Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**PAINTBALL 101-Basic Info**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper91180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2007 at 7:11am
thanks guys,  yeah i did a search and checkde over the barrel threading already,    now off to find some co2
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:56pm

Very informative post. Answered a few questions I had regarding my new 98. I have played a fair amount of times, but finally got off of my cheap a.. and bought my own equipment.

nicked999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicked999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2008 at 7:04am
Well done Mack, very informative and answered quite a few questions that i had. Ive just bought an A5 and will be going down the Mil-sim path, as im ex military and it allows me to live the glory days, so to speak.
SpdFrkGT03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpdFrkGT03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 6:14pm
I'm just getting started in paintball and this article you wrote was extremely helpful. Answered alot of questions I had that I couldn't find answers to. Thanks for spending the time to write it.
bunnygoodlookin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnygoodlookin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:33am
fantastic, loads of info for all. great job done.
cheers
vikram

hobohunter23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobohunter23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 7:20am
that's a really helpful post  
r0ly4tn0j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0ly4tn0j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 1:42pm
Kind of new player, hopefully buying a gun, i am for sure bookmarking this page. Excellent Post.

I will refer this to all of my friends giving the author full credit.

Thanks a lot, VERY HELPFUL!
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 12:45pm

Robotech has an awesome paintball101 website

http://www.b17queenofthesky.com/paintball/guides/paintball10 1.html

SMR412 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMR412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 11:29pm

Well, I read most of it and will be back to finish it over time.

I'm new hear and a new A5 owner. I have been a beginner woods-baller for about a year but only recently purchased the A5.

I'm into the mechanical side of things as I am a MX bike mechanic (suspension mostly) and am really enjoying learning about my new gun.

Thanks VERY MUCH for taking the time to create this post-IT ROCKS!!!

Rowdy Lax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Lax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:22am

Hey great job answerd a couple of needed questions. Thanx

""If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti"
keet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:56pm
"Make sure the buffer o-ring is reinstalled around the spring and spring guide."

Does this apply to the new A-5, which has a different end cap?  I haven't even really tried to remove my end cap or the buffer, and I think they don't really come apart.  Besides this, I generally use a stock.  I think that I tend toward the mil-sim look.  Maybe you can understood, since you've already carried around an M16 for quite a while longer than I did.
GOMEZ15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:10pm
wow that is a lot to typenice job
FORUM snowboarding
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by keet keet wrote:

"Make sure the buffer o-ring is reinstalled around the spring and spring guide."

Does this apply to the new A-5, which has a different end cap? 

The end cap with the integral buffer does not require this o-ring.  However, my A5 came from the factory with this o-ring even though it is not shown on the schematic for the older A5s either.  I have continued to use an o-ring in this location and have never had a problem. 

I haven't even really tried to remove my end cap or the buffer, and I think they don't really come apart. 

I can't tell from the schematic if they do or not either.  The older end-caps had a c-clip you could remove for disassembly, but it is unnecessary to do so.  You can remove the o-ring with a pick (or bent paper clip) and slide a new one on without taking the end-cap apart.

Besides this, I generally use a stock.

If the stock does not have a built in buffer system, I highly recommend tossing an o-ring around the drive spring to act as a shock absorber for the rear bolt.  I have seen stock mounting points and A5 shells fail from the constant hammering of the rear bolt.

I think that I tend toward the mil-sim look.  Maybe you can understood, since you've already carried around an M16 for quite a while longer than I did.

It took me a while to get used to using the tank as a stock as well.  Now I use the tank on some markers and aftermarket stocks on the others.,

im new to painball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im new to painball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:59pm
Confusedim really new and confused i want to buy a mrker but a cheap 1 im trying for under 100$ any advice?
new to paint ball help!!!
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:01am
advice would be to not spend under a hundred dollars. most markers brand new under 100 are crap. try to find a 98 custom package with a mask and a tank. 
Sgt Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 4:13pm
I'm a relativly new paintballer but this guide has helped me make some solid decisons and has clarifyed some gray area's for me. Thanks.

Try and find me....
landolfz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landolfz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 4:24pm
Hey, I wanted to buy a new marker and had a few questions.

First i have trouble on deciding between the x7 egrip or the x7 phenom
I know they are pretty similar for upgrades but i still cant decide
can someone please tell me some differences and which would be better for me
im looking for range, versitility and easily upgradible
I also realized the x7 has 2 more rails than the phenom.
I also wanted to know if the flatline barrel is worth it.
So in the end, which is truly more worth it and why
THE X7 or THE X7 PHENOM
buhju1 View Drop Down

Auf wiedersehen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2010 at 12:52pm
Phenom. It has the E-grip in it. It is also the newest model. The flatline is worth it if you play in the woods. Without question. 
Thewiseguitar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thewiseguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 1:53am

I'm asking myself something... If I lubricate the inside of my gun's barrel, will it reduces the friction between the ball and the metal of the barrel and make the ball go further?

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 1:56am
no. and the reason the flatline works is because the top is SLIGHTLY gripped and the bottom is SLIGHTLY lubed (if i'm not mistaken) which gives it more backspin, giving it the extra distance.

unless your a smith or handy with tools i wouldn't recommend trying to fiddle around with the barrel too much. the lube isn't going to do much.

if you have a tippmann you might want to look into a flatline system, they can be pretty cheap on ebay. the only thing is they can be picky with paint. or you could look into an APEX barrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic