Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a-5 fn scar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a-5 fn scar
    Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:17pm
tried to go for the fn scar look... i think i have the idea of it. the sights are a little off and so is the stock but i like it for now. meaning im not dishing out anymore money.  i tried finding some folding sights to mach the real thing but everything i found was too expensive for me...

a-5 rt
opsgear ump shroud
opsgear commando stock
m4 sight
x7 stock rear sight
(some brand) tac handle
lapco air through mag
real thing

kook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:23pm
eh, I say take off the foregrip and you'd have a winner
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:32pm
looks pretty good, you thinking of painting the gun to match the foregrip or picture?

Edited by kurieitaa - 20 July 2008 at 9:32pm
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:50pm
i was thinking of painting the foregrip black... i got it for free so i didnt really have a choice on the color of it
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:21pm

Looks nice. Ever thought of milling off the protrusion on the bottom rail? Mod a stock from the SP8 to fit?

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:30pm
planning on it... im also gonna fill the a-5 rear sight with jb weld and then mill it smooth... add another rail to the top so i can move the x7 rear sight back more
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:50pm

If you didnt want to mill the front rail, you may be able to get this and shorten it:

http://www.metadyneindustries.com/catalog/product_info.php?c Path=24&products_id=126

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 11:01pm
ive seen that before... im not sure if id like how it went on the gun... i can already attach my light to the rails on the gun(i didnt because its really bad takeen from $20 airsoft gun light). the only thing i could see getting is maybe a riser so i can put my red dot on.. but i may end up putting that on my rocket pistol that im currently building for kicks and giggles
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:42am

Check out Nauzers MP5 A5 in the link on this page.  Theat is what he is using. Figure its a good alternative if you dont want to grind on your marker. If you do end up liking it, check out www.tippmannparts.com.  I noticed they have something really similiar for about $32.

I was going to put one on the new A5 I just bought, but trying not to have to order from like 10 different places and get drilled on the shipping.

notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:32pm
The reason he's got the foregrip is because its heavy. I did the exact sam thing except I used an opsgear 16" barrel and a UMP rear sight. Even have the same od green foregrip.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:27pm
you need a flip up sight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:27pm
price of free od green vs. price of black one

edit

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

you need a flip up sight

i couldnt find any for cheap. the ones i could find were really to expensive. i was going to have someone make them for me but they never got back to me on it

Edited by unvolution - 21 July 2008 at 11:34pm
mitchell_a_ok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchell_a_ok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 8:04pm
the stock's a bit off from what's in the pic but otherwise it's great.
Cougar Cadet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cougar Cadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 11:13pm
Looks more like an M-4 or an M468 if you ask me. Good job though, I'm trying to do something similar with my 98CP.
"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 12:29am
That is definitely one of the better Mil-Sim A5s I've seen.  (Excluding Nauz's stuff of course . . . which pretty much no one can compare to.)
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:57pm
Could use some more work, but it's looking good so far.
lazarus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 3:21pm

whoa good job i think it looks great. what barrel did you use? 16''?

ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by lazarus lazarus wrote:

whoa good job i think it looks great. what barrel did you use? 16''?

its a 14" if my proportionings are correct. and you asked what barrel not how long. its a J&J Ceramic.

anyway. im not feelin the UMP shroud, L1A1 stock, and M16 front site to make a SCAR.

it looks nice.. but it just doesn't say "SCAR" to me
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
lazarus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 11:26pm
well i knew it was a j&j i really just wanted to know what length, sorry for not emphasising more on that. but the reason for asking is cus im trying to get mods for my a-5 and i liked the way that the scar looked. but now im looking at the 416 kit with a few differences but im still not sure what to do. i want good accuracy but i like the assault look. any suggestions?
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 12:17am
well though this is an old bump i will answer.  As far  as accuracy goes the bodykit should not effect it at all.  for accuracy you want a good barrel and a good ball to barrel match as far as the bore size goes.  If you want the assault look go for it since it will  not hurt anything and is completely cosmetic.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic