Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippman A-5 with e-grip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acid Swine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippman A-5 with e-grip
    Posted: 16 September 2007 at 5:00pm
So, I recently got a egrip for my A5, and it's kind of screwy. The first thing i did when i went pb'ing today was set it on 3 shot burst, and went to the target range, once i hit three shots for everyone one pull of the trigger, it didn't work. There would be three actual shots from the gun, as in I hear it fire three times, but only one ball would come out.

It was the same thing for the other sets, once I started using them (ramping/turbo) it just didnt fire anything.

The other thing is that I could only get through about 2 and a half hoppers of paint before I ran out of CO2 (i have a 20oz tank) I don't know if that is with the grip, or because some new person who was learning to fill tanks filled my gun (although I shot through multiple tanks) or that my remote blew, and i was using the tank for the first time directly on my gun.

Thanks for any help

Edit: I was just looking around the forums at some other issues about "boards" inside these things, If anyone can explain to me what they are, it would really help (From what I can tell I have a W.A.S. Equalizer Board, at least that is what it says on the package of the e-grip)

Edit 2: Once again, I was looking around the forums and I came to a post that said their A-5 was locking up/not firing when shot full auto, they said to get HPA, I'm thinking that that may be the way to go, but any help would be awesome still

Edited by Acid Swine - 16 September 2007 at 5:50pm
Roweazie View Drop Down
strike 2, Inapropiate Picture 10-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 9:19am

Originally posted by Acid Swine Acid Swine wrote:

So, I recently got a egrip for my A5, and it's kind of screwy. The first thing i did when i went pb'ing today was set it on 3 shot burst, and went to the target range, once i hit three shots for everyone one pull of the trigger, it didn't work. There would be three actual shots from the gun, as in I hear it fire three times, but only one ball would come out.

It was the same thing for the other sets, once I started using them (ramping/turbo) it just didnt fire anything.

The other thing is that I could only get through about 2 and a half hoppers of paint before I ran out of CO2 (i have a 20oz tank) I don't know if that is with the grip, or because some new person who was learning to fill tanks filled my gun (although I shot through multiple tanks) or that my remote blew, and i was using the tank for the first time directly on my gun.

Thanks for any help

Majority of the time, its because of low air pressure.  You can still hear firing but w/no paintball.  It doesnt have enough pressure to cycle the cylone feeder.

Other thing: Do not over screw the "sprocket screw".

Roweazie View Drop Down
strike 2, Inapropiate Picture 10-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 9:21am

Originally posted by Acid Swine Acid Swine wrote:

Edit: I was just looking around the forums at some other issues about "boards" inside these things, If anyone can explain to me what they are, it would really help (From what I can tell I have a W.A.S. Equalizer Board, at least that is what it says on the package of the e-grip)

Edit 2: Once again, I was looking around the forums and I came to a post that said their A-5 was locking up/not firing when shot full auto, they said to get HPA, I'm thinking that that may be the way to go, but any help would be awesome still

All the things you need to know about your W.A.S. Board.

http://www.tippmann.com/pdfs/manuals/WAS_Equalizer_Supplemen t_Manuals.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic