Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A nice improvment to milsim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A nice improvment to milsim
    Posted: 05 December 2006 at 6:45pm

My girl friend's uncle is an engineer for SNS technologies and works in researching a developming new products, we spent a lot of time talking together and thought id share this http://www.simunition.com/index_en.php

The guns need to be converted slightly in the mechanism to importerate the rounds. Their accurate within a 8-9 inches at a hundred feet.

Too bad its only sold to military, considered a weapon, and needs special equipment($$$)

hopefully something civilian will come out one day

Frank
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 5:42pm

mmmmm shotgun

but would be EXTREMELY unsafe for rec paintball

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 06 December 2006 at 5:42pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
3442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 5:49pm

hey Carl. They developed special gear for the use of this. Off course it would never be open to 13 yr olds, but it would be very nice to have. Unfortunatly the rounds are a dollar each...

If iam not mistaken, they also made to loose all stability and fall within 2000 feet i believe

Even then, it is very unsafe for a paintball field, but it perhaps could be possible one day if we pray hard

Frank
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 6:15pm
They are nice, we use them extensively in the Marine Corps. They work much better than MILS gear. for CQB and MOUT. They hurt something fierce when you are shot with them though.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 9:44pm

plus you fire them from real guns, they are pretty much modified bullets

..................insurance rates      /\

l

l

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 06 December 2006 at 9:44pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
3442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 9:48pm

Snc just got bought out by the company which produces the abrams... Paintballing in the 120mm domain Talk about nice war sims

Frank

Frank
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 11:43am

My girl's father uses them at the tac house where he works for the NYPD, they do a lot of urban assault stuff and building clearance with them.

He used to train cadets there and actually was one of the ones who wrote the grant to get NYPD to start using that stuff. He's taking us out there one day to use them.

My brother used them in Basic training, and said that while they're a lot of fun, they hurt like hell.

?

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 10:06am
/me wants to buy some for target practice...
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 10:02pm
I WANT TO DO THAT!!! My friends and I would do it with .22's for sure.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 12:14pm
Yup, Simunitions are a decent training tool (or would be if we bought better masks that don't fog and completely prevent you from using the weapon sights).

They have no place in recreation though- far too dangerous if mishandled. People have been badly injured, even killed by them in accidents.

As I understand, SNC Lavalin's gonna be delivering 5.56mm simunitions to the Forces starting next year. as it stands we have to completely swap upper receivers on our weapons to use the 9mm simunitions. The 5.56 can be fired from a stock 5.56 rifle.

Hopefully they don't gunk up barrels with melted plastic as badly as the 9mm did...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 9:34am
That still looks like such a blast, I want to join a military unit or police task force or something just to mess with that.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 10:55am

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Yup, Simunitions are a decent training tool (or would be if we bought better masks that don't fog and completely prevent you from using the weapon sights).

They have no place in recreation though- far too dangerous if mishandled. People have been badly injured, even killed by them in accidents.

As I understand, SNC Lavalin's gonna be delivering 5.56mm simunitions to the Forces starting next year. as it stands we have to completely swap upper receivers on our weapons to use the 9mm simunitions. The 5.56 can be fired from a stock 5.56 rifle.

Hopefully they don't gunk up barrels with melted plastic as badly as the 9mm did...

NPYD has a bunch of 9mm pistols that they have swapped over to Simunitions permanantly, to prevent having to take the time to switch in and out.  

Being able to swap to and from training rounds without having to change recievers would be quite efficient.

My brother was telling me of one of his Drill Sgt's kids when they were at their range, the kid was watching the simunitions exercises, and got drilled in the stomach through a hole in the wall. He said the kid was in pretty bad shape when they picked him up again.

?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic