Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help finding a marker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordsVt70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help finding a marker
    Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:28am
Hey I stopped playing a while ago due to money issues and want a new marker. I looked online and noticed there are so many new markers out since I last played. I have a buget of around $500. What marker do you think I should get?
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:50am
A TIPPMANN of course! Get a good used one then mod the crap out of it. Sorry I'm not too creative in suggestion man, I just love Tippy's.
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:50am
With $500 I would get something like a PMR, a good HPA tank and a good loader.

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Snake6. Snake6. wrote:

With $500 I would get something like a PMR, a good HPA tank and a good loader.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:44pm

Are you willing to buy used?

There are so many things in your price range used, that use to be $1000 guns.

If you want new, Id go maybe a Dangerous Power Fusion, maybe a PMR.

As far as everything else, Id save some money and go for a VL Evlution3 and either a Crossfire 70/4500 or a Guerilla Air 68/4500 tank.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
kadelewis44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kadelewis44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:47pm
tippmsnn sll the way man i like the x7 the most you can do so many things to it
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 3:07pm
Check out the link in my signature and see the link about Buying Your First Marker.  That's what I usually post but I'm getting too lazy to cut and paste.
New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:10pm
I think you'll have to let us know what kind of ball you play first.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by kadelewis44 kadelewis44 wrote:

tippmsnn sll the way man i like the x7 the most you can do so many things to it

Unless you are going for millsim, you could turn $500 into so much more than a tippmann.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:35pm
karnivor autococker
nickman98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Et Tu, Nickman?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:38pm

i'm in the same boat. theres so much new stuff out that i have no clue where to start. i'm looking at the SP eos or the proto rail...but its like oh man so much stuff i feel like a noob...good luck

fordsVt70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordsVt70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:52am
Hey thanks everyone for the suggestions. Well I normally play speedball but I just moved to Austin, Texas. So I dunno if they have any places around here. Theres some woods over by my house where a bunch of kids play airsoft so hopefully I can play woodsball over there. But Im looking for more of a speedball gun.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:16pm
I'd recommend an AKA Viking or maybe a 04-06 Macdev Cyborg. They're still great markers even though they are a bit older, but they will never go out of style in my book
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:33pm
look on ebay, pick which one best suits you, then post the links up here to get a review from us, that seems to be the best way if you are asking for help, we dont want to recommend a gun you wouldn't like (for whatever reason it may be)
d4rkmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4rkmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 9:42pm
Go for a Dangerous Power Fusion. Second choice (IMO) would be a PMR. Third, Mini.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2008 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

I'd recommend an AKA Viking or maybe a 04-06 Macdev Cyborg. They're still great markers even though they are a bit older, but they will never go out of style in my book

Honestly, some of the best choices out there. They'll last forever, they're low maintenance, and they're some of the best performers on the market.

If I had $400 to spend on a gun, it would either be spent on an unmilled '04 Viking, or an '06 Cyborg.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic