Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

drop forward or no?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $400 98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drop forward or no?
    Posted: 14 February 2007 at 10:08am
last weekend i was playing some sno-ball and i noticed that i was having some issues with my stock and the co2 tank.  im wondering if i instal a drop forwards if that would put the tank off enough so that it wouldnt screw with my stock.  Any sugestions?
<giant sig = bad>
BACK TO THE USSR
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 12:26pm

When playing with a stock, I prefer a remote line. It makes the marker lighter and more maneuverable.

Edit: I noticed you have a r/t, the remote line will help with the r/t too. It will keep the internals from freezing up when you shoot fast. It will basically work as an expansion chamber.

Edited by whack-a-mole - 14 February 2007 at 12:31pm
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
$400 98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $400 98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 1:36pm
ive always wanted a remote, but i have nothing to put the tank in.  i also removed the front grip because i use the forearm so if i instal an expansion chamber, that would help as well

Edited by $400 98custom - 14 February 2007 at 1:36pm
<giant sig = bad>
BACK TO THE USSR
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 3:56pm
A drop will help balance your gun. Most people, including myself, prefer using a remote line when using a stock. Try using a fanny pack to carry your tank in if you dont want to spend a whole lot on a tank pouch/harness.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 6:24pm
Drop=better for old-school large tanks to re-center the balance on your marker.

If you're using a stock, I'd suggest going remote to make the marker lighter and less bulky. Harnesses can be found for cheap on MCB or E-bay that have remote pouches.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2007 at 7:18pm

You can get a package on ebay and get a remote and a pouch toghether for cheap.

I think you should get a remote for sure!

Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 3:03pm
the question becomes, how far will have you to drop your tank to balance your marker, and to move it out of the way... Will a drop make my marker harder to hold, and some really big drops can get in th way of x-chambers that are installed onto the front grip, so you have a choice, abit one of preference...

personally i am going the drop forward route, because i only plan on using a small 12oz co2 tank, if you use a bigger and heavier tank having a big drop to move it out of the way of the stock could make the gun nose-heavy or interfere with your x-chamber, again depending on your setup

ive seen pictures of a Ben tippmann that had the co2 tank screwed directly to the x-chamber which was attached the front grip, and the tank didn't extend past the rear grip. something like that might be for you, however im not sure if the parts to do that are still available...

well i hope that helped somewhat...
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
$400 98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $400 98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 3:55pm
well il see what i can find for remotes

Edited by $400 98custom - 15 February 2007 at 3:55pm
<giant sig = bad>
BACK TO THE USSR
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Black_Shadow Black_Shadow wrote:

ive seen pictures of a Ben tippmann that had the co2 tank screwed directly to the x-chamber which was attached the front grip, and the tank didn't extend past the rear grip. something like that might be for you, however im not sure if the parts to do that are still available...well i hope that helped somewhat...

I think it was ACI that made those x-chambers. They worked pretty well, but made the marker front-heavy.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic