Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mask fogging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mask fogging
    Posted: 14 July 2008 at 8:32pm
hey guys im pretty new to the site but ive been having a problem wiht my mask fogging when its hot out and im pretty sure that its the fact that im sweating and not from my breathing because my mask has pretty good ventilation and its never fogged up like this on the cool days, jsut wondering on wat u guys think
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 8:41pm
Go spend the money and get a good quality mask. I personally own a v-force profiler and it has never fogged or had any problems. Don't expect much from a cheaper mask.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:06pm
What type of mask do you have now and what type of lense do you have on it.
Youngun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:15pm
its the stock mask that came wiht my tippman 98 but the foam that fits around ur eyes jsut pretty much soaks up all the sweat and keeps the moisture right there, its not a thermal jsut a single pane
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:16pm
Ya the stock masks you get with your paintball gun are usually not that great.
Beil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:23pm
I'm assuming you're a newbie, but alot of times the increased heart rate from getting excited about the game can cause you to sweat and breathe heavier than you normally would, causing it to fog up quicker. once you get used to the game, you'll calm down while still getting that one-of-a-kind rush, so that should help. But a better mask will def. help. i had great luck with a Vforce Armor, but any of the higher-end masks with thermal lenses would be a surefire hit.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:26pm
if you like that mask, then get a thermal lens, or some fog spray
Youngun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:47pm
well im pretty new only been paintballin for a couple of years and all woodsball wiht the guys  but it does get pretty serious lol but im pretty sure its not my breath so i might try to put some rubber or something around the foam in my mask to get a better seal and so the foam wont soak any of my sweat up
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:01am
.,:;!?

^ Those are punctuation marks. Use them.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Youngun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 8:53am
sorry
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 12:08pm
As mentioned, the stock mask you get with the Tippmann package to be blunt, sucks. You can try getting some antifog spray or gel, but you will find yourself reapplying often. Honestly, your best bet is to spend the extra 40+ dollars and get a thermal lens mask. I have a Proto Switch FS mask and love it. I am a big sweaty dude and I have no issues with this mask fogging.  
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Youngun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 1:02pm
alright lol well that jsut about sums up that issue. im just gonna buy a quality thermal mask. thanks
Youngun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 1:33pm

So if I was to get a new mask what would you all recommend with fogging being my biggest concern

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

As mentioned, the stock mask you get with the Tippmann package to be blunt, sucks. You can try getting some antifog spray or gel, but you will find yourself reapplying often. Honestly, your best bet is to spend the extra 40+ dollars and get a thermal lens mask. I have a Proto Switch FS mask and love it. I am a big sweaty dude and I have no issues with this mask fogging.  

Also check the New Player Forum under "which mask is right for you" for some suggestions.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 15 July 2008 at 2:27pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
kadelewis44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kadelewis44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 9:56pm
i have fog spray and it works fine. if you dont have the money just buy spray it works great for me.
TSI27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSI27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 12:06pm

My stock Tippmann mask never fogs. What I do is get some dish soap like Dawn or whatever, squirt a couple dots on the inside of the lens and rub it into the lens with my finger. After its rubbed in as much as I can WITHOUT causing it to foam, I get a cloth and rub/wipe it off. My friends and I play some intense woodsball for a couple hours everytime and my mask never fogs.

I also ripped off the top foam strip since all it does is absorb sweat. I wear a bandana which acts like the foam and catches all the sweat before it reaches the lens. On the bottom foam piece I just applied a strip of camo cloth tape which doesn't absorb sweat, makes wearing the mask a lot more comfortable.

Like I said, never fogs and I breathe and sweat like a dog. I also wear underarmor under my camo to absorb the sweat and keep it from dripping everywhere which makes me sweat even more, still no fog.

Edited by TSI27 - 26 July 2008 at 12:10pm
Tippmann 98 Custom
Polished Internals
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Upgraded Drive Spring
6 Position Carbine Stock
Red Dot Sight
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 12:32pm

i remember the first time i played i was breathing so hard that i couldn't see crap it was so foggy. The next games i was comfortable realizing that my friends were a bunch of babies and had no way of hurting me. after that its been clear goggles.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by TSI27 TSI27 wrote:

My stock Tippmann mask never fogs. What I do is get some dish soap like Dawn or whatever, squirt a couple dots on the inside of the lens and rub it into the lens with my finger. After its rubbed in as much as I can WITHOUT causing it to foam, I get a cloth and rub/wipe it off. My friends and I play some intense woodsball for a couple hours everytime and my mask never fogs.

I also ripped off the top foam strip since all it does is absorb sweat. I wear a bandana which acts like the foam and catches all the sweat before it reaches the lens. On the bottom foam piece I just applied a strip of camo cloth tape which doesn't absorb sweat, makes wearing the mask a lot more comfortable.

Like I said, never fogs and I breathe and sweat like a dog. I also wear underarmor under my camo to absorb the sweat and keep it from dripping everywhere which makes me sweat even more, still no fog.

Here's what I do to keep my mask from fogging... oh wait, I don't have to do anything, I have a thermal lense mask.

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 3:35am
stop breathing.
dogsoldier2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogsoldier2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 6:31pm
You need to get a double plated mask.  Single plated will fog in any weather, you need to spend at least $50 to get a good quality mask.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic