Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Balisong Knives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

I used to be able to open one of those very fast in hs.

in HS I could operate a butterfly. these days though ill just stick to my assisted open.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 1:42am
Got the OK from the wife for one of these :

Edited by Kayback - 17 February 2014 at 1:49am
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 7:37am
< style="height: 0.2px; width:10px; display:block;" ="application/x-firefox-plg" id="xcbjoa">What is that?? That would awesome for my B.O.B.!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Got the OK from the wife for one of these :

Jebus! You planning to go all native on anyone that tries to break in?!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 1:13pm
American Kami axe. It sells for around $550. They used to have a version with the bearded front blade and the rear a hammer. That looked like a really useful tool, but they don't seem to offer that any more.

KBK
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 3:12pm
< style="height: 0.2px; width:10px; display:block;" ="application/x-firefox-plg" id="xcbjoa">I guess I will just have to make one...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 8:45pm
Let us know how it cuts, Kayback. I see so many of these awesome looking axes that end up being crap to actually chop with.
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

Let us know how it cuts, Kayback. I see so many of these awesome looking axes that end up being crap to actually chop with.

Will do. With the $-R exchange rate, getting the OK from the wife is easier than getting the finances though.

KBK
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2014 at 11:43am

Gransfors bruks hunting axe, picked er up last weekend at the sportsman show. Nice thin grind
should help with limbing and chopping down pieces. 19" So it'll fit outside the pack cleanly, grooved handle for when the hands get wet while paddling around for more wood. She should be seeing decades of use, pretty stoked.
Also, not my pic.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 8:23pm
Kayback, that axe is badass. Little devil, I love the utilitarian nature of yours. I don't know why, but that post of yours made me want to go hiking kinda badly...

My balisong just came in. Maaaan this thing is smooth. And it's a mid-end knife at best. Getting used to cheap Chinese crap really makes me appreciate a decently built knife. I need a sheath or something for it now. It's okay in my pocket, but a bit cumbersome. Then again, it IS a butterfly knife...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic