Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Mask is Right for you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuriKaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2010 at 10:59am
heck i just weny to wally world amd bought a pair it works 4 me and im happy. not into high pirce mask a mask is a mask <not really> i just buaght me a better pair of JT lens
tippmann alpha black
14" rap4 recon
foregrip
dubpaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 12:25pm
Which moderately priced mask has the best peripheral vision?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:52am
Originally posted by dubpaintball dubpaintball wrote:

Which moderately priced mask has the best peripheral vision?

Dub, with masks, you almost always get what you pay for.  Best bet is to go to a proshop, and try on the different masks in your price range.

Just picked up a pair of i4s last week. They are suuuhhhweeeet
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
alexdwsn12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexdwsn12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 1:21pm
All are great!. But I personally like V-force Profilers. It is very suitable for and I am feeling comfortable with it. So, there is no problem with that. Also, it is very effective and cost is no more.
DoUcMeYet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoUcMeYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 8:52am
Personally Im newish to paintball and been playing recreationally for the last couple of years and now want to get into this sport a little more seriously.

The problem I've found with all the pairs of Goggles I've worn in the past is that they all steam up within about 5 minutes of the game starting rendering my blind until I get shot or have to leave.

Is there a pair which guarantees no steaming? 
Corbenick View Drop Down
Strike 1&2, 1.30.10- racist filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corbenick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2010 at 10:43am
i just bought a special edition eventz and its an alright mask looks amazing but it still fogs and the lenzs looks distorted like wavy idk whats wrong with it butit cost 117$ ugh

Tippmann A5
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
TechT Squishy Paddles & Vortex Mod
Liberty 3 Point Stock
Lapco M4 Gas Through Mag Kit
DoUcMeYet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoUcMeYet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 3:53am
Which mask will give the best ventilation and not steam up within 5 minutes of play?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by DoUcMeYet DoUcMeYet wrote:

Which mask will give the best ventilation and not steam up within 5 minutes of play?
I'm a big sweaty guy and have problems with fogging. .I ended up getting fans for my Proto switches off of Ebay. Search for 'Mask Fan Paintball" and there is a guy in Canada that sells them as a kit. My brother, who is younger, and in much better shape even had issues with his VForce Profilers and his SavePhace masks, so he opted for fans as well. I have yet to try any highend mask like Dye I3's, perhaps they are better, but for less money, I have a mask that will not fog regardless of the conditions.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
shot View Drop Down

Needs to behave in mature manner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 7:04pm
what about the Invert Avatar BT Edition Thermal Paintball Mask - Woodland-Digi, i got contacts but i was wondering if this is a good woodsball mask???
http://www.tippmannpros.com/invert-avatar-bt-edition-thermal-paintball-mask-woodland-digi.html
Qed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 9:11am
Originally posted by MarcoAzorean MarcoAzorean wrote:

Mask of the moment is:

Vforce Grill

I got one and its just awesome!... In all details!...

Just got my Wife one of those and she loves it (great fit and good ventilation).  I picked up a Sly Pro fit for myself.
lynn1221 View Drop Down

bot guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynn1221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 5:01am
-DELETED-
Write in English or nothing....                                   

Edited by pepprdog - 19 October 2010 at 12:01pm
Tracy K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 8:51pm
Thanks for the post. Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum
-DELETED LINK- SUSPENDED ACCOUNT-ADVERTISING

Edited by pepprdog - 29 October 2010 at 10:39pm
shadowsniper View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Loves playing at 450fps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 2:32pm
there isnt much variation from one mask to the other. but here is what you should consider...

1) is the cheek fat? if you have a gun with a stock, and like to look through sighs or scopes, the mask can get in the way, and you may need to apply uncomfortable pressure to the stock. get something that fits tight to the cheek so you dont need risers to use sights.

2) Visors, once more, be careful for things that get in the way. most visors are detachable.

3) durability and flexability. it needs to be flexibile enough to bend when you need it to, but tought enough to take a fury of paintballs. if you play at high pressure like me (450fps) you need something very strong. normal competition speed it about 280fps
Tippman X-7
Tippman A-5
Tippman TPX
Rap4 T68
Spyder Pilot
Spyder Pro
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by shadowsniper shadowsniper wrote:

if you play at high pressure like me (450fps) you need something very strong. normal competition speed it about 280fps
Every commercial field reqquires FPS to be below 300. If you are playing at 450fps, you are an idiott and going to get someone hurt. The forum frowns upon promoting unsafe play.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
leeyn View Drop Down

Spambot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 9:44pm
I like The Vents avatar......Star
Spamming is bad.
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 9:13pm
Whats your opinion on the 20/20 invert?  I didnt really read the thread so sorry if im asking something thats already been asked...
Its not that i think stuipidity should be punishable by death, i just think we should take the warning labels off of things and let the problem handle itself.
slamdunk View Drop Down

Spambot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slamdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 4:28am
-DELETED-SPAM/SELLING/LINKS

Edited by pepprdog - 29 March 2011 at 11:12am
SPAMMER - SUSPENDED
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by shadowsniper shadowsniper wrote:

3) durability and flexability. it needs to be flexibile enough to bend when you need it to, but tought enough to take a fury of paintballs. if you play at high pressure like me (450fps) you need something very strong. normal competition speed it about 280fps

Read the forum rules. Tippmann does not condone discussions of unsafe play on this board.

Further on a more personal note, you're a bloody idiot. Masks are rated to 300fps because that's the industry agreed-upon speed limit. You're going to blow a hole through your buddies mask and blind him for life, and I for one hope his family sues you into a smoking crater for it.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 1:53pm
I run a JT flex 8 full helmet. Great helmet if you play in an area where guys get behind you often... (getting plugged in the back of the head smarts...)

But, after about a season of play, the thermal mask will start fogging. I use fog spray (the cheap JT stuff sold everywhere) and if you use it right it works great. Most people spray it on and then wipe it off...

Duh, you just wiped it off so it won't work. I clean my mask the night before my next game (or a few days before so it can dry) then spray the inside with the fog spray in a light amount and LET IT DRY on there. Don't wipe it off. 

Then it will be good for quite a while, but if it is raining, or really humid, it will still fog. I have fans, but they are pretty useless, as they are too small to pull enough air to do much. Plus they are really loud and sound like bee's are attacking your head, and you can't hear movement... (plus I run a helmet cam, so the buzzing is no good for my audio on my camera.). 

So I take my fog spray onto the field with me, I carry an extra JT flex 8 half mask that I switch to (we don't have "safe" zones at my field so we wear masks all the time) and then I spray the mask with fog spray and let it sit on there, sure there are streaks, but I'd rather have streaks than complete fog where you can't see anything!

Oh, and NEVER prop your mask on top of your head, that just takes all the heat from your head and pushes it right into the lens! That will make even the best mask fog up!...

If I want a tiny view of the field I put on my reaper mask... With such small eye holes it is hard to see what is going on, but it looks cool!

They tremble at my name...
birgit19 View Drop Down

BaconSpam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birgit19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2012 at 2:52am
Everything is great! As long as you're comfortable and it has suitable design, then it's the right one for you.
Happiness is the best face lift. karneval verkleidung kostüme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic