Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 qwestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 qwestion
    Posted: 21 July 2007 at 5:52pm

hey i just got my gun and I'm not sure if I can ask this without getting completely ownd but can you play speedball with an A-5?

I heard someone say it  but I was wondering if anyone has tried it

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

shadow4747 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow4747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2007 at 7:34pm
Yea easily. Might want a few upgrades if its right out of the box but you should be fine as it is.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2007 at 8:00pm
You can.  There are better choices, but you definitly can.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2007 at 8:55pm

The A5 is great for speedball. If you get into higher end torunys and stuff you will want to replace it eventually though.

Heck, people play speedball with Phantoms. Which are pump guns with ten round feeds and 12 gram CO2s

Edited by SSOK - 21 July 2007 at 8:56pm
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 1:03am

^^Yah but everyone uses pumps in the game if that's the case^^

ok yah i probably would get some ups like bigger hopper, etc.

I wouldn't play very often though like 5% of the time

Edited by scrumsguy - 22 July 2007 at 2:25pm

p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 9:30am

stick to the left side bunker, i hope you can switch hands because going on the left side is the only thing thats going to help hide that hopper, there are better choices for a marker though...

Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 12:19pm
You can play speedball with anything. I play it with my 98C and it works great. It has the slight disadvantage of being a little heavier then speedball-specific guns. And until recently was only semi-automatic. However the gun still shoots paintballs out that break on the target, and that is all you need to play.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by p_p_b_h p_p_b_h wrote:

stick to the left side bunker, i hope you can switch hands because going on the left side is the only thing thats going to help hide that hopper, there are better choices for a marker though...

yah I can switch hands but I need more pactice, like always

mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 10:05pm
I've never had a problem playing speedball tournaments with my A5. I've also played speedball countless times with my 98 or my other guns (all tippmann). Want a real rush? Try playing a big speedball game using a pump . After I got my SL-68II I decided to try it out for a day and I ended up joining a big speedball game with a bunch of guys shooting anything from spyders to high-end electros. It was extremely fun and I actually put up quite a fight despite seriously lacking firepower.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 12:24am
You don't need a bigger hopper. If you want to stick with an A5 on the speedball field, consider an e-grip, and new cyclone internals. HPA will also help the marker be more consistent.
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 10:19pm
I don't need any assistance I can shoot 30 BPS without no electronic bateryized gizmo wacado to make me shoot fast

Snake_98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake_98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 11:26am
Sorry dude im really gonna need you to elaboriate on your ability to shot 30bps on an a-5 with out some sort of firepower upgrade?...I seem to recall the a-5 topin' out at like 14bps(I may be wrong but it cant be much higher if at all) not tryin to be mean here but that would take some SERIOUS skill to trigger walk a single trigger that fast. 
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 10:27pm
I was KIDDDDDING!, WOOOOOOOW your smart can't you find the sarcazm and like I said 30 bps without any trigger upgrade

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 11:12pm
I hear there's a good Sarcasm Detector repair shop around here, you may want to check it out Snake_98. 

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 1:50am
You can play speedball with any marker. Just some markers make playing speedball alot less difficult.
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2007 at 5:14am

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

I hear there's a good Sarcasm Detector repair shop around here, you may want to check it out Snake_98. 

lol don't we love to hate non sarcasitc people

I like this forum sooo much better than XtremePaintballCanda Vancouver everyones so uptight and their all speedballers

we should  all go someplace like central states maybe where TippmannParts it located and play a game together it would be awsome!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 10:53pm
That would be a crazy event but I doubt I'd be able to afford that trip.

Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 10:58pm
Question.

And yes you can play speed ball with it,my 98 owns the high end guns,but maybe i'm just good.
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 1:57am

Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

Question.

It was late and I suck at spelling

Roweazie View Drop Down
strike 2, Inapropiate Picture 10-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2007 at 7:14am
I play speedball with my A-5, and i've never had any problem with it.  Its just a matter of skill's and communication w/the team, is the #1 key in the game of speedball.

Edited by Roweazie - 06 August 2007 at 8:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic