Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Breaking Balls like mad!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapdmms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Breaking Balls like mad!
    Posted: 06 November 2007 at 2:30pm
I have had my A5 for almost a year and continually break balls in the barrel.  No matter what barrel I use (stock, flatline, Stiffi).  I played this weekend and broke at least one out of every 10 balls.  It was a brand new case of Pevs paint.  I then tried a brand new case of marbalizers and then some Anarchy balls someone had.  It didn't matter what paint it was.  I chronoed several times that day and was consistently between 280 -285.  The temps were in the mid to high 60's.  Any ideas before I trash this piece of crap and sell out and get an electronic gun?  Any help is appreciated.  I did read the post below, not much help there since I tried several different balls.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 4:01pm
If your rounds are breaking IN the barrel, it isn't the marker's fault. Are you sure that your ratchet on the cyclone feeder isn't broken or damaged? do your barrels have any burrs in them that might cause a round to break? And how are you storing your paint when not in use?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Jason Doering View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Doering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 4:16pm

Im thinking its your ratchet.....check to see if its warn. and i cant think of any thing else maybe the ball latch is in backwards..i dought it but take a look.

Good luck finding the problem.

aapdmms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapdmms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 8:45am
I would love to be able to blame it on the balls, but they were all brand new.  The case of marbalizers came in on a shipment on Thursday and I picked them up Sat. Morning.  I thought about the burr in the barrel, but it happens with 3 differenct barrels.  I am going to drop it off at the shop and have them check it out.  Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2007 at 8:58am
yeah, that's a pretty tough one to diagnose without having the marker in front of me. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
GBLoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBLoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 11:35pm

What modifications do you have on the marker.  E-grip, response, etc?

tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 11:43pm
well if the balls all broke in three different barrels, i would say that's not the problem. my best guess is ratchet...
genralrburns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genralrburns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 5:14pm
yes i would also check the ratchet and the ball detent as well.
Genral R Burns
Meg@tr0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meg@tr0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 6:22pm
turn your gun upside down and look at the bottom plate of the cyclone feed, if there is not a letter "A" stamped on it then your problem is the ratchet.....good news is tippmann will send you the replacement parts for free.....if there is an "A", then it is something else....what fps are you chronoing at?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 4:58am
Take a look at the broken paint, is it all in your barrel, or is it in your breech?

Barrel means crap paint, or velocity is too high.

Bolt area means that you're chopping. Just clean and lube the whole workings first though.

*edit* Also, classic mistake, make sure your detent isn't in backwards.

Edited by The Guy - 27 November 2007 at 4:59am
Tang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 9:06am
you should also check the bolt for any burs as well
smg-60
sl-68
68 special
A-5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic