Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball Shotgun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball Shotgun
    Posted: 02 March 2007 at 12:01am
Well, everyone said it couldn't be done...well me and my friends have done it we have officially created a paintball gun that fires a spread and we will be posting a video soon.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 12:05am

Aren't you the dweeb that posted a "fix me" thread about your broken Xbox?

woodsballman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 4:07pm

i want to see a video. until then i dont belive you.

tippmann custom pro
E-trigger
cyclone feeder
21" core barrel
or 11" stock barrel
20 and 9 oz co2 tanks
or Brass Eagle Talon Ghost
with copperhead red dot scope
and a wooden stock
KillerBD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerBD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 5:54pm
My bro brought up an idea for a paintball shotgun awhile back. It would actually make the paint spread. All you would need to do is have criss-crossed razor blades implanted at the end of a barrel that would cut the paintball at the end and spray the paint. It would have very short range I would imagine, but would work kinda like buckshot. Although I personnaly think the idea of a paintball shotgun is kinda pointless...
Tippmann A-5:
>Tapco CAR stock.
>W.A.S. board, E-grip.
>Spyder Remote Line.
>Smart Parts 20" barrel.
>Other custom mods.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 11:20pm
Well, with the way we set it up it fires about 10 paintballs and follow the guidelines of the shoutgun at about every foot the paintballs spread another inch. I am hoping to get the video up either tomorrow or the next day but tomorrow my day is going to be kind of hectict so I don't know if it will happen.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 11:43pm
I have always thought of just putting a rod or something in front of the barrel. It is just pointless because you would have to be really close to have a call that is not spray.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 3:12pm
Air cannon with paintball sabot?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Air cannon with paintball sabot?

Sabot?

But yes, it is an air canon that we are getting a reg for so that you can use it on the field that loads multiple paintballs at a time and fires them at once.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 7:13pm
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by KillerBD KillerBD wrote:

All you would need to do is have criss-crossed razor blades implanted at the end of a barrel that would cut the paintball at the end and spray the paint

Shell bits would clog up the barrel in seconds, I would think and those razors wouldn't last very long either.  And I'd hate to have clean my barrel of random razor pieces!

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 5:55pm
Haha, the good ol' paintball shotgun idea.  Me my friends always talked about making one.  So one of my friends did one day.  What we he did, was took a potato gun, with a pvc pipe, shoved paintballs down into it, then cut out a circle of foam to fit into it, and shot it.  he said it spread out and worked, but it wouldnt haev worked in a game becuase he filled it up off of kerosene from a grill.  Plus we didn't know the FPS those balls were traveling at.  Who knows, those suckers coulda really packed a punch.  I doubt it tho.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 9:59pm
Ok, like I said earlier times have been very hectic lately I had drumline practice and trap shooting yesterday and today I had a drumline concert and a bunch of chores to do out of the house. I also haven't had the gun in my possesion so hopefully I will get the vid up on youtube soon.
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 5:58pm
Pic or Shens... Come on already.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Langside Langside wrote:

Pic or Shens... Come on already.

Ok, I can post a vid here but it isn't of it shooting paintballs because I still don't have the vid up on youtube so I will put up a vid but I will post a new one as soon as i get a chance.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S3Zbiq81ikk

Also my hyper link button  is not working so I apologize I also have to apologize for vid quality they were all taken with camera cell phones at night and my friends aparently don't know how to take a video.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 1:15am
I am extremely unimpressed by that.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

I am extremely unimpressed by that.

Why do you say this, it is an air powered gun shooting a nail through a four ply piece of chip board. This also obviously is not the shot gun but, it is almost exactly the same because this is what we based it off of.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 11:10pm
I don't see how that thing is a "paintball shotgun."
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 11:20pm
Why do you say this, it is an air powered gun shooting a nail through a four ply piece of chip board. This also obviously is not the shot gun but, it is almost exactly the same because this is what we based it off of.

WHAT_I_SAID^^^^^

I don't see how that thing is a "paintball shotgun."

WHAT_YOU_SAID^^^^^
WHAT_I_HAVE_TO_SAY\/\/\/\/\/

READ!

Now if you would have read you would have known that this is what we based the paintball shotgun off of, never did I say here is my paintball shotgun when posting this video.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 11:23pm

I have lost all faith in what you have to say, so I don't even try anymore.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 11:33pm

I have lost all faith in what you have to say, so I don't even try anymore.

Ok well, I will show you the video asap but at the moment I can not control how fast my friend puts the video that he took which is in better light up on youtube.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic