Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-7 New Mod Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-7 New Mod Ideas
    Posted: 27 January 2008 at 8:38pm
Hello,
I have recently picked up a Tippmann X-7. I have had a couple of ideas for different rifles it could emulate.
I think the Heckler Koch G3 could a possibility or maybe even the  Heckler Koch G11.
What do you all think? Any ideas? 
bmax View Drop Down
1 strike, language violation in sig. 1/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 9:14pm

I don't know if the G3 would really, work.  The X7 has a body-length top rail which resembles nothing close to the G3.  To pull off a G3 look I think a circular tube similar to that of the A5 would need to be used as well as a handguard that would require the use of at least a 16" barrel to look right.  Its a long rifle and just wouldn't be realistic.  I do like it, however, and would love to see someone try to pull this mod off on an X7.  It sure would take some custom work though. 

<Sig deleted due to language violation kthnx >
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:13pm
The G-11 would be a tricky one. Very unusual design.

I've always had thoughts of converting an MP5 mod into an HK91... Slightly elongated body and a 5.56mm STANAG magazine, and there you go. So few people know the firearm though that I'd probably just hear "Dude, why'd you ruin that MP5?".
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:18pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

The G-11 would be a tricky one. Very unusual design.

i think the g11 would be easy to make, it's just a box shape tho.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic