Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silent Hopper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent Hopper
    Posted: 10 August 2007 at 10:52pm
Hey i was just wondering is there any hopper thats silent so ur paintballs dont make any noise or is there any way to silence a hopper? just wondering, thanx

Edited by jesseat956 - 10 August 2007 at 10:53pm
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:00pm

line the inside with bubble wrap

naw but do u mean silence the paintballs from rattling. or an electric hopper from the feed noise?

jesseat956 View Drop Down
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:03pm
no just a reg hopper but will that work? lol jk but seriously would u know how?

Edited by jesseat956 - 10 August 2007 at 11:03pm
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:19pm
I dont think you could keep the balls from rattling, but you could probably put something on the outside of your hopper to absorb the sound.
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:24pm
oh thats cool but like what?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:38pm

I can't think of anything that you could put on your hopper that wouldn't make it huge. I think that pink styrofoam insulation would work, but you would probably want to shave it down. You can buy acoustic foam that might work. Honestly I can't think of many things that would silence your paintballs rattling.

Zippo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 11:45pm

go to a car audio store and look for somethign called dynamat if ur really that serious about it.

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 12:10am
will do, thanx
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 1:14pm
I take it you mean something along these lines?
Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseat956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 5:57pm
wow yea ive seen those b4 but yea  its not really 4 me right now bcuz im kinda broke but hey zippo 25

Originally posted by Zippo25 Zippo25 wrote:

go to a car audio store and look for somethign called dynamat if ur really that serious about it.

dude genius i went to go buy sum and it worked wonders i just opened the hopper and lined it up against the inside and you cant HEAR THE PAINTBALLS RATTELING dude awsome idea thanx
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippo25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 11:00pm
lol glad i could help

take care.
kalebd90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalebd90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:10pm
I know this was awhile back. But what kind of dynamat did you use? and have you found something that works better?
kalebd90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalebd90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by jesseat956 jesseat956 wrote:

wow yea ive seen those b4 but yea  its not really 4 me right now bcuz im kinda broke but hey zippo 25

Originally posted by Zippo25 Zippo25 wrote:

dude genius i went to go buy sum and it worked wonders i just opened the hopper and lined it up against the inside and you cant HEAR THE PAINTBALLS RATTELING dude awsome idea thanx

I know this was awhile back. But what kind of dynamat did you use and have you found anything since then thats better?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic