Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote =( MODS)= Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about tank
    Posted: 02 February 2007 at 11:29pm

Hey, I am going to get a Proto Rail soon and was just wondering if you guys new if my Crossfire 68 4500 high would work. i heard the rail operates at 150 psi and was wondering if i needed a new tank. thanks for your time.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 12:04am

If you need to ask this question you may want to reconsider getting a higher end gun than one that runs on straight tank pressure.

/but yes it'll work fine

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 10:29pm
That's a bad way to explain that hybrid--what matters here is not the gun, but the high pressure regulator. The question is whether it can reduce the pressure from 800 to 150. There are very few regs that don't have this capability anymore, but you should be fine as long as you stick to the Hyper II, CP, Sidewinder, 2-Liter, Max-Flo, or anything else of at least decent quality.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 10:38pm

I know what I meant. It's not worth explaining until he asks a more specific question.

But I will explain what I meant, just to clarify things.

If you need to ask this question, you don't know that the HPR will drop more or less any input to the gun's operating pressure. My logic is, is that if you don't know what an HPR is you aren't well prepared to deal with the other intricacies of a gun that is not a "plug and play" type of thing. With pretty much any high end gun, you wont need to get a tank that outputs the operating pressure, like a tippmann or a Spyder. The tank outputs 850, and the gun runs on 850 for Tippmanns and Spyders, but not with higher end stuff. the Rail, along with virtually all current "high enders" have an HPR that will regulate the tank output down to 150 psi or whatever it is. Because the HPR is there, it really does not matter what the tank output is, unlike Tippmanns and Spyders. The only time you should ever be concerned with what your tank output pressure is is with any Angel after the ir3. These need LP, unless you have an aftermarket reg. Some 05 Speeds and other cartridge style models can run HP, but it is always better to run them on LP unless you get an aftermarket HPR. This is not the case with any other high end gun, so just plug it in and adjust your HPR until you can chrono correctly.

Something like that. 

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 03 February 2007 at 10:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic