Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M-98 Build-Off Picture Thread:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M-98 Build-Off Picture Thread:
    Posted: 31 January 2008 at 10:28pm
The Results are as follow:

Speedball/Recball Category

1st Place taking home a Torque Loader:
Allfat

2nd Place taking home a NXe Elevation Series Harness:
KeepRollin

3rd Place taking home an Empire Messenger gun and gear bag:
Dyna16

Scenario/Milsim

1st Place taking home a 68/45 Nitro-Duck Adjustable output (used with a fresh 5-hydro):
HiGear

2nd Place taking home a NXe Elevation Series Harness:
BMax

3rd Place taking home an Empire Messenger gun and gear bag:
CBizzle

Please note: I have ordered the items from my supplier and it will take them up to two-weeks to get them to me and probably another week or two to get them to you guys. Sorry for the delay, but that's how things go sometimes.

-Tallen

Edited by tallen702 - 12 March 2008 at 5:58pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
dyna16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 8:54pm

well i'll guess i'l be the first to post. (Note Flashlight Is Gone)

Cat- Speedball/RecBall

Tippmann 98 Custom ACT

Upgrades:

Double Trigger

Wire Stock

E Grip

Homemade Maple Grips

Painted

Bolts And Nuts Polished

Polished Internals

PMI ASA

Milled:

Tippmann

Velocity Bump

Push Safety

Apex Barrel

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/4738/finished1qg7.jpg

Edited by dyna16 - 26 February 2008 at 5:52pm
mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 6:54pm
^^^^^

Edited by mamasboi - 23 February 2008 at 3:54pm
dyna16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyna16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

Dyna may I ask how much the total cost was?

Gun-60

Egrip-trade for gun

Double trigger + Stock-35

Apex- 50

everything else i had around the house

Edited by dyna16 - 22 February 2008 at 3:44pm
bmax View Drop Down
1 strike, language violation in sig. 1/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 9:16pm

I guess I'll get mine in....

Here it is:  My 98 Custom Rifle Mod.  Won't necessarily be used in the exact same set-up (I plan on using a red dot..duh). 

Category:  Scenario?

Total Cost

• 98C  -  $80 (Owned before contest)
  • Flatline Barrel -$60 (Owned before contest)
  • Scope -$40
  • Bipod -$25
  • Fibreglass/stock parts - $40 (Owned before contest mostly)
  • Paint, parts that I lost while building, misc. (that hopper spring just flies out sometimes! That and the ball detent...) -$5

$250 as of now.  I had the 98 (+parts), flatline and fibreglass before hearing of this contest.  Really cost me $60-70 once I heard of this contest. 

Pictures:

Building specs:

• 98Custom
  • Flatline Barrel (I figured a rifle mod may as well have superior range)
  • Hand-made fibreglass stock (fore-end)
  • 3x Illuminated Range-estimating scope
  • Harris Light-weight bipod
  • Custom Alluminum trigger
  • Rifle bolt
  • Howitzer Bolt
  • Light-weight hammer
  • Aluminum power-tube (not installed yet)
  • Remote infront of trigger guard

A few other tweaks here and there, maybe a new paintjob.  It'll be sold in the near future but I'll enjoy it while I can.  Just need a new ball detent

Enjoy!

Edited by bmax - 25 February 2008 at 9:18pm
<Sig deleted due to language violation kthnx >
keeprollin02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeprollin02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 11:58pm

I would enter both..but the rules only allow 1 entry.  Just to clarify, Im entering the Urban Camo 98 Custom.  Please take into account that I only had the grips and paint prior to building this gun.  So this truly is a buildoff gun and I was WAY under budget.

Category: Speedball/Recball

Pics:

Info:

Tippmann 98 Custom- $45 (via PBN)

BNIB GTA Ebolt Kit- $57 (via Ebay- proof- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&i tem=160203787297&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006  )

GTA Double Trigger & Guard- Came on 98C

14" CP Barrel- Trade (via SRT4)

Smart Parts Grips- Already had

Milling: Rear Sights, Velocity Lip, Rounded Front Sight, "Tippmann 98 Custom", Push Safe/Push Fire

Polished Internals

Urban Camo Style Paintjob- $5 for clearcoat (Already had primer and colors)- It took 1 week to finish paint. 

TOTAL COST: $107.00  (There should be a best deal finder award)

Edited by keeprollin02 - 29 February 2008 at 8:08pm
higear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote higear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 9:27pm

here ya go guys....

The M98 Punisher!!

Category: Milsim

Cost Factors:

• Used 98, bought off Craigs list in Chandler Arizona $50.00
  • Wood for stock $8.00
  • Misc Hardware, tubing paint etc $20.00
  • Traded Tear drop barrel that came with used 98 for site raiser
  • sold 20oz tank that came with used 98 for 20.00 and bought 20" J&J Ceramic barrel from A5sniper on spec ops forum for 23.00 plus 5.00 shipping. So..total barrel cost, is $8.00
  • Bipod and red dot were off of my other rifle I had made and sold on the spec ops forum (MAVM2 Rifle)
  • Cyclone feed system bought off of Spec Ops forum for $35.00 
  • Total Building Cost $121.00

Now for the Details:

• Custom built Thumbhole style stock, made to fit the 98 body, exactly. Stock is a three piece laminated stock, with the center beam made of hardwood and the two outer pcs made of premium grade pine( the pine is all I had to buy, had the hardwood laying around) The pine is much easier to shape and work with, and still gives a great apearance and sturdiness.
  • please keep in mind, the stock is not built around the 98 grip frame...the grip fram was cut off, from the bottom of the trigger gaurd, to just below the rear housing plug.
  • Internals are polished, with new power tube supplied with cylone. Bolt that came in 98 was an aftermarket blue aluminumn bolt that works quite well. Brand unknown.
  • Trigger assembly has been tweaked, with new springs and all contact points polished for a nice smooth action.
  • Barrel is a 20 inch J&J ceramic barrel with a custom mock suppressor, that mounts securely with no screws or hardware. Supressor can be used on any J&J or equivalent barrel.
  • BSA Red dot and harris style bipod
  • New Cyclone feed system, with Tac cap
  • Velocity adjustment accessable( do not have to dismantle marker like some other custom markers, to to adjust velocity)
  • 3lb trigger pull ( told you it was tweaked! )
  • Marker weighs in at a little over 4lbs (Awesome)
  • Has adjustable palm stabilizer for S***** style looks and for people with realy small hands! LOL
  • Stock has been styled and knotched, to fit nicely with almost any mask out there..We tested10 different ones and they all worked perfectly.
  • Front of marker has been milled down and trued up, to mount in stock
  • Approx 25 hours into this marker so far

And there you have it...a Practical, fully functional, working 98 Custom Milsim S***** rifle, rarin to go...

I have only shot it about ten times to make sure it works and no leaks, so no reports on it yet...game in a couple weeks and will have field test after that.

Opinions...I wanted to Camo it, but after putting this finish on, I loved the look...What do you guys think?

Edited by higear - 26 February 2008 at 9:32pm
CBizzle View Drop Down
strike 1 6/28 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 5:30pm

Category: Milsim

Costs: BT-4 $100 (I had this before the competition)

Folding Stock $50 (Also Before Competition)

Used Bt E-grip W/ No Board $40

APE Rampage Board $80

32 Degrees Expansion Chamber and BT-1913 Shrouds Only (I mounted the shrouds on a barrel that i owned before the contest) were a trade for a sight rail, 2 barrels, and $20

I made my own stencils for the camo and used some random tan, forest green, brown, and black primer/spray paint then used some soft steel wool for polishing the internals.

Total: $140

Ran out of money to put a red dot/ mount on but here it is anyway:

Edited by CBizzle - 01 March 2008 at 12:57pm

Allfat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allfat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 6:56pm
Category:  Speedball/Recball

Price Breakdown

• Low Pressure Kit Vertical Adapter & Low Pressure Chamber - $25
  • Micro Rock - $30
  • Rail - $15
  • Low Pressure line and Barbs - $5
  • Powdercoat - $40
  • Everything else that was used I already had before the competition
  • Total Cost - $115
  • Note: These prices do not all include shipping, I was not sure if that counted or not, but it is still under $150 if the shipping is included.

Details

Hardware:
  • GTA Ebolt
  • Equinox Double Trigger
  • Torpedo Regulator
  • Low Pressure Kit put together by myself
  • CP on/off ASA on a Smart Parts rail
  • Old Style Micro Rock LPR
  • RD Centerfeed - I know the screws are not on it, I forgot to put them on for the pictures, don't hold it against me, lol.
  • Lapco Bigshot Barrel
Modifications:
  • Magnetic trigger return
  • Relocated on/off switch and added an LED light that is on when the gun is on (see pics)
  • Relocated battery to tank cover
  • Various milling
  • Polished internals
  • Black Chrome Powdercoat done by abyss33 with Trixx Custom Powdercoating - Thanks, it looks great!
Pictures

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 10:11am
Awesome entries everyone! The fact that there appear to be only 3 entries in each category means that everyone will be getting something. Judges Will be PM'ed Sunday to get their votes in over the next week's time. Winners will be announced by Sunday, March 09, 2008.

I'd just like to take the time to say GREAT WORK to everyone who participated! Every last marker that has been entered is nothing less than beautiful and I'd be proud to take any of them onto the field as should you!

Once the votes are in and the winners announced, I'll start shipping the prizes. Some of them are a few days out from getting here, so they may ship a bit later, but I should have everything to everyone within 2 weeks of the winners being announced. There are loaders, HPA Tanks, Packs, etc, that are in the prize bin, so everyone should get something decent out of this. Thanks for participating and I'll update as soon as we have all of the votes in!

-Colin
(Tallen702)

P.S. Everyone who entered, please PM me with your shipping addresses!

Edited by tallen702 - 01 March 2008 at 10:15am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
bmax View Drop Down
1 strike, language violation in sig. 1/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 12:20pm
I wanna say thank you to Tallen for getting this whole thing together.  Well done
<Sig deleted due to language violation kthnx >
Allfat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allfat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 1:31pm
Yeah tallen, thanks a lot.  It was a lot of fun putting these things together.  Great idea and great job!  
higear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote higear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 3:38pm

Thanks Tallen..  Thanks for all the hard work!!

It was fun to see what everybody came up with...

Congrats to everyone else...some OUTSTANDING ENTRIES!!!!!!!!

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 5:54pm
Awesome guns.  It's kind of making me wish I had put my gun together for it, but oh well.  It's just too bad we didn't have that big of a turnout.  Oh well.  Good job fellas.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2008 at 11:35pm
Allfat that is a really clean looking 98.
Allfat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allfat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 12:39am
Thank you!  I am glad you like it  
CBizzle View Drop Down
strike 1 6/28 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 11:52am
Id also like to say thanks to Tallen an excellent idea to have a build off. i really just wanted to be apart of it for fun and i wanted to see how much i could change my gun while being on a budget and having a certain amount of time to do it.  great entries guys

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 12:18pm
Too late to enter?
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Strike 1-inappropriate image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 12:37pm
My Vote's in, So Yes Carl, I believe it is.
Insert Fail Here
Shub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I don’t have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 1:05pm
I'd like to say congratulations to all the participants. I think you all did some great work. My vote has been returned to Tallen.

Best of luck everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic