Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68 Automag Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

was that a powerfeed body?

No it wasn't.  The feed tube stuck out of the right side of the body at about a 45 degree angle.

Damn. I need one of those for my Q loader. The warp ULT would look stupid, and my powerfeed sticks up too much.

Go to here:  http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0027.htm and scroll down.  He can even do Warpfeed mods to feed from the side.  Don't know if that would help with your Q-Loader or not. 

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Yes, I agree. Very clean looking. I've always liked 'Mags, though I have a tendency to tease 'Mag owners about them. "Hey, were'd the pneumatics go on that thing?" Or "Nice Ion!" I was tempted to tell a guy shooting a beautiful X-Mag (not X-Valved 'Mag, but a true X-Mag) that "He had a beautiful Shocker!"

If I were him, and you did that, I would have shot you... repeatedly.

LOL   

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:09pm

Hah. Proves us 'cocker guys are just so much friendlier! 

Because you all become closer as a group due to the nagging common problems with the markers such as constantly keeping them in tune.   

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:13pm
Psh. You 'mag guys are like the tuner crowd. Buy a car that works for the sake of it working, and upgrade it as you see fit.

Us 'cocker guys are like classic car gearheads. We get a 'cocker for the simple pleasure of keeping it up and running, and knowing are efforts are what created such a smooth operating machine.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:37pm

Psh. You 'mag guys are like the tuner crowd. Buy a car that works for the sake of it working, and upgrade it as you see fit.

Us 'cocker guys are like classic car gearheads. We get a 'cocker for the simple pleasure of keeping it up and running, and knowing are efforts are what created such a smooth operating machine.

LOL.  This is the reason I took most of the chrome off my motorcycle.  I was too busy polishing it to ride it.  With a 'mag, less tuning = more time playing...   

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 5:29pm
Hah. I don't know how long this friendly jousting will continue before it starts getting serious. 

I should probably just leave it at "Nice 'mag!"

On that note, if a 'cocker works, and you don't screw around with it, it will always work! I've had less problems out of my 'cockers than I've had with my 98C!

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 5:36pm

Hah. Proves us 'cocker guys are just so much friendlier! 

this is true :P

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Because you all become closer as a group due to the nagging common problems with the markers such as constantly keeping them in tune.   

cockers are not that hard to fix/tune, any person with commen sence and is willing to learn, it woudent be a problem.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 1:27am

Originally posted by kurieitaa kurieitaa wrote:

cockers are not that hard to fix/tune, any person with commen sence and is willing to learn, it woudent be a problem.

We're just ribbing each other.  I have a profound ignorance when it comes to Autocockers.  If any note of seriousness on either of our parts surfaced, I'd walk away from this.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 1:44am
Hah. I love getting into these arguments. It's never long before someone actually takes them seriously! :P

On that note, my Osiris crapped out and I'm gonna build a sweet mech 'cocker. Stay tuned!

Still love the simplicity of that 'mag! One of these days, I'll nab one!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 5:13am

On that note, my Osiris crapped out

Crapped out???

Quote and I'm gonna build a sweet mech 'cocker.

Didn't you say you have a '65 Skylark that needs attention?

Quote Stay tuned!

Unlike an Autococker?  Sorry, couldn't resist... 

Quote Still love the simplicity of that 'mag! One of these days, I'll nab one!

I still haven't fired this one in it's new configuration.  Need to get a vertical hopper adapter.  The ones I have are for 45 degree feednecks. 

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 5:45am
Oh yeah. Skylark. Well, the way I see it, I'll have the 'Lark for another, oh, say 60ish years! :)

Anyway, yeah the Osiris crapped out. Internal ram stripped out where the barb screws in, and a Free Flow QEV broke. Until I have the ram fixed, it's dead in the water. I'm thinking about tapping it for 10/32 threads, but that would require a much larger hole in the body, so I'm not gonna do that to my Ripper. When I find the right body for the Osiris, I'll try again. Or I may sell what I've got and just get another Race frame. I do love Race...

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 6:07am

Oh yeah. Skylark. Well, the way I see it, I'll have the 'Lark for another, oh, say 60ish years! :)
I just added "drive a car that's over 100 years old, over 100mph" to my "To Do Before I Die" list.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 6:13am
Are you kidding me? That's how I'm gonna die. Gonna do some spectacular stunt in the 'Lark. Gonna be a huge fireball! Now that's going out with style!

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 2:42pm

Are you kidding me? That's how I'm gonna die. Gonna do some spectacular stunt in the 'Lark. Gonna be a huge fireball! Now that's going out with style!

Pneu-Lark

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 3:02pm

Oh jeez.  Next time you dont sign on for a week, there will be a million threads about how you died in a fiery car crash in the Buick... Another Tallen.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic