Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a Pump
    Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:21pm

not a lot of moolah in that bank, i want a good one but its gotta be cheap 100-200 could go to 275. with asa.

Edited by mamasboi - 31 January 2007 at 10:26pm
mamasboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:32pm

Worr Game Products Outkast Sniper II

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4685/

Do u think i should get this is it a good pump

barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:34pm
A cheap yet very nice pump would be a PMI Trracer or ACI Maverick (both are the same). Easy one the pocket and show very good performance. It's not AS good as a phantom but it's quite close. You get basically the same performance.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 7:09am
I would reccomend starting with something like a Maverick, Trracer, or SL-68 II. Many times people jump into pump play and dont like it and have just wasted a lot of money. You can find any of those 3 pumps for $50 or less. Play with it for awhile and if you decide you like it, look into a Phantom.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 3:39pm
i payed 200 for the sniper style one i have an, i am deffinetaly saticfied with it.
Jon. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 4:32pm
Pick up an SL68II if you can. Built like a tank feels like a dream to hold. Even the horribly beat up barrel on the one I purchased shoots well.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 7:10pm
I suggest the maverick I have personaly used one for a day and it is kind of loud and fun to shoot it is alsp accurate with a stock barrel. Also if you do decide to get this gun I suggest investing in a new one not a used one because, the older ones don't have ball detents and you have to strip it down to change the velocity.
mamasboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 9:10pm
ok i like the Maverick  just a question does it have asa because i dont want to foddel with the little co2 things  i want to use my 9oz, mabye my 20 but i really like the WPG Outkast Sniper II. found a maverick for $97.98 total from http://www.spyder-paintball.com and a outkast for $262.90 total black or graphite from https://www.iisports.com

Edited by mamasboi - 01 February 2007 at 10:07pm
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by mamasboi mamasboi wrote:

ok i like the Maverick  just a question does it have asa because i dont want to foddel with the little co2 things  i want to use my 9oz, mabye my 20 but i really like the WPG Outkast Sniper II. found a maverick for $97.98 total from http://www.spyder-paintball.com and a outkast for $262.90 total black or graphite from https://www.iisports.com

Yes the maverick has an asa but it's not on the bottom of the grip it is in the back of the gun. I actually like it because I finaly found a use for the butstock thing that goes on my nine ounce.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 9:52am

03-04 cocker + Pump kit = less than $200

Try Ebay or PBNation Buy/Sell/Trade

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 7:16pm
I suggest PbNation, you could get a great Sniper or Phantom cheap there.
woodsballman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 1:20pm

get a talon ghost there only like $30. just kidding dont get one of those they suck.

tippmann custom pro
E-trigger
cyclone feeder
21" core barrel
or 11" stock barrel
20 and 9 oz co2 tanks
or Brass Eagle Talon Ghost
with copperhead red dot scope
and a wooden stock
mamasboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 9:28pm
its between the maverick and the wpg outkast sniper II, i like the look of the sniper but i like the price of the maverick
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 3:07am
kingman hammer, maverick, trracer, pgp, sniper....  you can't really go wrong.
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 4:49am
Buzzard?
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 8:07am

^haha

Try out a Maverick first. Give it a feel for awhile and if you decide you like pump play, you can look into something a little higher end.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
mamasboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 9:33pm
its final i just put in the order for the Maverick
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 9:47pm
aren't stock phantoms around 200 or so?
Jon. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 10:14pm
180$ at wevo for an m16 backbottle gravity feed. But for someone new a maverick would be just as good with the same configuration.

When he decides he wants to upgrade he'll get a good chunk of his money back if he decides to sell it so that's not bad.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

aren't stock phantoms around 200 or so?

Depends on if you get an older fixed barrel, or a newer one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic