Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which is better A-5 or 98Custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is better A-5 or 98Custom
    Posted: 14 January 2007 at 12:48am

I am deciding whether to keep my 98 custom (all stock parts) and add onto it or buy an A-5 with the upgrades that i want (birthday is comin up) I want a gun that has accuracy, semi-auto, powerful shots, and comfortable.  Anyone want to suggest which one is better overall and what parts i should add to which?  Thanks

woot tippmann ftw
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 1:03am
each have there up and down sides, it dpends what your using it for, woodsballs or speedball or both. if its woods, i say a-5, speed 98c, and both, then stick with 98c
Canadians do it on top.
zycon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 1:53am

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

each have there up and down sides, it dpends what your using it for, woodsballs or speedball or both. if its woods, i say a-5, speed 98c, and both, then stick with 98c

well im mainly a woodballer so could you tell me why the a-5 is such a good gun for my type of paintballing?

woot tippmann ftw
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 8:24am
It's all personal preference. Since you already have a 98c and plan to stick to woodsball, I would keep it. Look into a cyclone, new barrel, RT, etc for it and enjoy.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
xXSniper8xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXSniper8xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 2:32pm

although this has been asked numerous times, i'll say whats good and bad about both.

The A-5 has the cyclone (which i don't really care for), its a little bit more upgradable than the 98 custom but its also a little bit heavier (which i don't mind)

the 98c is easy for a beginner, its a little easy to strip and clean IMO and is a little bit more dependable than the A-5. It doesn't have the cyclone (like before, not too big to me) but its also lighter than the A-5

but in your situation i would just keep the 98c and add stuff to it, if you really want to, get an A-5, but all your really getting in the A-5 is a bulked up 98 custom with a cyclone and possibly an RT of E-grip

edit - or you could of been a little less lazy and read the thread sticky-d above this.

Edited by xXSniper8xX - 14 January 2007 at 8:36pm
It's best to restrain yourself from talking back to noobs, they're very territorial and easily angered. Then they will attempt to abuse you, with back up from other noobs, because they work in packs.
xi SiC NeSs ix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xi SiC NeSs ix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 10:38am
i would stick with the 98c im going to be getting a custom pro but ya like xXsniper8Xx said the A-5 is a bet on the heavy side.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic