Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stock powertube A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesCurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock powertube A5
    Posted: 15 August 2007 at 11:13pm

Hey guys, I know the thought here is that the stock internals are fine.  I'm just going to tell you what happened with my stock internals.  two days after I got the gun I field stripped it to see what the insides were like.  The only problem I had was that the power tube was pretty much JAMMED in there.  I had to try pretty hard to dislodge it out of the housing. When it got out I noticed the rear side of it was notched pretty good with some material pointing outwards towards the housing. 

I decided to order the red hot bolt/powertube from jcs (I think jcs).  When I received the powertube I quickly disassembled the old setup again, and got to where you exchange the valve to the new powertube.  Well I ran into the problem again that it was stuck, needed a hammer and a solid object to remove it from the powertube, which might be normal I don't know, but the plastic around where the o-ring was looked like it had expanded in a ring right where the o-ring was situated. 

I got the valve out, proceeded to put the new valve into the jcs power tube, and didn't have any problems, it fit like i'd expect something with an o-ring to fit inside a housing.  I could press this one in and remove it with a pencil (erase end).  So i started re-assembling, but found that the red hot power tube fit in there a little more sloppily than the stock, it didn't have the guide to keep it in the right position.  Anyways I got it all back together (just installed a tippmann expansion chamber, 12" lapco bigshot, and the powertube) and i'm going to see how it works this weekend. 

I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences with the stock powertube.

Roweazie View Drop Down
strike 2, Inapropiate Picture 10-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 7:36am

When i replaced my power tube w/trinity power tube kit.  I had a lil hard time removing it, & putting them togerther.  Thats how it should be, but I've had the trinity power bolt for 5months now and i've never had any problem or broke any paintball.

If for some reason your marker start to chopping ball's, replace the front power tube w/the stock one.  The Red & Gold JCS power tube, are known for breaking balls  or popcorn.

Edited by Roweazie - 16 August 2007 at 7:37am
JamesCurtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesCurtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 11:52am
Thanks, if I start chopping balls i'll know what to look at first. The only time i've chopped a ball on this marker so far was when I handed it to my girlfriend and it mysteriously wouldn't fire, i shook it around a little, recocking and whatnot, and it finally fired/chopped. Long story short it's never done that again.

I'm hoping this weekend goes well with these new mods
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic