Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I think I screwed up...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I screwed up...
    Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:45pm

I took my A5 apart last night and cleaned it up, cleaned up and painted the receiver halves and reassembled.  The marker was working fine before, but as it was a recent Ebay purchase, I wanted to go through it and check stuff out, plus clean off the paint that was coming off and repaint a nice, very flat shade of olive drab.

Anyway, as I was cleaning stuff up I noticed that the power tube and the rear bolt don't engage and disengage very well.  I used a little hair clipper oil (only thing I had handy) and it was fine until I reassembled it.  Now it doesn't cock like it did before, and it feels like it's not moving smoothly.  If I break it down again and use some other oil, will that take care of this?  I have other oils available tonight.  Anything from gun oil to PAG oil.

tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:52pm
what do you mean by "the power tube and rear bolt don't engage and disengage very well"..?
52 Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 12:17am
They don't slide in and out very readily.  Like the o-ring on the rear bolt has too much friction.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 1:00am

Nevermind.  I had the drive spring pin on the wrong end of the spring.  Works now.

Looks like I'm in the market for an o-ring kit for it though.  Heard a little hiss from inside when I put air to it.

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:18pm
before buying the oring take some regular gun oil and make sure all of the orings are well oiled.  Then put 2-3 drops of oil in the asa and make sure the gun is cocked. Then put on the tank and fire about 10 shots through it.  this will push the oil in the asa through the marker to make sure everything you couldnt reach is well oiled.  Also make sure you do not have the barrel on when oiling it because oil in a barrel will mess up the paintball trajectory.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:40pm

Evidently I can't find my good Castrol Syntech gun oil.  I used tri-flow since it was the only thing I could find around the house that mentions firearms in any way.

Is sealed up and functioned flawlessly.  Thanks!

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:29pm
hoppes #9 works perfectly and is very inexpensive.  you dont need any castrol syntech in it.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 12:59am
I know, but I have this bottle of the stuff somewhere.  It's really neat stuff and it won't freeze under any circumstances.  It also maintains lubricity in a liquid nitrogen environment, something I've never heard of Hoppes claiming.  I haven't seen it on the market for years.  Just seems like a perfect marker lube.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic