Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help with Co2 tank D:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoobatPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help with Co2 tank D:
    Posted: 25 January 2008 at 8:20pm
Well I recently I bought a tippman 98 custom. Last week I put in the Co2 tank and dry fired a shot to see if the gun worked. It worked perfectly. When I unscrewed it it started to spill out for some reason. I quickly unscrewed it. Yesterday my box of 2000 paintball rounds came and after school today I wanted to test it out. I put rounds into the hopper, then screwed on my tank it started to spew out Co2 like crazy with anm extremely loud hissing sound, I unscewed it and tried again. This time Liquid AND Gas Co2 came gushing out of the top and I got SEVER wind burn. Please help me D: Why is it doing this?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 8:50pm
Bad o-ring on the tank. When you took it off the first time, the back pressure in the line permeated the o-ring causing it to swell and be cut by the threads of the ASA. When de-gassing your marker, you should dry fire it as you are un-screwing the CO2 to relieve the back pressure. Go grab a new tank o-ring from whatever store you use. It'll run you $.25
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 12:00am
Yep, you broke an oring and you will break many more in the future all you need to do is go to walmart or where ever and pick up a pack of about ten or so. Also as tallen said next time you go to tank your tank off, fire your marker a few times to relieve the pressure pushing on the tank as you try to unscrew it. Doing this will save you quite a few orings in the future.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 10:16am
Putting a very tiny bit of oil on the o-ring before you install the tank will make it (the o-ring) last longer.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Putting a very tiny bit of oil on the o-ring before you install the tank will make it (the o-ring) last longer.
This is a good idea, and I also (it's kind of been said already) unscrew the tank slowly until you can just hear some co2 leaking out.  Then screw it back on just a little bit, and shoot until the gun is uncocked (if it takes for than 3 shots you probably need to take the tank off further).  It usually only takes a shot or two to get the gas out of the lines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic