Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C02 tank removel out of control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3vensteven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C02 tank removel out of control
    Posted: 22 July 2007 at 4:14pm
I have a 98c and so do i couple of my buddies. Now i know that the C02 leaks when removed, but mine goes crazy. The C02 leaks very quick and a large gas cloud forms. It hisses extremely loud and towards the end makes a loud pop. The o-ring always breaks, and it always scares the crap out of everybody who's around. I tried dry firing when removing and uncocking. Nothing works. It even was doing this before i got my expansion chamber.

Can someone tell me whats wrong with my gun

98c
expansion chamber
polished insides
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 9:59pm

Bad reg?

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 10:42pm
You can always get a new ASA where there is a hole on it that lets the tank bleed out so you don't have to fire the gun. It also saves o-rings very well.
3vensteven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3vensteven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 9:17am
TY. Im prob going to go to my local paintball store to see what they say
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 12:26am
You should be able to unscrew the tank a little, fire the gun until it uncocks itself, and then remove the tank without any air escaping the ASA. It takes a little while to find that spot where the tank valve closes before it's unscrewed enough to let the air out but after a while it gets easier. Before I switched to nitro I had to do it so many times that I rarely ever froze an o-ring. I would just practice that before buying anything (o-rings are cheap). If it turns out that you just can't get it or your tank is special, go for the new ASA.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2007 at 6:46pm
Yup, you just need to get better at removing the tank the proper way. Usually unscrew about half a turn, dry fire a bunch of times, and it should run dry in 5 or 6 shots. If not, turn it a bit more. Just do it slowly so when it starts hissing, just rip off a few dry shots and its done.
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:39am
As pointed out all that is user error. Empty out all your ammo and fire in a safe direction several times to be sure nothing is left. Unscrew the tank in half-turn increments and fire the gun a few times each turn. do this slowly and you'll find the spot where it starts to re-seal itself. Your marker will eventually sputter as it runs out of air in the gun, when that happens finish taking the tank off. The re-cock it and fire it once or twice as your expansion chamber could have more air in it.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic