Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xr80fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice
    Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:18pm

Hey guys im new to paint ball im saving up for a 98c for my first gun  my firends dad has 1 and  he let me use it and now im hooked, but any ways do you guys think i should do some basic mods before i start like putting a  diffrent barrel on it or leve it stock? My firends dads is stock but I was reading up and  thought a longer barrel would give me better acuracy and then i might  save fore a 20oz co2 sicne people say the 9oz lasts 400rounds

Thanks

xr80fan

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:43pm
I would definitely do a better barrel than stock, and a larger tank than a 9oz, but as for other mods, play play play until you decide HOW you play, and what you actually need to mod.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
xr80fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xr80fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 10:58pm

Ok thx Im goin back over  to my firends and  Im gona use  his dads stock 98c  and his dads gona use his cheep 69$ walmart gun with the hopper in the middle but were gona have a night game and im not gona have  flash light and need advice on that.

Thanks

xr80fan

xr80fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xr80fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:31pm

Can any 1 Give me any tips?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by xr80fan xr80fan wrote:

Don't eat yellow snow.

Serious tip regarding your earlier post.  Longer barrels do not provide additional range.

Edited by Mack - 23 May 2008 at 3:34pm
xr80fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xr80fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:43pm
DO they provide better acuracy?
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 4:25pm

They can, pretty muxh any barrel longer than 14" doesn't do anything besides consume more gas. I will suggest the same barrels that everyone else will. Either a 14" J&J ceramic or a Lapco Bigshot. Both barrels are excellant buys are priced at about $35, and are pretty easy to obtain. I would however go with the J&J ceramic over the bigshot. Now to manswer your next question before you ask you can find them on this website. Link: http://www.paintball-discounters.com

Have fun and remember to get the 98 barrel and not an A5.

paintball437085 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball437085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:30pm
for tips dont stick your head up for to long before you get shot in the face
psn=Xx_DY3_xX
T RAV29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T RAV29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:40pm
about the barrel would the J and J s2 be good?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 9:41pm
Don't upgrade until you play alot and decide it is what you want to do.

Then you upgrade your tank. Get something bigger. A 20 oz tank is good for messing around in the woods. The 20 oz you can do now, because it's cheap and worth it if you play even more than once.

Then, you get a barrel. I recommend the J&J Ceramic. 12" or 14"

After that, if you stick with playing come back and get some more advice.

Edited by jmac3 - 23 May 2008 at 9:41pm
Que pasa?

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 9:34am
Learn to proficiantly tear down, maintain and reassemble the stock gun before you start modding.
xr80fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xr80fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 9:52am

ok thanks guys ki was rellaay close to buying a ahpha black but i decided to save mopre for a a-5 or 98c

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 10:48am
well if you want milsim look the alpha is a good gun for the job.  it is basically a 98 in a different shell.  it also saves money in the end as far as going for the milsim look.  just my 2 cents.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by xr80fan xr80fan wrote:

Don't spit into the wind.

The E-gripped Alpha Blacks are now shipping and if you add a Cyclone is a great marker and a good deal. Add a J&J barrel and for about $250.00, you have a pretty nice marker that will take you awhile to outgrow. It will take you over $400 to replicate using a base A-5. On a 98C to get the look of the AB, it will cost you about the same.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 27 May 2008 at 11:24am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic