Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Mask is Right for you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fattymcgee55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 2:01am
I've tried empire events, avatars, jt proflex's, flex 7's, elite head shields, and by far the most comfortable mask I've ever worn is the flex 8. I can also wear my glasses in comfort.
samuelbowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuelbowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 11:14pm
im stuck with a jt mask i bought for like $30 at walmart....it gets the job done
Samuel Bowen
MostHated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MostHated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2007 at 10:59pm
I love the e ventz they are real good u could see clearly its comfortable what more would players want and i also have a dye mask and that also good and u could get upgrades for it to fit your needs and you could do the same with the e ventz.
MarcoAzorean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoAzorean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 11:29am
Mask of the moment is:

Vforce Grill

I got one and its just awesome!... In all details!...
TIPPMAN X7 HK416 Fixed Stock Mod

captpainntball7 View Drop Down
strike 1- flaming/crudity 3/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captpainntball7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:19pm
The biggest problem I have with masks is the fogging. It has seriously ruined games for me. I was thinking about getting a mask with a fan built in. Is this a good idea or are there other masks that never ever fog?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 12:47am

Originally posted by captpainntball7 captpainntball7 wrote:

The biggest problem I have with masks is the fogging. It has seriously ruined games for me. I was thinking about getting a mask with a fan built in. Is this a good idea or are there other masks that never ever fog?

Have you tried thermal lenses?

techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 11:11am
Originally posted by captpainntball7 captpainntball7 wrote:

I'm using the same mask I bought 6 years ago, a JT Flex-7 and it's served me well.

Very reliable and will take a beating. I've actually tried out the "Vortex" fan on it,
but imho it was terrible and really just a big waste of $20.

On the flip side however, if you're a woodsball/scenario team member, you may find that the
JT Sports Comm is a valuable piece of equipment. Definately gets a HUGE from me.

My team used Motorolas and the system worked great. Some of the guys preferred
throat mics, but as you can see the mic provided is very sufficient, just don't YELL.

As far as fogged up lenses go, if you want to take the more frugal route, using the
PMI Anti-Fog on your lenses may do the trick. It has for me.

Good luck!
MarcoAzorean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoAzorean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:19am

All masks with anti-fog lenses (thermal lenses) are good, if they are in good shape, after a while they tend to lose their effectiveness.

I had a JT Protheus 2 for 7 years served me very well, i changed lenses on it 3 times over that period!

I now have a Vforce Grill and it is better than the JT system, no dought about it!

It costs more to have these high end masks but its a good investement and it will show over time in the games...

TIPPMAN X7 HK416 Fixed Stock Mod

hawkwindnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkwindnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 5:02am

A couple of pics there of extreme rage masks.

Click on the pic for a better view.

Mask on left is an extreme rage x-ray single, mask on right is a extreme rage 20/20 echo.

Both completely different masks, the xray is a budget model, however, I find it great for woodsball, and fits huge melons very well. The foam is crap, and will last not more than a couple of months. Great complete neck and side protection, this is a huge mask, and also has a huge profile, but seems to blend in with dense bush really well. It also needs a thermal lense. This mask is made of very solid plastic, it certainly doesn't give a bit. You get a headshot in this, and the noise in the mask can make your ears ring at times.

The 20/20 echo is a pretty decent speedball mask, is low profile, and is made of soft rubber which allows for quite a few ricochets. It also has a built in fan in the visor. Not suited for large heads, you get your cheeks slapped in this mask. It has very decent foam around the goggles, and some above the ears, which has lasted a couple of years fine. Also has a great non slip strap with silicone lines running around it.

However, there is absolutely no neck protection, I also found the fan very noisey until I squirted some wd40 into it, and does an o.k. job at keeping the fog at bay.

I am a bit of a fat bugger, so I sweat a fair bit in game, which causes a lot of fogging, so I have made a belt mounted fan connected to my mask through electrical conduit piping. I look like Darth vader in the bush, but it works that well I have to turn it off when my eyebrows go numb from the cold. I have also removed the goggle assembly out of the 20/20 echo and fitted it to the x-rays, they are the exact same assembly and switch over very well.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the lenses provide very good visibility, but they are an absolute mongrel to remove from the frame.

Hope the pictures turn out,

Edited by hawkwindnz - 19 May 2008 at 5:23am
SWAT Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWAT Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 7:17pm
I have a V Force Grill Goggle in Olive Drab. Its light and very comfortable.
WeeMan23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeMan23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 9:18pm
I have a V Force profiler and its the best thing I've ever owned.  Light, comfy, tight profile, and excellent field of vision.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
Barentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 7:21pm

Hey, I was just looking at some masks, and I didnt think i saw a post on the JT USA Spectra N Forcer Thermal Mask, but I was kinda wondering if anyone had some experience with it?

Thanks

~Barentine

a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 7:37pm
i used to love profilers but then I got an avatar and fell in love, are the events better than the avatar?
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
Aady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:33am

Should be giving thanks Usafpilot he put the reel time into this.

aady

Addiction Recovery North Carolina

Aady Pitt
11x11x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11x11x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 9:36pm
i have seen maskes that are thermal baked ore something like that and i have seen double pane ones. my problem is that being new(uncontroable heart rate and breathing) and overly agressive( run around like rambo) my mask tends to fog up in a matter of a min or two playing woodsball here in ohio. can some of you pros tell me some pros and cons of each?  by the way great site i have learned a lot
NoMeRcY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoMeRcY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 8:57am

Hi everyone. I'm mike I am from Brooklyn New York there isn’t a paintball store around here with a variety of masks for 50 miles... I am 6'2 260 lbs with a chubby face... I bought a mask with a single fan it works okay... but still fog’s up after a quick rush and is a pain to clean... anyone got any suggestions on the best of the best anti fog mask maybe one with 20 fans if possible loll  I was thinking

White DYE I3 PRO Paintball Thermal HD Mask Goggles

$99.95

and the added fan

Dye Invision Turbine Fan - Black

$59.99
Now $49.95

as a second

Dye Invision, i3, and i3 Pro Thermal Goggle Lens - HD Burnt Yellow

$29.95

But with shipping and handling I am at $200.... I don’t care about the money on eye site... for the simple face that between the gas and tolls and paintball at 75 a case on field would cost more than 200... How can I put that to use if I can’t see...  so I don’t mind spending up to $500 on goggle's if that’s the case... i'm about quality so please help me out for I am new to this. thanks guy's

Mike
Blafferty10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blafferty10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 6:02pm
I use what is called an JT Fireman mask. NO! It is not a full wrap around helmet. It has great ventilation and great protection. It is a swampy green color. Great Anti-Fog lens. This mask is about 7 years old. Still working just fine. I will post pick later, you can't find these masks anymore.
Tippmann MODEL 98 (8-10 years old!)
Flatline barrel(With clamp :( )
Brand New Bolt
Red Dot Sight
evilzook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilzook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 10:46pm
i have a jt proflex, Im about 6'4. in pounds id probably weigh 210 or somewhere near it. I used to have a lot of trouble with fogging masks, but this one is a champion!! i do a fair bit of running and jumping and diving, and it holds up well. also pretty easy to pull down and clean.
here for the carnage
"if god did not intend us to eat animals, why did he create them out of meat?"
SMR412 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMR412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:00am

I have a small head (x-small to small motorcycle helmet)

I prefer the full coverage models. I guess coming from motocross racing it "feels right" having a "helmet" on. I've been hit on the head before I had the full coverage masks and (call me a wuss) it really P----D me off!

I started with the JT Elite headshield (full head coverage) and thought it was OK, better than the junk that came with my first gun.

I now use the JT Flex 8 full coverage with Thermal and really like it a lot more than the above. Much more comfy and better vision, fits my head and face much better.

I use a piece of custom cut foam to fine tune the fit on my head. The foam is from a motocross bike skid plate. Cuts easily with a razor blade and is cheap and easy to manipulate. I'm really picky about how things fit, so I spend a little time to dail in my head gear.

It can get very humid here in Louisiana (any time of year) so I use a trick from motocross racing---> use a, cut in half long ways, female panty liner with self adhesive strip and place it on the top of the google foam to absorb sweat. This will keep almost all sweat from dripping into your eyes. The goggles used in motocross have much better sweat absorbsion capabilities but this trick works with the cheaper goggles with less sweat wicking ability. This is usually a little more comfy than sweated through foam also.

My brother uses a fan to keep his glasses from fogging up in the goggles. It has a switch to run it only when needed. It does reduce hearing ability but only when it's running.

We also use a wax type lense treatment for fogging on top of thermal lenses, mine never fog even with the older non-thermal/single pane lenses

Play on----------

Staka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:28pm
I have a V-Force Profiler and love it. I wear glasses and find that the mask will not fog up but my glasses will. I use a mixture of 6 parts water to 1 part dish soap on my GLASSES and it seems to work fine. You should not use anything on the inside of the mask as it will ruin any coating put on at the factory. If the lens gets hit I find clean water and air drying (it takes seconds) works best.
98 Custom Pro
18" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Response Trigger
Cyclone Feeder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic