Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 LPK questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 LPK questions
    Posted: 05 March 2008 at 11:56pm

question...ok i accidentally got a LPK for the earlier 98C and i have the updated one (not platinum) that has the bent linkage arm and not the straight one. SO i had to keep in the old rear bolt in b/c the linkge arm was too tall to fit w/ the LPK rear bolt. SO  i was curious as to how much that would hinder the LPK system from doing its job.

As well as that delima i also had to switch out the powertube that came with the LPK with the one that came with the cyclone feeder, is there any difference between the two or is it ok to shoot still?

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 12:37am
some1 wanna help me out?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 6:43pm
any1 at all?
motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 8:08am
The LPK relies on using the new rear bold.  It is much lighter, and does not require as much energy to move or re-cock.  That is part of the reason the LPK allows you to run on around 400 psi.

The 98C you have there is the new ACT version, or Anti Chopping Technology.  It's new design helps prevent chopping a ball in half, but made the ACT 98C non-compatible with some of the older 98C parts.  The LPK is one of those that Tippmann has not updated for ACT yet.

to answer your question, yes, I think using the stock rear bolt will interfere with the LPK.

I think at this point, you have 2 options. 
1.  Ditch the LPK until you can get a LPK rear bolt that works with ACT.
2. Buy a older, straight linkage and disable the ACT system.  Then you could use the LPK.  I have 2 M98's both pre-ACT, and I really don't think I've ever had it actually chop a ball.  All my breaks are barrel or solid CO2 related.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 1:50pm

i got it fixed, i ook the top pin out that kept the linkage arm in place, but i still have the bottom one in place so it wont be loose inside the gun, the top pin was the problem b/c it would rub against it, i took it out and it shoots just fine now, seriously though u make me look like an idiot w/ your description of ACT, i know what it is as well as knowing that i hadan older LPK.

thanks for your help anyways

motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 7:57am
I didn't meant to make you look like an idiot.  I just like to be thorough.  Not only for you, but for others reading the forum.

Anyways, glad it works now.  See you on the battle field...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic