Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of Serenity Valley * July 20, 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle of Serenity Valley * July 20, 2008
    Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:38pm

Don "Badger" Grubish, with the help of the Minnesota Militia Paintball Team and Splat Tag, is proud to announce The Battle of Serenity Valley charity paintball event. The event is on July 20th, but registration is open now. Tippmann has promised a X-7 as a prize for pre-registered players only. You can even pick your side; Browncoats or the Alliance.

Players should know that all proceeds for this event
will go to help the Minnesota Military Families Foundation.
They are a Minnesota-based charitable organization dedicated to
help families of soldiers serving overseas fighting
the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan.

www.bsvscenariogame.com

MMPT Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:47pm

Oh, and one more thing...

You have a chance to win "Vera," the only suped up marker of its kind:

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 12:10am

Everyone,

The map is now uploaded to the Website for this game. You can view it at:

http://www.bsvscenariogame.com/pages/battle-plans-rules/game -map.php

Start making your battle plans now!

~Badger

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 12:29am

Generals for this game are:

Mustangman (Malcolm Reynolds)
Mustangman is a regular from MN down at Oklahoma D-Day with great leadership and tactical abilities. He knows the land and is currently amassing forces.

Spyder from Team Fugazi (The Operative)
Spyder came off a great win last year at the second annual CPX Windy City Classic and looks to add to his paintball resume as winner of this game. His dedication to field leadership is incredible.

Which side will you take? Preregister now at www.bsvscenariogame.com and do your part to bring harmony to the 'verse!!

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 11:01pm

Well, everyone, it's finally home with me.

Vera is fully paid off from the original maker/owner, and she's now safely with me. I'm the second to the last owner. The last owner is one of you. However, the only way you get a shot at winning Vera is to sign up for this game. Sign up at either my specific Web page:

www.bsvscenariogame.com

OR in person at CC Military Surplus is Maplewood. She needs a good home, everyone!!

Badger

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:55pm

She just got back from the "spa" and is looking even better.

I'll keep adding stuff to her as it comes my way.  :D

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 12:30am

Tank Rules:

There have been some questions about tanks for the BSV game. Here are basics you need to know. If I have anything further to add, I'll be sure to post them. Thanks.

1) MPH
Your tank can never go above 5-7 mph while on the field. This is for pedestrian safety. You will be assigned a tank referee who will walk alongside your tank at all times. You must always listen to your referee and never drive off without him/her.

2) Visual arc
Your driver must have a 360 degree visual arc on the tank. Your driver must be able to see in all directions for tank safety as well as pedestrian safety. No exceptions.

3) Main gun safety devices

Your tank guns must all have BBDs (barrel blocking devices) for each barrel on the tank. When eliminated, your gunner must exit the vehicle and place BBDs on all the external barrels. This is again for everyone's safety traveling off the field and in the staging area. No exceptions.

4) Stay on the trails
Your tank must adhere to the tank designated trails at all times. Your driver is NEVER allowed to deviate from the trails. Doing so is submissable as violation of rules and terminated from play. Driving around players by going off the path is not acceptable. There are definite differences between foot trails and tank paths. You must stay on tank paths only.

5) Eliminations
Your tank is eliminated when a Nerf rocket hits the tank from any angle. This is one of the main reasons why you will be assigned a tank referee. Once the referee observes your tank being struck with a Nerf rocket, you are eliminated. Again, you must apply all BBDs to your barrels and proceed off the field before you can be reinserted.

6) Barrel FPS
All tank guns must fire beneath 280 FPS, and will be subject to inspections just like any other marker on the field. Failure to comply will result in keeping your tank from play, until the situation is corrected.

7) Main gun Nerf rocket shots
Your tank is allowed to fire Nerf rockets of your own at bunkers. You are never allowed to fire directly upon players themselves. A direct hit to a bunker means everyone inside the bunker at the time will be eliminated. You can also eliminate another tank with a direct shot at the side of their tank. Direct hits to players results in that tank's elimination. Be careful of what you are shooting at during play.

8) Ground troops
Ground troops must keep back from the tank during travel by at least ten (10) feet at all times. Only the tank referee is allowed to be closer. Any ground troop that tries to get within the danger zone of a tank is immediately eliminated, and their player card will get a punch. No exceptions to this ruling. This applies to friendly AND opposing players.

9) Identity flags
Please allow your tank to have definite side identification. Preferably a colored flag on a short pole coming off the top of the tank. If you cannot find a flag, use the team color duct tape to clearly identify the tank's side. Unmarked tanks will not be allowed onto the field.

10) Elimination Identification
White will be the identifying mark for an eliminated tank. Please provide a white flag of some sort, large enough for easy recognition, so that players will immediately tell if your tank is eliminated. Hang a white towel, wave a white flag, or find some way to show yourselves that your tank is out.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to post it. I hope these "ten commandments" are livable to your situation, as they are pretty standard rules for tanks. The terrain at Splat Tag is fairly hilly, so be sure your tank can climb the hills with ease, and have excellent brakes for downhill slopes.

If your tank is built on an automobile chassis, talk to Darrin about your tank. I believe he might have reservations about tanks of that nature. Smaller vehicles, such as Argos, Mules, Gators, ATVs and such, are permissable. I think it has to do with size of the tank, and whether or not your tank can easily turn around on the paths if necessary. Again, Darrin will have the final say on larger tanks.

Thanks,

Badger

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 11:39pm
Just a reminder to all Tippmann users, you only have 10 more days to take advantage of the discounted price of $30 for entry into Battle of Serenity Valley in Hudson, WI. After July 1st, the price goes up to $35 and registrations will still be accepted at the door. You don't want to miss out on the action!

Register now at www.bsvscenariogame.com!

Hope to see you all there!

~Badger
www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMPT Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 11:53pm

Early registration is now closed. However...

About a week back, I ordered HBO's Rome (both seasons) on Amazon.com. It's really good, by the way. Anyway, when the box arrived, inside there was an envelope asking me to donate a used cell phone for U.S. troops. That got me thinking.

If you show up the morning of the game to register, and bring me a used cell phone to donate, I'll honor the pre-registration price as before ($30). Let's get a ton of cell phones together so I can mail them in and further help the troops out. I now give you roughly 19 days to find a cell phone and continue to save yourself $5 in entry fee!

Good luck, and have fun at Battle of Serenity Valley!

www.bsvscenariogame.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic