Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

College Paintball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitch92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College Paintball
    Posted: 09 November 2007 at 9:00pm
Just wondering if any of you have played college paintball before.  I looked on their website and it looked mostly speedball.  Do they have any woodsball teams out there?

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 11:11pm
Nope, the NCPA plays PSP/NXL rules mainly on mirrored inflatable fields. Occasionally you'll get a game or two in a wooded setting, but seeing as how that can lend advantage, they try to keep away from it.

I played the West Point Invitational a game hosted at Drexel, and a few games out in the mid-west, all of them were held on speedball fields using either the older sup-air continuous delivery systems or on Ultimate Airball fields. It'd be very tough to convince the athletics departments of most schools to part with the money required to keep a team going if they thought it was a bunch of yahoos running around in the woods.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 9:10am
We have a club at Gannon that tends to play speedball, but I've talked to the co-founders and they said they're more than happy to turn their guns down and play in the woods. I haven't played with them yet though.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic