Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Sniper Barrel Label

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnPoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann Sniper Barrel Label
    Posted: 21 August 2007 at 10:23am
I just got a new Tippmann Sniper/Werks barrel for my A5 which has the red "Tippmann" lettering on it.  When the barrel is installed on the marker the lettering is upside down at a funky angle... it's really dorky looking.  I know it's not a big deal but is there any way to have it so the lettering it rightside up?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 11:15am
Don't screw it in so far?

Okay, now that I've dispensed with the mandatory wise-acre answer, I'll actually try to be helpful.  I'm not familiar with this barrel, but you could consider the following:

• Try installing a (very) thin o-ring at either end of the threads and putting the barrel back on the marker.
  • Wrapping (electrical/duct) tape around the barrel in various places to change the fit on the marker.
OnPoint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnPoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 3:34pm
Is it possible to install the barrel adapter that the barrel screws into so that it would be 180* from it's current position?  This is on an A5.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by OnPoint OnPoint wrote:

Is it possible to install the barrel adapter that the barrel screws into so that it would be 180* from it's current position?  This is on an A5.

Theoretically, yes.  Loosen the two front body bolts and the big bolt that holds the cyclone in place to make adapter removal easier.  Then pull it, flip it, and put it back in.

Additional information:  You can have a barrel in the adapter for stability (easier handling) if you want while doing this.  Also, those rubber gripping straps that are used for jar lids and rounded parts are very handy if the adapter is stuck or the barrel is to tight in the adapter.
pnlpaintballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnlpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 6:57pm
if the tippmann lettering is a sticker then just take it off flip it and put it back if not then i dont know any other solutions
~The best type of paintball is a broken type of paintball~

"SNIPER SLICK"
OnPoint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnPoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 10:41am

I was able to rotate the the barrel adapter 180*... worked out great.  Plus I got a chance to get a little oil on the barrel adapter o-ring which can't be a bad thing.  The lettering is one of those rubber/plastic raised stickers but it is placed in an indent in the barrel so switching sides would look a little wierd.  Problem solved.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic