Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spyder E99?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spyder E99?
    Posted: 24 July 2008 at 3:29pm
Hey there, my dad was working for a guy and the guy was throwing away a bunch of stuff and he found this Spyder E99 and said that my dad could have it, so my dad gave it to me, and I have no information about it. Is it a good gun? Is it reliable? Heres a pic of it that I found on the internet. Looks exactly the same with minor scratches if any.

Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 3:42pm
It's an entry level marker from Spyder.  Has an e-trigger though so that's nice.  It's not a bad marker, just a low end marker.  If properly taken care of it will work just fine and since parts for those things are everywhere it shouldn't be hard or expensive to keep it in service.  Would make a good rec ball second marker if you already have a primary. 
New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 3:43pm
This would be better in "New Players." A copy/paste from the internet is hardly enough to justify a pic in the gallery.

As for the answer, for older generation electric Spyders, they were about mid-grade, following the Electra DX, E99 Avant and AMG, though the AMG may even be older. I'll always prefer a 2K3 Imagine, however. Anyway, it carries with it the same problems any stacked tube blow-back will. It may be finicky at times, and if you let it get dirty, it will get unreliable. Also, if the battery is running low, it may not cycle right, so keep an eye on that. Other than that, it should do you fine. A lot of people who gripe about Spyders just don't manage them properly. A little oil goes a long way...

Edited by DeTrevni - 24 July 2008 at 3:45pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

XtremeBordom View Drop Down
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:00pm
Yeah, thanks alot guys. Btw the pic from the internet is exactly what it looks like.

EDIT: I just put a battery in it and it sprang to life, I need a feed neck for it but I took it outside without a hopper and shot it with 3 balls in the feed. Its a pretty good gun actually, its light and with a proper hopper and feed neck it could be pretty good. Accuracy isn't bad but it beats the Brass eagle I had before it.

I think its going to be a good backup gun for my ABT/w egrip.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:10pm
I've heard the e99s had a few problems with the circuitry...  But I'm pretty sure that was just a batch.  The older Spyders are pretty cool sometimes.  One of my friends had an old Flash he got from a friend for free.  I swear, that was the nicest electro Spyder I have ever shot.  It was actually really easy to walk.
Sticky111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sticky111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 9:46pm
i had an e99 for about 2 years and i wanted to tear my eyes out with all the chopped balls it spat out of it. after getting the bolt spyder put out it never chopped a ball again. i sold it and went with a semi spyder and got the anti chop bolt for simi's and its an awesome marker. ive wanted to do some serious modding to it but i work 7 days aweek and dont even play paintball anymore =(
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 10:17am
IICR its a spyder shutter with an egrip and vert feed neck. decent guns. one thing to watch out for is splitting the oring on the vert asa when you replace it.

IMO this gen of spyders was the best. i liked the long body and you could strip them down SO fast.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2008 at 11:31am
I had one, it was decent.  Two months after I got it I sold it and bought a Model 98.  A year after that I bought my cocker that I still use.

It is a good gun if you're starting out.  They are easy to work on and fairly reliable.  They're not too fast but that should be obvious.  Just make sure you don't lose the detent because it will definitely double feed if you do. 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2008 at 4:47pm
I want that frame...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic