Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barrel or board? w/ some questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureTippOwner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barrel or board? w/ some questions
    Posted: 21 January 2008 at 2:49pm
I was wondering which I should get first for my mini when i get the money: A tadao board or a stiffi switch blue mamba barrel? Also with the switch barrel, i will need a sizing breach right? And what sizing breach should i get?? I live in CT / Maine, so hot weather isn't much of an issue. And what are your opinions on the tadao boards?
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 3:28pm

how accurate is the stock barrel?  If its not very acurate you should prolly upgrade the barrel first.  Also why Stiffi?  They are a good barrel but most of the ones I have seen are pricey.

Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 4:03pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 5:11pm
i wasnt gonna say anything lol
FutureTippOwner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureTippOwner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:24pm
The stock barrel is fairly accurate...What other barrels would u recommend thejudge? I just like the lightness of the St!ffi and I also like the design.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 7:36pm
Well since its autococker threaded I would recomend my favorite barrel which is J&J.  I have never heald a stiffi so I am not sure of the weight difference but Mine is pretty light (then again I put it on an A5 so I probably wouldnt notice the difference as much as you).  There is also the lapco barrels.  I usually recommend those simply because of price and great performance especially for the price.  you may be able to buy both the board and the barrel if you spent that amount.
TheWarHam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWarHam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:09pm
I think your first upgrade should be a bag of paint, because you just bought a 400 dollar Mini and there is no need to upgrade it. The barrel and board are excellent.

..Dont fix it if it aint broken...
Indeedly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureTippOwner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by TheWarHam TheWarHam wrote:

just bought a 400 dollar Mini 

300 at local shop

TheWarHam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWarHam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 8:35pm
I didnt say you paid 300, I said it is a 400 dollar gun. Invert originally marketed this gun at 400.

No needs for an upgrade to me.
Indeedly
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 4:34pm
I have another question on here.  Which is better the APE board or the Tadao?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureTippOwner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 6:47pm
From what I've read, the APE board has a lot more customization, and I the APE can also be a lot more confusing, but if you just sit down and get all your settings it will store up to 5 different memory banks. I never used them though.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:25pm
Ehhh.... boards aren't really necessary these days with most stock markers. Boards really only came into play with the older markers like the early DMs and Early E-Cockers as the stock boards usually only ran semi mode with an eye logic that could be turned on or off. After the debacle that Smart Parts faced with their Shocker boards having "turbo" modes which essentially got them banned from a lot of tournament series in the late 90's, most other manufacturers didn't want to produce a marker where the board could come under question. Only with the advent of legal ramping in PSP NXL and Millennium series have stock boards had different modes included. Now, you get something that rips 15.5bps right out of the box if you set it to PSP (soon to be lowered to 13.3bps) an upgraded board is pretty much useless unless you plan on using full-auto modes for scenario games or whatnot.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 7:06pm
I really dont see the point of upgrading the board, if you want a new barrel the older dye stainless one pieces are nice, get some wedgits and away to the races.
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic