren't you supposed to be training somewhere? They give you leave for a paintball game?

I was training at Ft. Lost in the Woods, but I am home on Convalescent Leave  because I had to get some surgery a couple of weeks ago. So therefore I am back to rummaging around on here.
PhilipFry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipFry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 3:42pm
where are all these scenerio games you guys talk about?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 6:05pm
The one I am referring to in this case is in Richmond, VA. But there are different ones all over at different times. Some places that have them often are Skirmish, EMR, Skyline, Splatbrothers, the list goes on and on.. 
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 7:24pm
Leesburg and OA in Bowie offer one-day scenarios. Trying to get the guys at OA to host a 24hr.

This winter will be dead for me though. I'm not planning my next game until next June, for the next NJNam.
PhilipFry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilipFry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Nope. At best guess I figured it was a private field.

Only pay fields I know about are the ones in Leesburg and OA in Bowie. Might be one up in Frederick?

There was a field in Gaithersburg, not sure if it still exists though. Only mention I found of it was a post in pbreview from 2003. I'd guess that if it did exist, it's now gone.

Not to say that there isn't a place where people play behind Bowl America... it just might be public/private land for pickup games though.

Not too familiar with the area. I tend to cling to the narrow window between Falls Church and Silver Spring, and don't venture off the path too often.   Aside from one game up in Leesburg for a one-day scenario... I have yet to play in the area. I travel for games.

could you please give me a linkt o where you found that mentionj\

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 1:08pm
http://www.agpaintballgames.com Pev's At AG
http://www.oapaintball.com/ Outdoor Adventures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic