Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**PAINTBALL 101-Basic Info**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:44am
KEEP JUNK OUT OF THE BARREL.

For the most part, putting any form of anything in your barrel will only decrease accuracy. You want as little interfering with your ball as possible, and certainly no liquid. That said, people used to use Rain-X inside their barrel. I never did this, and have my doubts this trick did anything. I really don't see the need to...

GI JOES SON: Actually, the entire inner surface of the Flatline is textured, so there is no lube. It is, however, overbored and curved. These three factors allow the paintball to grip the top of the barrel as it travels down it, imparting a backspin. This gives it the added distance the Flatty is known for.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 11:31am
Rain-x was not about increased distance, it was about being able to shoot through breaks easier on the older, less well finished, barrels.  It did make a difference for this.  I have never had the urge to do this on any after-market barrel made since the mid-'90s.
jim2939 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim2939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 6:04pm
Excellent Post. Answered some questions for me and gave some good info.
Thanks for doing it.
Moto13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moto13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2010 at 1:52am
That was some great information, especially for newbies.
Thanks again.
Life is not about what you have to do, it's about what you WANT to do!
codycody2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codycody2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:22pm
nice
TINTIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TINTIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 11:40am
just a question, im in s.a and would like to know if the bravo one is a nice gun to start with

the kit costs R1600 for the gogles, marker, hopper and either a 9oZ or 12oZ gas
is that a good deal thanx TINTIN
I Am new to the game! BUT LOVE IT
Core2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Core2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 10:19am
This was great, being a total newb to paintball, I found this well written and very informative... thanks for the effort...
Andy Mac

Tippman A-5
Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 11:03pm
Another ditto - Lots of great basic info for us newbs. 

At this point, I have all I need except a chrono.  I want to get in a variety of practice before hitting a course, but if I'm not shooting at the right velocity, it will be less meaningful.

Already spent a ton of $, and another 80 for a chrono (including shipping) is tough :P

Anyway, Thanks again.
Tippmann X7 Phenom ep
Collapsible stock
CO2 (for now)
Bobsizlak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsizlak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 6:52pm
I'm trying to be a sniper in woodsball but at the same time I want to be able to deal with close quarters. Do you think the Flatline would be the best for me?
luva98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luva98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 9:03pm
nice job...stickyworthy

replied just to test my new sig...
I play at CPX sports with my friends every few weeks so PM me if you want to maybe play? im 16 and they are too
Sebastian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 8:37pm
It is of great help to the noviceThumbs Up
Pumpkinhead65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pumpkinhead65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:41pm
Thanks for all the great information . I'm a complete newbie , I bought my first paintball marker , a 98 Custom Platinum Series Power Pack , today on clearance at Walmart today. I can't wait to play some woods ball . I think I'm going to need some more protective gear first . I'm sure everyone is going to target the Newbie Old Dude , but it should be lots of fun . Thanks Again .
Gabba Gabba Hey !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic