FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NJ NAM ’07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NJ NAM ’07
    Posted: 14 June 2007 at 1:55am
I'm not sure actually, I have to see if he got that thing working. It seemed like the reg was messed up and it's been like that since day 1 so he may have to send it in for repairs. His nitro tank broke before the game started too so he had to buy a new one there. Lol, things were just not going his way that weekend. I got screwed out of using my nitro tank because it needed to get hydro tested and it didn't make it back in time. I got back to find out that the tank reg broke when they were testing it so now I have to replace that . I guess I was lucky that I only needed to replace the regulator and not the whole tank but that still sucks. It's funny you decided to stick to big games cause I came to the same decision not too long ago. Now that the local fields suck, it just doesn't make sense to play there anymore. I'm thinking about forming or joining a scenario team at some point too since organized groups are definitely the way to go at these games.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Simma Down!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 4:22pm
Yeah I hear ya mod. Top Guns a rip with paint and im tired of speedball as well. I gave up all my expensive guns to get an A5 so I could just play big games instead. Mod....is your buddy still having a problem with the Karnivor?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 9:11pm
Yeah, I'm probably gonna be broke by the end of the summer but I don't care, I don't get to enjoy myself enough during school. Between my car, paintball, and my computers my money just flies out of the bank though I got a slightly better job now so that should help. Have either of you gone to the games up at West Point? I went to a game there a few years ago and it wasn't terrible but there was definitely room for improvement. I may try to make one of their games this fall or next spring, I really want to start playing more often but I'm tired of speedball. The field I used to play at turned to crap during my break from the sport so I'm kind of screwed now since everywhere else is either speedball or they kill you with expensive field paint (*cough* top gun *cough*).

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 12:29pm
Nam might have been my only game of the year. Not sure if I'll do a fall game or not. Way too many expenses this summer, and not enough income.

Plus, I pretty much avoid Skirmish now. It's been over half a decade since I was there last... and I can't really say that I foresee myself returning.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 10:02am
Im not going to make it to D-Day. Maybe if they do a north vs south I may make that. Other than that between school and work I dont get to play much.

The trailer for the vid looks good. Im just hesitant about buying it because I probably wont see one person I know in it haha. Im still waiting for the pictures from the cameras we brought down there. Hopefully we can get them in a couple of weeks.

Arnie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 12:40am
Haha, I can't believe that, guess we did meet up afterall. 

I don't suppose you or Shorty plan on going to skirmish this summer for dday do you? If so, let me know cause I plan on making it this year. Last time I messed up my elbow during the week before the game so I couldn't make it but I plan on making up for that this time around.

Also, do you guys know if we can order the DVD of 'Nam online or did we have to sign up at the game? I'm curious to see what they caught on tape since I was lost in the jungle during half of the action, lol.

EDIT: Did a little searching on the pyro paintball forum and found a link, to buy the video from: Serenity Productions

Edited by mod98commando - 07 June 2007 at 12:49am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 4:07pm
Yeah,

That was me. Thats too funny. Shorty stopped by for a little on sunday morning while we were cooking breakfast and asked if I had seen you.

That really is funny.

Yeah, we started walking towards our command post and next thing I know none of you were around. We held up for a little but figured you guys went somewhere else or had something going on. We ended up being in the thick of it out by the US insertion point. We had a mobile mash and three medics in that area and pushed them so far back Doug told us to tell everyone else to stop pushing them back or pyro may penalize us for points. lol

Well, good meeting ya and next time well definatly hook up again.

Simma
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 3:21pm
LMAO, that's hilarious. Yeah, we had every intention of sticking with you but my friend's gun decided that the chrono limit didn't apply to timmy's and refused to shoot slower so he had to go swap guns. We were going to meet you out there but were too far behind. Was it you that was talking to us about the flashlight or was that a friend? 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:57am
LOL,

I was right next to you. Your group of guys asked us if we wanted to roll with them on Sunday because everyone was ditching them. We went with you guys but once we inserted we looked back and you guys were gone lol.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 2:50am
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

mod... that was my red van. Wrote on the window for the simple purpose of you finding us.

Lol. Well, now I have a car and a face to recognize next time so I should find you.

Originally posted by <span style=font-weight: normal; =bold>Simma Down!!</span> Simma Down!! wrote:

Mod 98 where were you camped out at? I was directly across from knight stalkers and shortys camp and right next to black ops.

I was almost directly across from Shorty's site, possibly even next to you, lol. We were a group of 5 medics one tent in from the far end, next to the guys who had an inferno of a campfire going on saturday night. I probably walked by you a thousand times and had no idea.

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 10:49am
Simma... we'll have to coordinate next year for adjacent campsites again.

mod... that was my red van. Wrote on the window for the simple purpose of you finding us.

Well... I guess you found us. Sorry we weren't around. I'm actually surprised I wasn't around. I think I probably spent more time off the field than on.

We'll catch up next year.

Had to miss final battle. I'm sure it rocked... but would've made for way too late a departure time for me.
I'm already battling NJ Shore return traffic... then Rehoboth/OC MD traffic on top of Dover Downs traffic after that. Nightmare.
Leaving early saved me from 2-3 hours of sitting in traffic.

Looking forward to Nam '08. Crossing my fingahs that it's not at the airport, and back at USANA.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 8:59am
Shorty,

That really stinks that you had to sit in that traffic. I got lucky with my ride home the GSP and AC expressway were not backed up at all. With the exception of the car riding my butt on the way home swerving off the parkway and going into the woods, and the pouring rain,it was a relatively easy ride home.

I'm definatly in for NAM 08. Pod eggs will be in effect (all are invited to have some) and hopefully this time I will remember some metal utensils.

As soon as I get the pictures Ill post em up.

Mod 98 where were you camped out at? I was directly across from knight stalkers and shortys camp and right next to black ops.

Edited by Simma Down!! - 05 June 2007 at 9:00am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 12:09am
Man, I think I saw you Shorty but you were gone by the time I had a chance to go over to you. I noticed a red van with OMHW/MOAB written in the dust on the window but nobody was there. Oh well, I'll probably go next year so I'll try to meet up with you then. Simma, I think I may have seen you in the field. I remember joining up with a big group and there was a guy with a white medic band on his arm. I was in all woodland digital camo and I used the A5 for the whole game. My entire group (5) ended up being medics so we were healing people like crazy. I got down to about 20 shots during one battle on day 2 and just stopped shooting to focus on healing people.

Day one was freakin rough to say the least. I learned the hard way that this field is not kind to those who stray from the main paths. I tried to flank the Americans with a small group early in the game but we ended up getting separated and almost completely lost. By the time I made contact with the enemy again I was so tired from fighting the woods that I just surrendered so I would have the energy to make the walk back. Once I got to the tent, I sat down and drank everything I could find. Shortly after that, the rest of my friends got back and did the exact same thing because they also got horribly lost out there. It took me a few hours to recover from that but I made it back out and stayed on the freakin paths from then on. Shorty, you should have stayed to the end, the final battle was absolutely freakin amazing. The Americans were right on top of our HQ and we ran them right back to their base and kept hammering them until the game was over.

I definitely plan on going to NJ Nam '08 though I may bring different people since a few of my friends decided they can't handle scenarios . For me, the first day was kind of crummy but the second day definitely made up for it. I think I may get a motel room next time though and just hang out at the camp grounds. I smelled so bad this weekend, lol. My car is still completely packed with stuff because I haven't had time to unload it between the crappy weather and work. Hopefully I'll be able to form a small team for next year and I'll track you guys down or at least make myself more noticeable. I would definitely like to see somebody make eggs with a 140rd pod, I can't even imagine how that would work, lol.

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 1:29pm
20 or so taken off the field with heat exhaustion.
2 taken away by ambulance.
Heat on Saturday was brutal... BUT... I blame those taken off more than the actual heat itself.

People should've paid more attention to staying hydrated.

Good to see our side won the game! I was off the field by 11am and on the road by 12:30 on Sunday. I was stuck in standstill traffic on the Capital Beltway by the time the game ended (if it ended on time). Sucks to have to leave so soon... but didn't want to deal with returning beach traffic.

Glad I was able to see you again. Next time around, you'll have to camp with us. Your cooking skills are impressive. I've never seen someone fry bacon using a plastic fork or make eggs with a 140rd pod with such masterful skill!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 11:56am
Shorty hit it on the head. The heat was the main problem with this event. Either way I had a great time both days. Good seeing you again shorty and sorry I couldnt meet up with anyone else, my phone died within an hour of getting there.

Just for those wondering.

The VC won by 50 points!

GI go home!!!!

Good game all.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 2:49pm
commando,

Everytime ive played with a 30% chance of showers or thunderstorms......it never rained. I think well be fine. Also its not calling for anything that will last all day. If yo look at the hourly forecasts its only for like 1 hours during the day. I think well be fine.

Look for me out on the field, Ill be dressed in all marpat with a medic armband (if all goes as planned).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 4:47am

Are you serious? I'd rather play in 100* weather than have t-storms. The rain is so annoying when you have a mask on. My god do stormy weekends suck for scenario games.

EDIT: What's the deal with the registration thing? I got delayed by paypal and couldn't attempt to register until today and the registration form isn't working. God, registration for this game is turning out to be a nightmare for me. Do they allow you to register by phone?

EDIT AGAIN: Well, despite the online registration being extremely buggy, I got it done so I'm officially registered for the VC. Also, weather update today from the weather channel says cloudy tomorrow and rain sunday so we'll at least have one good day.

Edited by mod98commando - 01 June 2007 at 10:43am

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 10:10pm
I'm less concerned about the thunderstorms than I am about 90+° with high humidity.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 3:42am
Anybody check the weather recently? Looks like rain and thunderstorms all weekend . I hope it gets really windy and the bad weather passes on thursday or friday so it's nice on game day.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Simma Down!! Simma Down!! wrote:

Sorry I was a little late in getting back to you. Hope you like the blackcell.

No biggie, wasn't a life or death matter . I hope I like it too, friggin thing cost a lot and I want to use it at NJ Nam. I have to go find some nice digital camo to match it though, I only have woodland and realtree stuff. The one you got is nice, looks like some of the ones I was considering before I found the blackcell. I mainly went with that because I like to change stuff around from time to time and it would suck to have a buttload of pockets when I only plan on carrying like a grenade and a radio. Also, I didn't realize that Specops is actually COPS911 (old name) so that's a little reassuring. I have a chest pack and a pistol holster from them and both are very well made. The chest pack is being replaced only because it doesn't like to stay put on me and I have nowhere to put my camelback with that thing. In any case, I'm dying to hit the field again since it's been well over a year since I last got to play. See you all there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic