Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 velocity adjuster?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 velocity adjuster?
    Posted: 31 March 2008 at 3:47am
im just wondering if a5 markers come with it velocity adjuster(rear-by the cyclone)?
caused i think im missing mine..
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 5:17am
The velocity screw is in the side near the cyclone.

It works the opposite of Velocity adjustment screws on stacked tube blowbacks like Spyders.

Turning it in (clockwise) brings the speed down. Out (anti-clockwise) brings it up.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 9:34am
if you were missing it you would just have air pouring out of your marker too so its there
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
spooky23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 6:09pm
ohh i mean if they come w/ velocity adjuster?
caused my a5,only have a empty hole by the cyclone..and im not sure if they came w/ adjuster or i just lost it?
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 6:50pm

All markers have some way of adjusting velocity.  The fact that you aren't aware of this concerns me.  I suggest that you put the marker down.  Pick up the owner's manual and read it thoroughly before you end up hurting somebody. 

FriED_RiCe View Drop Down
strike 1 filter didge 4/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriED_RiCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 6:42pm

Come on now "rule enforcer"!!!! Now let's be respectful like you signed up to be when you agreed to the terms!! Was that really necessary!?!?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:32pm
Ok troll, get lost.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 4:00am
Originally posted by FriED_RiCe FriED_RiCe wrote:

Come on now "rule enforcer"!!!! Now let's be respectful like you signed up to be when you agreed to the terms!! Was that really necessary!?!?

I don't enforce rules here.  I'm just a forum member, not a moderator.  When I see blatant ignorance, I have no problem pointing it out.  Paintball markers aren't toys.  They can be dangerous in the hands of the uninformed or the terminally clueless.  It isn't too much to ask for somebody to go through their user's manual and get to know the basics of their marker before they start using it.  Anyone that doesn't familiarize themselves with their marker before using it is negligent IMHO.

pigtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 11:29am
Air would not pour out of the marker if your velocity adjuster were missing.  It would just shoot out the velocity adjustment hole when you fired.

The A5 has a flow-restriction velocity adjustment, it's a hex-head screw up inside a hole right behind the cyclone feed, nothing should be sticking out of it, so it could like it's missing, or if you were expecting a rear-adjuster like on stacked tube markers, it could look missing.

The adjuster works by blocking the flow of gas as it shoots out of the valve when you fire.  The further you screw it in (clockwise) the more flow it blocks, so the lower the velocity gets. The more you unscrew it (anticlockwise) the less it is in the way.

It's explained on this page:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/tippmann /x7/adjustment.shtml
Although that's an X7, the adjuster is in the same location, and works the same as on the A5.
Bill Mills
Technical Editor,WARPIG.com
spooky23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 3:06am

ok,were totally lost..
my bad..
im not talking about rear velocity adjuster..
(my bad again)
and yeh i read the manual before i use it.but i probably miss it,or forgot it.

im talking about the "hole" on the side of the cyclone..(a5)

so the velocity screw that he's talking about is inside?
or do they have something sticking/or screwed to the hole??
caused mine is only a empty hole..im not sure if something there or i just lost it..

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

The velocity screw is in the side near the cyclone.

It works the opposite of Velocity adjustment screws on stacked tube blowbacks like Spyders.

Turning it in (clockwise) brings the speed down. Out (anti-clockwise) brings it up.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 7:03am
....Hole in the cyclone? I dont have any idea what youre talking about. Describe it better? Post a picture?
pigtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 9:07am
Originally posted by spooky23 spooky23 wrote:

im talking about the "hole" on the side of the cyclone..(a5)

so the velocity screw that he's talking about is inside?
or do they have something sticking/or screwed to the hole??
caused mine is only a empty hole..im not sure if something there or i just lost it..

See the pic on warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/tippmann /x7/adjustment.shtml">this page although an X7, the adjuster looks the same as an A5.

The velocity adjuster is not actually on the Cyclone feed, it is located slightly behind it.  No, nothing should be sticking out. If you look closely, you should see a hole on the body, and up in side there is a hex-head adjuster screw inside the valve.

The screw is basically hidden inside a little tunnel in the side of the marker.
Bill Mills
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 9:15am

and yeh i read the manual before i use it.but i probably miss it,or forgot it.

Soooooooooo, is there anything stopping you from going back through your manual again?

spooky23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spooky23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 7:13pm
sorry fot late reply's..
heres the pic that im talking about.
i know i can use small allen wrench..
but i want  to know if do they come w/ any special tools like screw that i  can use instead of the allen wrench..or any covers on tha hole?

o yeh,stormy..can you tell me what page on the manual saying,if they come or not with any tools?
all i can remember is saying "you can use a small allenwrench"

by the way i just got the s2 J&J 12" barrel..
and its looking goood...

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2008 at 10:22am

sorry fot late reply's..

There you go.  Question answered.

Quote but i want  to know if do they come w/ any special tools like screw that i  can use instead of the allen wrench

Ok, now try that again, and this time in English.  I have no idea what you're asking.

Quote ..or any covers on tha hole?

Huh?

Quote o yeh,stormy..can you tell me what page on the manual saying,if they come or not with any tools?
all i can remember is saying "you can use a small allenwrench"

Page 12.

Quote by the way i just got the s2 J&J 12" barrel..
and its looking goood...

I don't want to rag on you for your lack of grammar (no wait, actually I am) but you need to make your posts more clear.  I had trouble trying to figure out what you were asking. 

pigtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:23pm

sorry fot late reply's..

Excellent.  That's the right tool for the job.

but i want  to know if do they come w/ any special tools

Yes.  There is a tool included for adjusting the velocity screw.  It is an allen wrench.

like screw that i  can use instead of the allen wrench..or any covers on tha hole?

A screw is included, it's down there in the hole, I can see it in the picture.  That's what you adjust with the allen wrench.

Are you asking insread if you could replace the screw inside with a knob or thumb screw so you can adjust your velocity without needing a tool?

If so, yes, that is possible, you could get a thumbscrew (a screw with a nurled head that you can twist by hand) and replace the velocity control screw (I believe it's a 10-32 screw.) In the old days tool-free velocity adjusters used to be called "dial-a-welts."  So yes, you could do it, but your marker would no longer be legal at any paintball field - it would be built for cheating and dangerous play (adjusting velocity without a chrono.)

Bill Mills
pigtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

All markers have some way of adjusting velocity.

Actually not.  A large percentage of Nelson based pump designs, Splatmasters, Nightmares and the early Sheridan pumps don't have a way of adjusting velocity.  They need to be modified (cut or changed springs or installing velocity adjusters) to change their velocity.
Bill Mills
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 6:56pm
I stand corrected.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic