Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

transparent gun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transparent gun?
    Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:18pm
Is there any kind of material that could be used to make a gun clear/transparent. I think it'd be pretty sweet to just see the internals and stuff inside a sorta tough plastic shell.
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:32pm
Lexan.
Thinking about it...
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:03pm
this is kind of the wrong place to post this it should be in paintball ideas but
yes lexan would work i dont know quite how much it would cost to
manufacture and it would be really hard to make on you own
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:49pm
Lexan for sure. I agree that it would be cool to see the gun's internals working.

Edited by sinisterNorth - 30 December 2006 at 10:51pm
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 1:54am
Ohh..so thats what those impossible to break water bottles are made of 
nathanours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 1:56am
lol like the nalgene bottles?
Connmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by estcstpnt estcstpnt wrote:

Lexan.

MYTHBUSTERS!

table of what really makes your marker work
*Gnomes= autocockers
*Fairies= Angels
*Pixies= Timmys
*leprachauns= tippys
*goblins= spyders
*elves= mags    
*lawyers= smartparts
Ya I'm that smart
lilsully4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilsully4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 2:50pm

Originally posted by Connmann Connmann wrote:

Originally posted by estcstpnt estcstpnt wrote:

Lexan.

MYTHBUSTERS!

love Mythbusters!!!

kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by lilsully4 lilsully4 wrote:

Originally posted by Connmann Connmann wrote:

[QUOTE=estcstpnt]Lexan.[/
QUOTE]MYTHBUSTERS!

love Mythbusters!!!

who doesnt love mythbusters
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 4:38pm
I think the main thing no one understands, is that even if you  did make a see through material into a paintball gun, it would not be transparent for long.  With the tight fit of the bolt in the gun, scratches would start to show up immediately.  After a while, it would just look like a scratched up peice of glass in the shape of a paintball gun.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 8:08pm

Surprised I'm the first to post those.....
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 8:11pm
Hah, I used to have a Stingray II Ghost.  Loud as hell and had an insanely heavy trigger pull.
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 3:07am
Wow I feel dumb espically since my brother has a smoke/clearish b.e. talon pump at home. I forgot all about it till those pics were posted.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 2:00pm
I thought about that, and wondered why no company thought of it, but i never thought of the scratches

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 2:26pm
I believe there is also a "Stingray II Ice"
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 5:47pm
Stingray II ICE is the top one, Talon Ghost is the bottom one. I used to buy those from guys looking to upgrade to a Tippmann at the pro-shop for like $10 for the Stingrays and $5 for the Talons. If they worked, we sold them in bulk on e-bay, if not, I saved up parts to build 'refurbished' ones. We did a stock-class speedball game with a bunch of talons once. That was freaking hilarious!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
lilsully4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilsully4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 6:16pm
^ha ha ha
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 9:17am
I love BE pumps. I started with a group playing with Blades and Talons. I remember when a 200rd hopper could be filled, and at the end of the day you would still have 1/2 the hopper left.
Wubadoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wubadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

I love BE pumps. I started with a group playing with Blades and Talons. I remember when a 200rd hopper could be filled, and at the end of the day you would still have 1/2 the hopper left.

well there's the first time that i've ever heard of anyone loving brass eagle equipment.  the talon is a fun little gun to mess around with though

Wubadoo
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Wubadoo Wubadoo wrote:

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

well there's the first time that i've ever heard of anyone loving brass eagle equipment.  the talon is a fun little gun to mess around with though

There are plenty of people including me that love the Rainmaker by BE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic