Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

left handed marker (lefty’s only!!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: how much extra would you spend to buy a left handed paintball gun?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
27 [72.97%]
3 [8.11%]
2 [5.41%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [13.51%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninjasolid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: left handed marker (lefty’s only!!)
    Posted: 28 May 2007 at 6:45pm

ANSWER ONLY IF YOU ARE LEFT HANDED!!!!!!! (if your not left handed you will ruin the poll!)

i cant stand it when my hopper gets in my line of sight. I dont care what any one say's I HATE IT and i would actually spend alot of money on it to!! So come on all you leftys!! lets ban together and STAND UP for the left handed society. And for those of you left handers out their who dont really care if the hopper is on the right (i mean if you have really thought about it and it really does not matter to you), put zero on the poll and tell us why as long as you are a lefty!  

Understand my goal is to show if Tippmann should make left handed guns or not. it really does not matter if they put them on stock because i will get one some how!!!

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 7:11pm
You do know that Tippmann's and a few select Spyders amidst other extreme low ends have a feedneck that is not a centerfeed right?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:58pm

I shoot left and have never had a problem other than Cockers.  In fact I'll go so far as to say that an a-5 is better for lefties.

Contrary to what many believe a left hander should play the right side of the field which forces right hander to shoot left handed against you. 

Edited by Lightningbolt - 01 June 2007 at 11:46pm
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:29pm
I feel that left handed has an advantage as far as profile.

When a right hander tucks, the hopper will jut out the side(assuming they dont compensate), but a lefty the hopper is within the body.
wackiislandboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackiislandboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 9:30am

I like my x-7.  because of the low profile hopper and the fact that it does not get in the way ot the sights of the gun because it is flat on one side. 

I dont agree with the whole lefties should play the right side because it is quicker to move your sights to the right then to the left.

Tippmann x7 w/ no MODS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 5:14pm

Hmmm.  The field of fire for a left hander is centered on 9 to 12 o'clock.  I'm curious how you come to this conclusion.

OS is a lefty maybe he'll chime in.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 01 June 2007 at 5:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackiislandboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 9:59pm
Because if you are on the right side and hiding behind a bunker.  you would have to shoot over the right side of the bunker.  because if you shoot on the left side of the bunker you are exposing yourself to the whole left side of the playing field.  i dont know about you but if you are a lefty i would rather pop up on the left side of the bunker because i could stick my gun up first and have accurate fire.  (trust me i do it for a living)  but if anyone else has a different idea please enlighten me because i am new to the sport and absolutely had a blast the first time i went out and played.  i loved it soooo much i went and bought me a 300 dollar paintgun. hahaha
Tippmann x7 w/ no MODS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 11:32pm

You do it for a living and you're new to the sport?

Sounds to me like all you're doing is covering the tape line from the back.  In doing this you're not helping to cover the middle of the field as effectively as you could.

If you play the right tape you will be at the same disadvantage as a right hander countering you down the tape line(he must shoot left-handed).  From the right side, if you are playing angles across the field, which there should be alot more than just playing the tape and will be more helpful to your team, you will have an advantage over right handers because they have to shoot left-handed to counter you.

Give it a try

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackiislandboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 2:17am

I do it for a living because i am in the army.  not paintball for a living.

oh ok i see where you are going with this.  I will try it next time.  thanks for the info. 

Tippmann x7 w/ no MODS
Gunchicken View Drop Down

Guested 7-26

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunchicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2007 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by ninjasolid ninjasolid wrote:

ANSWER ONLY IF YOU ARE LEFT HANDED!!!!!!! (if your not left handed you will ruin the poll!)

i cant stand it when my hopper gets in my line of sight. I dont care what any one say's I HATE IT and i would actually spend alot of money on it to!! So come on all you leftys!! lets ban together and STAND UP for the left handed society. And for those of you left handers out their who dont really care if the hopper is on the right (i mean if you have really thought about it and it really does not matter to you), put zero on the poll and tell us why as long as you are a lefty!  

Understand my goal is to show if Tippmann should make left handed guns or not. it really does not matter if they put them on stock because i will get one some how!!!

ooops, my bad, lol
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 10:49am
I'm left handed, but this doesn't really apply to me, since I've been shooting righty, ever since I learned how to pull a trigger. Problem solved.
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'm left handed, but this doesn't really apply to me, since I've been shooting righty, ever since I learned how to pull a trigger. Problem solved.

Problem worse is more like it. You need to aim with your dominant eye.

I wouldn't spend any more then $10 for a lefty gun, i been shootin real guns since i was younger and some lefty guns are a hassle, easy to just shoot lefty with a righty gun especially in paintball you don't have to worry about hot brass hitting you.

Edited by Ghost-Rider - 01 July 2007 at 1:44pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 6:07pm
Wouldn't the logical thing to do be learn how to shoot with both hands like most paintballers?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 6:54pm
Easier said than done for nubs like us Jet P.  I shoot goofy-foot but it works for me.  I always trigger with my right hand whether I'm shooting left or right.  It's actually pretty fast to switch that way.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 9:47am

Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

Problem worse is more like it. You need to aim with your domiant eye.

Negative. Despite being left handed, I am right eye dominant, so 'Problem solved' still stands.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 2:32pm
I love you Reb. Just figured I should throw that out there.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

e-rok View Drop Down
3 strikes and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e-rok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 12:23am
ooooooooohhhhh. i posted and im a righty. but istill think it would be expencive as hell to have a lefty gun made. so learn to love your gun as is, and it will love you back
e-rok View Drop Down
3 strikes and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e-rok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 12:29am

since it seems to me i was totaly wrong i changed my post into an apology, when im wrong ill be the first to admit it so sorry you ppl r right

Edited by e-rok - 15 June 2007 at 12:52pm
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 11:17am
Originally posted by e-rok e-rok wrote:

and usfa you hurt my feelings by calling tippmanns extreme low end markers. especialy since you could poor a junk load into um and depending on your skills run with most others with "high end markers". what you shootin an angel, dye, smart parts huh? but your in the tippmann forum, high end gun makers dont have their own forums?

Will you please READ before posting? USAF said:

You do know that Tippmann's and a few select Spyders amidst other extreme low ends have a feedneck that is not a centerfeed right?

He is refering to other cheap guns without going into name specifics. However even if he flat out said "Tippmanns are low end guns" He'd be right...because Low End isn't an insult. Low/High end refers to the overall level of technology and engineering. A Tippmann is extremely well designed to work simply without a ton of tiny bits and pieces. Thus Tippmanns are low end markers.

And if anyone is in a position to call a gun high or low end it would be him...as he works for Tippmann.

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 11:25am

Negative. Despite being left handed, I am right eye dominant, so 'Problem solved' still stands.

Same here.  Left-handed, right-eyed.  Shoot rifles (and bows) right-handed.  Pistols confuse me.

To OP:  In addition to vertical feed guns, there used to be a variety of guns that had left feeds, and you could use those old bodies.  Old powerfeed-left bodies for Automags, for instance, would work with newer valves, giving you a left-handed fancy new Automag.

Edited by Rambino - 15 June 2007 at 11:26am
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic