Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The best all around gun hand down.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What is the absolute best gun for all around speedball?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [0.43%]
4 [1.72%]
216 [92.70%]
2 [0.86%]
10 [4.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Has trouble distinguishing between sexes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best all around gun hand down.
    Posted: 23 March 2007 at 6:42pm

Thank for the always appreciated humor on my avatar. Nice to see how close to detail you guys pay.  Aside from that, no offence to the newbies because I'm one of them, but I would like some of the experienced players on the forum to give  their opinons  on this poll. And if need be make some more suggestions. Thanks GUYS for the big help.

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 7:09pm

Most of the "top-end" guns fall into one of the following categories.  As between these, it may be mostly a matter of personal preference and minor differences - they all shoot very well.

- Matrix of various kinds, including the DM series

- Shockers

- Angels

- Intimidators

- Ego

- E-Cockers

- Some Automags

- AKA guns (Viking/Excalibur)

I may have missed one or two, but that's about it.  There are a few top-quality specialty/rare guns out there, and a whole bunch of really-good-but-generally-not-as-good-as-these guns.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 7:11pm
Of the ones listed, I have to go DYE because I cannot consciously go with any SP product anymore. Not to mention the fact that I'm not a HUGE fan of plastic on the field, but that's what they made the epiphany for.

Anyway, that said, if money isn't an object, you can still do better than the ones listed. AKA made some very nice markers that you can pick up used (or new if you don't mind an '04 model) and MacDev makes the Cyborg series of markers which are pretty much phenomenal. I love 'cockers myself, but they aren't for everyone and the costs CAN get rather high if you want to turn it into a tournament machine.

I'm shooting a DMLCD right now, which is one of the older Dye Matrix markers (the first actually) and it keeps up with most of the big-boys on the field with a few modifications and drop-ins. Mind you, it's heavy and a gas-hog, but the DM6s and 7s I've shot recently have been rather nice. I'm not a big fan of the milling, but there isn't a lot you can do when you need marker-length air-channels to operated the whole system, not like you can cut a bunch of holes in it. I also like the '07 Ego, but haven't had a chance to do more than put paint/reball through it at the local shop.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
b_mid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_mid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 7:57pm
I go with dye also.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 8:13pm
Terrible poll.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 8:23pm

Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Terrible poll.

Agreed.

I would go with an E-Cocker or an Angel G7.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2007 at 11:47pm

I hate shockers for some reason...

6 posts, 2 votes.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:18am
Phantom 45 VSC.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 2:00am
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Phantom 45 VSC.

fo' show!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Phantom 45 VSC.

Sure sure, leave it to us Electro boys to lay down a case so you can get close enough to pop the guy in the back of the head with that VSC....

You bring that thing to Nam and it's "No Steak for YOU! One YEAR!"

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2007 at 5:08pm
Tippmann 98 Custom with the works (E-Bolt, reg, fancy trigger, NNs stuff)
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 1:06am

Horrible poll.

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Tippmann 98 Custom with the works (E-Bolt, reg, fancy trigger, NNs stuff)

Out of all the possible choices, what a poor suggestion... dumb choice.

Edited by Commander_Cool - 25 March 2007 at 1:07am
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
newzealand kiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newzealand kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 10:10pm
It seems there's the spray and pray kinda markers and players, and then there's the sniper kinda one shot 1 kill kinda warrior's either way any guns a good gun as long as you get to shoot people 

Edited by newzealand kiwi - 25 March 2007 at 10:59pm
What to do? View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 4/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What to do? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Most of the "top-end" guns fall into one of the following categories.  As between these, it may be mostly a matter of personal preference and minor differences - they all shoot very well.

- Matrix of various kinds, including the DM series

- Shockers

- Angels

- Intimidators

- Ego

- E-Cockers

- Some Automags

- AKA guns (Viking/Excalibur)

I may have missed one or two, but that's about it.  There are a few top-quality specialty/rare guns out there, and a whole bunch of really-good-but-generally-not-as-good-as-these guns.

ya you missed pump guns...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:44pm

Originally posted by newzealand kiwi newzealand kiwi wrote:

It seems there's the spray and pray kinda markers and players, and then there's the sniper kinda one shot 1 kill kinda warrior's either way any guns a good gun as long as you get to shoot people 

Snipers don't exist in paintball.

Edited by Commander_Cool - 02 April 2007 at 8:51pm
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by What to do? What to do? wrote:

Yes, he didn't mention pump, but judging by the list that was put up, stock-class really isn't much of a concern where the original question was concerned. SC markers are nice, don't get me wrong, but the stories of of stock-class joe-blow taking out some pro with a new 07-ego/whathaveyou are just that.... stories. I like stock class, I've played a few games and enjoy it, but unless you are playing against guys using run-of-the-mill mechanical semis, or some kid who doesn't know how to use that EP marker that he has in his hands, you're going to get hosed unless you are extremely good at playing SC games. There's a very good reason that a lot of scenario teams are recruiting speedball players now. Your average decent speedballer with an electropneumatic (even an older one) can take and hold a position far more effectively than the average scenario player. The reason? Speed and fire-power. Blitzkrieg and Materialschlacht work very well in the paintball world.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by What to do? What to do? wrote:

Yes, he didn't mention pump, but judging by the list that was put up, stock-class really isn't much of a concern where the original question was concerned. SC markers are nice, don't get me wrong, but the stories of of stock-class joe-blow taking out some pro with a new 07-ego/whathaveyou are just that.... stories. I like stock class, I've played a few games and enjoy it, but unless you are playing against guys using run-of-the-mill mechanical semis, or some kid who doesn't know how to use that EP marker that he has in his hands, you're going to get hosed unless you are extremely good at playing SC games. There's a very good reason that a lot of scenario teams are recruiting speedball players now. Your average decent speedballer with an electropneumatic (even an older one) can take and hold a position far more effectively than the average scenario player. The reason? Speed and fire-power. Blitzkrieg and Materialschlacht work very well in the paintball world.

I agree whole heartedly, I've been making that case to people without avail.

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by GregL GregL wrote:

Thank for the always appreciated humor on my avatar. Nice to see how close to detail you guys pay.  Aside from that, no offence to the newbies because I'm one of them, but I would like some of the experienced players on the forum to give  their opinons  on this poll. And if need be make some more suggestions. Thanks GUYS for the big help.

woah your avatar... took me 3 tries, 4 days and minutes but... it's a dog
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Do too. Look here.*

*Sorry, couldn't resist.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Do too. Look here.*

*Sorry, couldn't resist.

*sigh*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic