OMG CCW!!11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Nuclear Nuclear wrote:

Originally posted by little devil little devil wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Ok, I've never had any problem with the ccw in comparison to not having a ccw.

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?

A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

Don't just be like : OMGZ BANG BANG

Wow...just wow...

This is what I meant in my long ass rant I posted a page earlier. You never pull a gun unless you're going to use it. Never.

And you for sure don't "put a round into the ground". If someone comes at you with a knife/and weapon, that's a situation where you make the on the spot judgement and make a firm decision. My belief has always been when the gun comes out, I pull the trigger. If I'm not sure the trigger needs to be pulled, the gun doesn't come out. Once you pull a gun with a case of indecision, you immediately endanger yourself and everyone around you.

In a high capacity pistol like mine, you have about 16 rounds. If someone takes that gun from you while you're making up your mind, you probably just died, and likely just killed a few other people, likely including officer.

little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:17pm

I noticed that this arguement has changed direction drastically. My origional point was that in Canada, I have no reason to carry a handgun on me and that makes me happy.
Same here, im glad i've never had to "defend myself" with a gun. What would have to happen for you to defend yourself with a gun? Get one pulled on you?

A clearly deranged person running at you with a crowbar or something of the likes or a knife.

But you don't just pull the gun and go bam, if you have time(you should make time) And you think they intend to hurt you, announce you have a gun, if they continue, show the gun, make sure you tell them you will use it, if it continues, maybe put a round into the ground, if they continue and are close, shoot them.

do u get people running at you with crowbars and knives all the time?
Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:13pm

BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Brutal
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places

small penis?

The desert eagle-the ultimate compensator.

BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).

when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.

I think if you bring a gun into bad areas you are asking for violence.
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

lol...it's a little offtrack. To your original point-I feel no less safe without a handgun. It's a right that I defend, but one that I'll rarely excercise. There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places (read:most).

when your in downtown Detroit, you want a gun.Same goes for up north and such, personally i wouldn't carry everyday all overt with me, only if i planned to go somewhere, i don't think its really smart to ALWAYS carry.

I've been all through Detroit, and no...I don't feel like I need a gun, because I don't let overgeneralizations scare me.

Having been through there is not enough, you have to have lived in the area, and know the place, a lot of people think its overrated for crime, but its not. Especially at night.
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:09pm

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:08pm

Edited by Dune - 06 September 2007 at 5:09pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:08pm

There is little reason to carry a handgun on you in most places

small penis?
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:08pm

Yes the gun was basically made to kill, but some guns are made strictly for target shooting.

In reality they're modified to suit their purpose. But every competition gun is a killing tool in disguise.

Think of it like cars built for racing-they may not even be road legal, but deep down inside, they have seats, pedals, and a steering wheel. They're still built to drive.

Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:07pm

Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:05pm

I'd like to address something-

The NRA pretty much made the term "Guns don't kill people, people kill people famous", but that's really just nitpicking terms. Guns are used to kill people every day on mass basis around the world. I love guns, and I'll argue for my (and any law-abiding citizen's) ability to own one. But you can't deny that guns are the weapon of choice for murder and accidental death around here. You may buy a Glock, Springfield, Sig, Beretta, HK, Colt, whatever, to shoot or own for funsies, but you should always bear in mind that gun was designed, produced, built, tested, and sold, with the intention of killing something.

There are only two uses for a gun-personal enjoyment, or killing. You're either collecting/shooting guns, or you're killing people. We have to keep that in mind in these discussions.

Yes the gun was basically made to kill, but some guns are made strictly for target shooting.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:05pm

Nuclear View Drop Down
Guested 9/6 Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by BradNowell BradNowell wrote:

Yes that was sarcasm, obtaining a handgun is not easy.

ive noticed that every topic you post in you try to be funny or witty or something. You fail almost every time and when someone calls you out on it you pull the same sarcasm excuse.

But on he subject of guns, i believe that guns dont kill people, stupid people kill people.

That was not supposed to be funny sarcasm.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:03pm

I'd like to address something-

The NRA pretty much made the term "Guns don't kill people, people kill people famous", but that's really just nitpicking terms. Guns are used to kill people every day on mass basis around the world. I love guns, and I'll argue for my (and any law-abiding citizen's) ability to own one. But you can't deny that guns are the weapon of choice for murder and accidental death around here. You may buy a Glock, Springfield, Sig, Beretta, HK, Colt, whatever, to shoot or own for funsies, but you should always bear in mind that gun was designed, produced, built, tested, and sold, with the intention of killing something.

There are only two uses for a gun-personal enjoyment, or killing. You're either collecting/shooting guns, or you're killing people. We have to keep that in mind in these discussions.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:02pm

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:00pm

I think theres one big misconception to having a CCW, if someone does something like say their going to hit you or something, you can't just pull a gun and blast them.Even if you did the right thing and rightfully shot someone, you would have some serious court visits coming up.

And there is a misconception that everyone with a CCW can shoot in a perfectly reasonable situation, under pressure, accurately with a civilian backdrop. Boy, police officers need to attend that one day CCW class that is offered around here if that's what you learn. Fact is, there isn't enough training in CCW classes to make me feel easier about general public carrying hand guns. Beef up the program, then we'll talk.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Silent Silent wrote:

A gun is not dangerous. Only the person carrying it is.
What about a zip-gun or a Japanese Nambu pistol? Those are pretty dangerous.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Silent Silent wrote:

A gun is not dangerous. Only the person carrying it is.

but the gun allows them to be dangerous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic