Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions About the Kingman Spyder VS3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions About the Kingman Spyder VS3
    Posted: 03 January 2007 at 10:43am

Do you have any opinions, observations, recommendations, or warnings about the Kingman VS3? 

I'm still trying to decide what to buy.

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 1:09pm

Opinion - I don't like spyders that much.  That's the only opinion I can give you.

Observation- the rocking trigger isn't tourney legal.

Recommendation - If you are still deciding I think an ion would be better if you are into getting a cheap speedsball gun.

Warnings - none I can think of.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 4:20pm
I havent heard much about the VS line of Kingman markers. As mentioned, the rocking trigger is not tournament legal, which may even roll over to field legal, depending on your fields rules/regulations. I would reccomend looking for a used Smart Parts Ion. Nicely upgraded ones are selling for cheap now and you shoudlnt have problems finding what you want.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 6:21pm

i dunno for casual play they seem fine

but you could never make them into a hiigh end gun no matter how much money you put into them

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 6:41pm

The VS series markers arent built for Highend/Hiperformance , but as with most Kingman products they are a decent value for the money .

I play a fair amount of "Bushball" with and against people who use the mechanical VS (VS1?) markers and they seem pretty decent performance wise .

I have owned a couple of Kingman's electronic markers , namely the Electra and the Fenix . Both , if maintained properly were as good performance wise as the Tippmann's I've owned . But,,, My preference would be with the tippmann marker , 

1. they have the edge on dependability with a minimum of upkeep .

2.there is more built-in versatility as far as upgrades go , barrels , hoppers , E-triggers , stocks , remotes Etc,, (tho,, to be fair , I dont know what upgrades are available for the VS series markers specifically)

3. Should you ever have a problem with a Tippmann , their Customer Service is by far the best in the industry .

A lot will depend on how you intend to play with it , if you want a weekend plinker and like a reliable modestly priced marker , either Kingman or Tippmann would be a good choice . I own and shoot both .

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 8:59pm
if you do decide to get a vs marker, get the vs2 because if you ever
decide to play in a local tourney then your gonna regret getting the
rocking trigger.
Capt.Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 9:31pm
All,
Thanks for the info.  I had some concerns about reliability (as I have a buddy with a MR3 that has been nothing but problems for him).

I had not considered the tourney / field implications of the rocking trigger since I have not played anything except rec/woodsball.

I guess that scratches the VS3 since I do plan to venture out to a field one of these days.  I've decided against the invert mini (mostly for cost reasons). 

Sooo,

That leaves me choosing between an A5 and an Ion.

Again,  Thanks for your input!

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 9:36pm

If you play speedsball more than woods but want a fairly versitile gun too, you can get a 98 Custom pro.  You can have a more "speedball type" of hopper. 

Even thought I love the cyclone and it can go nearly as fast as anyone could ever need it, it still doesn't work the greatest in a speedball setting.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

you could never make them into a hiigh end gun no matter how much money you put into them

Uh, Spimmy?

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

If you play speedsball more than woods but want a fairly versitile gun too, you can get a 98 Custom pro.  You can have a more "speedball type" of hopper. 

Even thought I love the cyclone and it can go nearly as fast as anyone could ever need it, it still doesn't work the greatest in a speedball setting.

I have a 98C/flatline which I intend to keep and modify / upgrade.

I got some cash for xmas, and I am looking for another marker.  You and I already discussed the virtues of upping my 98C or getting an A5 a few weeks ago in another thread I started.  I agree with you about upping the 98, but I got alot more money than I thought, so I am adding a second marker to my so called "collection".  

kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Capt.Jonesy Capt.Jonesy wrote:

All,
Thanks for the info.  I had some concerns about reliability (as I have a buddy with a MR3 that has been nothing but problems for him).

I had not considered the tourney / field implications of the rocking trigger since I have not played anything except rec/woodsball.

I guess that scratches the VS3 since I do plan to venture out to a field one of these days.  I've decided against the invert mini (mostly for cost reasons). 

Sooo,

That leaves me choosing between an A5 and an Ion.

Again,  Thanks for your input!

ya ions are great if you want to be like everyone and there mother....but if you want to be really unique get a piece of pvc and stick one paintball at a time and blow it out under your power i mean could you imagine the look on peoples faces. they would all be like omg did you just see that kid with that pipe who just owned that kid with the shocker. i mean either way take my advice or dont but just think how customizable that piece of pvc would be.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt.Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 11:08am

[/QUOTE]
ya ions are great if you want to be like everyone and there mother....but if you want to be really unique get a piece of pvc and stick one paintball at a time and blow it out under your power i mean could you imagine the look on peoples faces. they would all be like omg did you just see that kid with that pipe who just owned that kid with the shocker. i mean either way take my advice or dont but just think how customizable that piece of pvc would be.
[/QUOTE]

LOL... Can I get some PVC on the nation?  What are some of the mods available?   I mean you cant just put something out there like that and not be specific. I need details!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic