Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

homemade course

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: homemade course
    Posted: 12 December 2006 at 6:30pm

I was wondering what the most efficent way to make a homemade paintball course, without spending hundreds of dollers on blowups and expensive materials.  I have unlimited ammounts of wood, and a great area to build it in.  How should i do it, what should i do, and any other helpfull advice to make it would be great.  And i want it to be like a speedball course, just wood in place of blow ups.  Thanks

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:29pm
you can make some bunkers by making them into a wall type thing, two or 3 pieces going across and lumber going the other way on them, they prop them up to make a V shape, screw it together mabye, put a bunch of those together and you have a snake...other than that, just use  your imagination
7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:36pm

Thanks for the feedback, what is a good way to make the wood stick into the ground? Digging a hole with a shovel and sticking it in or wat?

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:36pm

You don't spend hundreds on a half decent airball field. You spend thousands.

With the wood, you can build anything you want. Sticking one in the ground is best done with concrete, but if that's not feasible, dig as deep as possible and stick it in there.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 12 December 2006 at 7:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:41pm
I saw a set of 5 blow up airball field props and it was $800
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:45pm
woodsballman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:38pm
who wants to spend that much money on bunkers hybrid-sniper?
tippmann custom pro
E-trigger
cyclone feeder
21" core barrel
or 11" stock barrel
20 and 9 oz co2 tanks
or Brass Eagle Talon Ghost
with copperhead red dot scope
and a wooden stock
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:52pm

No single person would buy a set like that. It's not on topic anyway, so let's get back on topic, please...

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 12 December 2006 at 8:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 9:10pm

Well, concrete isn't avalible im going to dig a large whole, stick in the piece of wood in, then filling the hole back up where the wood doesnt feel up, then if i can find some concrete, cement it later, im really looking forward to this, once im finished i will post a pic, so keep an eye out

me and my friends are also going to chip in to buy a 20 lb. CO2 tank so we can play for longer periods of time, and my bud found paintballs at wal-mart for 7 bucks for 500

Edited by 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS - 12 December 2006 at 9:13pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 9:20pm
Make sure you invest in a chronograph. Nothing will ruin a day more than a hot gun...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 9:27pm
Hmmm im new to paintball could u explain what that is? judging by ur 'hot gun' quote, is it like a solution or somthing that keeps the gun cool enough to shoot without getting over heated?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 9:43pm
Nope. Guns don't get overheated. If anything, they'll freeze. "Shooting hot" means the velocity is more than a safe limit. That is bad. Keep you gun shooting at less than 300 feet per second. The average is 280 FPS.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 9:48pm

Oh jeez.

A chronograph is a device that measures the velocity of the gun being fired. The safe limit is 300 feet per second, Anything above that risks breaking small bones and causing more serious bodily injury. Lens cracking is also possible. Lens cracking can lead to lense breakage, which is not good for your eyes. Shooting over a set limit is considered "shooting hot."

Paintball guns don't overheat. There is no combustion, except in the C3 (which gets warm but isn't dangerous) and thus there's no red hot barrels or "zomg molten metalz" that your gun will spew.

Edit- DAMMIT DETREV

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 12 December 2006 at 9:48pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:06pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Farcry0092 View Drop Down
im not nominated for anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farcry0092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 7:33am
Originally posted by 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS 7DS_SHIZNIT_7DS wrote:

Well, concrete isn't avalible im going to dig a large whole, stick in the piece of wood in, then filling the hole back up where the wood doesnt feel up, then if i can find some concrete, cement it later, im really looking forward to this, once im finished i will post a pic, so keep an eye out

me and my friends are also going to chip in to buy a 20 lb. CO2 tank so we can play for longer periods of time, and my bud found paintballs at wal-mart for 7 bucks for 500

does that mean your going to fill your own tanks? cuz if so, thats not very safe.

ryans_silver_98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryans_silver_98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 8:36am
we have wooden fence post with old doors from animal pens and old house doors nailed to the post and 1x4 boards nailed to the post at an angle to the boards hold up the bunker, works out pretty good, we got about 20 of em I'd say, and also pieces of tin off our old barns between the post
Silver 98 custom
DOP 8 stage x chamber
R/T
14" smart parts progressive barrel
Empire Reloader II
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 11:56am
We have a homemade paintball course at my house. We went to different
companies and asked for their wooden crates and they gave 'em to us. We
set some of those up in out woods and then we sat up a old jon boat. We
actually went somewhere and got a lot of scrap wood and made bunkers out
of it. We have some other things that we got from an auction. We are also
getting an old broken car to put down there. It looks junking but luckily it's
down a hill and no one can see anything. It's a lot of fun to play on and we
didn't really pay for anything. It just took a while to set everything up.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 12:16pm
It seems that you don't know much about paintball.

I would not suggest starting your own field if you do not even know the basics of the sport.

You need to play at a real field and learn ALOT more about the sport before you even start to think about playing without refs and field employees that know what they are doing.
dontrummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontrummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 2:20pm
id be careful if your doin thid near a city or someone complains about it you could get into trouble, happened to my freind. but cool idea though i i got the perfect place to play in my woods(not very big though).

ryans_silver_98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryans_silver_98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 5:23pm
another thing that makes good bunkers sorta are those big wooden spools that telephone wire comes on, I'm currently trying to get some from the local phone company, I've seen those used in a few homemade fields
Silver 98 custom
DOP 8 stage x chamber
R/T
14" smart parts progressive barrel
Empire Reloader II
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic