Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My PB Stuff (Warning-Multiple Pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My PB Stuff (Warning-Multiple Pics)
    Posted: 31 July 2008 at 12:27am
Since I've never done this before, here they are.

We'll start with my favorite 98C:
(This is actually my over all favorite.)

• 12" J&J
  • Ricochet hopper
  • Intruder Foregrip and vertical adapter (for mounting tank under the marker)
  • Viper M1 sight rail hacked and modded to fit (Now with ghetto sling attachment!)
  • Armson OEG sight
  • Response trigger
  • Rocket Cock
  • Sticky Grips
  • JCS folding stock
The F/A:

• 12" J&J
  • Benchmark air-through grip with 30 degree adapter
  • Carbine grip frame (Done by previous owner-the forumer known as Pepper Dog, if I remember correctly.)
My other Tippmanns:
(These are my primary "loaners"):

• Silver 98C (I have to admit that the only reason I bought this one was that I liked the way it looked with the AK body kit.)
    • 14" J&J
    • Ancient Revolution hopper
      • This hopper is so old that the x-board was added as an upgrade
      • Also has upgraded paddle
    • Response Trigger
    • Rocket Cock
  • Ancient A5 (Serial # 000372)
    • Flatline barrel (Which is alternated with an 8" Lapco Big Shot.)
    • Home-made neoprene hopper protector which used to be a tank cover.
    • After-market metal foregrip
    • No-name OEG sight
    • Milling on front is for attachment of additional accessories.
Tactical Trilogy SF:

• Q-Loader
  • 14" Stiffi Tip/Freak Back combination barrel
  • Another mutilated tank cover. (Which in this case helps keep paint out of those hard-to-clean areas.)
  • Armson OEG sight
CQBBM (Close Quarters Battle Black Maxx):

A friend picked this up in a trade in non-functional condition and gave it to me because he knows I like to tinker with stuff.  I decided to put together a CQB system with it.
  • 10" End Game barrel
  • PVC (my favorite material) based mounting system
    • LED flashlight
    • Laser sight (which actually is useful indoors)
  • The 12 gram system consists of a plumbing part from ACE hardware, an adapter from Palmers and a Brass Eagle 12 gram holder.
  • 14 round gravity fed stick feed (I'm working on a 16 round horizontal spring-fed magazine but can't locate a decent spring.)
  • NC Star sight (Lowlight, i.e. indoors, conditions is the only place this sight is good for; the darn dot is too dim otherwise.)
  • The additional parts shown allow the marker to run off of a 12 gram in the stock, two 12 grams, or even a tank, depending upon how they are configured
    • The PVC butt plate has foam inserts to hold a spare 10 round tube in place
  • I included a close-up of the stick feed below for anyone like me who is so cheap they would rather make their own feed gate than buy one.

• It consists of the following:
    • PVC with a few holes drilled in it and some channels that were put in with a dremel (for the blue plastic line and the o-rings)
    • Weedwhacker line
    • O-rings
    • 10 round feed tube
    • The other end is a similar PVC fitting, cut to fit the marker body, which has a hole drilled in it for a set screw to facilitate secure attachment to the marker
    • Duct tape was used for friction-fitting the pieces together
The Phantom:

• Air-through stock
  • Smart Parts mini drop forward (reversed) and on/off ASA
  • 13 cu. in. compressed air tank
  • 45 grip frame
  • Armson sight rail
  • Dye Izon OEG sight
  • Evil Detonator regulator
  • Winchester hopper with tactical cap (This cap mounts with a rubber ring around the hopper. I can't remember who makes these but I want several more; if anyone knows please share the information.)
  • A set of ring detents to prevent "roll-out"
The Hammers:

• The "Sniper" Hammer (This was my response to all the "OMG, you're a sniper!" crap I got the last time I took my Phantom to the field.)
    • Air through stock
    • 45 grip frame
    • Evil Detonator regulator (This is a recent addition.  The adjustment device in the bolt is trashed and I'm hoping the reg will work well enough to keep me from having to swap out springs to change velocity.)
    • 4X Scope on a Spyder sight rail (I usually have an ADCO red dot on it instead.)
    • BE hopper
    • 14" 32 Degrees Whisper barrel (In keeping with the "sniper" theme I used the longest barrel I had with Spyder threads.)
  • Camo Hammer (AKA "Ghetto Hammer.")
    • Ghetto stock consisting of PVC parts, a BE 12 gram adapter, a Smart Parts on/off Smart Valve and a Lapco Dual Tank Adapter.  (This stock is also set up to hold an additional 10 round tube and, since I have an on/off on the 6 0z. tank, allows for a reserve CO2 supply as well.)
    • The air line is the original line from the Black Maxx with the addition of some more plumbing fittings from ACE
    • An original Hammer bottom-line adapter grip insert was used in conjunction with a Spyder/Tippmann ASA adapter block to mount the ASA
    • Daisy Wide View sight on a Spyder sight rail.  (The Spyder rails on both Hammers required minor milling to fit.)
    • BE hopper
    • Stock Black Maxx barrel ('Maxxs had very nice barrels for el cheapo markers.  It's short, light-weight, has a tighter than average bore and shoots through breaks.)
Pistols:

• Pirana USP (This is my favorite pistol.)
    • It's the second lightest paintball pistol I've ever used.  (The Sidekick Semi I had was lighter, but the velocity would spike over 100 fps.  It went back to the dealer.)
    • Very reliable.  (Only problem I've had in three years was a need to replace the seal around the puncture pin.)
  • Tac 8 (I got this because I really wanted to take it apart and see how it worked.) It's fun to use, but cleaning breaks is time consuming to the point where it is not field expedient.
  • Delta 68
    • This was another gun I received from my friend the paintball store owner.  It didn't work out of the box and returning it for repairs didn't solve the problem.  Since he knows I like to tinker, I ended up with it. 
    • I have taken care of everything except for a slight air leak around the puncture pin.  (The entire 12 gram loading/sealing system is, in my opinion, a very poor design.)
    • I am not really sure what to do with this marker.  I have considered getting a dummy 12 gram and setting up a bottom line and making a feed adapter (out of PVC of course) that would allow me to Q-Load it.  (I have an extra Q-Loader mounting socket I could do this with, but I am also thinking about using it on the F/A.)

Edited by Mack - 04 November 2008 at 5:42pm
d4rkmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4rkmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:05am
No offense or anything, but your markers are hideous :P or atleast mos tof them...

I love the camo hammer, and the delta (based on looks only as I haven't used either and have no idea how well either shoot)
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:26am
I think they're all pretty kewl. Nice armory Mack, real nice.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:26am
Originally posted by d4rkmonkey d4rkmonkey wrote:

No offense or anything, but your markers are hideous :P or atleast mos tof them...

I love the camo hammer, and the delta (based on looks only as I haven't used either and have no idea how well either shoot)

I'm not offended, the only one I actually chose/set up based on looks was the 98C with the AK body kit.

I always thought the Delta was a cool pistol until I got a chance to handle/disassemble it.  The weight is about the same as the Tac 8 but the distribution makes it feel very awkward.  I am also not impressed with it's operation at all.  (Poor CO2 system design and sub-par velocity out of the box.)

Hammers are very nice pumps.  If you can find one, I recommend getting it.  They take Spyder barrels and cup seals which means those parts are easy to find.  I had to replace the springs in one but was able to do it with a Spyder valve spring and another spring I picked up at ACE Hardware.  The internal parts are no longer made/in stock, but as they are basically just hunks of brass, wear/breakage shouldn't be an issue.  (The exception to this of course is the two-piece bolt which is used to adjust velocity.  But this can be worked around with a reg or interchangeable springs.)

P.S. The "sniper" Hammer looks a lot better in its original configuration with the stock removed and the scope replaced with a red dot. 

Edited by Mack - 31 July 2008 at 2:21am
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:59am
dude... i envy everyone of your guns.... you ghetto rigging is god-like... the stock and the ability to run off 2 twelve grams or a full tank if you need to is awesome... i tip my hat to you
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 10:52am
techi, unvo,

Thanks very much.

Regarding the ghetto-rigging; when I started paintball home-made mods were the only option.  You couldn't go to the store and buy much stuff (what you could buy was way expensive*) and the internet was practically non-existent.  I just didn't have much choice if I wanted to improve/upgrade markers.

Bonus pic below:

Evilkat was on the deck when I was taking pictures of the markers.  Here she is giving me her "point that camera elsewhere buddy" look.

*As an example, paintballs were about 25 cents apiece.

Edited by Mack - 31 July 2008 at 10:58am
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:19pm
I love the black maxx, FA, and early A5. What breed is Evilkat? She looks quite neat
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:55pm
ROFL at the Black Maxx.

I do dig the camo Hammer though.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

What breed is Evilkat? She looks quite neat

She is a refugee barncat calico that my wife got from a friend's farm as a kitten.  Evilkat is not her actual name; it is a nickname she picked up because she is only friendly towards three people.  When she was younger (she's around 16 now) she would stalk/attack anyone/anything within range that was not one of those three people.  I've seen her hide in a bush so she could jump out on the back of a poor unsuspecting Rottweiler that had the misfortune to wander in the yard.  She rode the poor thing all the way across the neighbor's yard and came back with the front of her coat covered in blood that wasn't hers.  (I don't know what she was chewing on, but she must have chewed it thoroughly.)  I also caught her stalking the neighbor kid (around 5 or six years old) when he was apparently playing too close to the property line. 

Actually, she used to attack those of us she liked also; but most the time she wouldn't use claw and didn't bite hard enough to break the skin.  (If one of us annoyed her, all bets were off though.)  Up until the last few years one of her favorite things to do was hide under the bed in the mornings and attack the first pair of bare feet to hit the floor.

The nickname mainly came about because of her tendency to attack anything, but her sudden urge to turn and bite/scratch people she liked when she figured she'd been petted enough helped her earn it as well.  (She used to go from purring to drawing blood in 0.02 seconds.)

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

ROFL at the Black Maxx.

It's proof that I need to get a life.  If I ever find an adequate spring so I can finish the 16 round magazine I'm hoping that modification will kick the "cool factor" up a bit for it.

Edited by Mack - 31 July 2008 at 3:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:36pm
i got a question about the feed neck... just came to me.... why is there weed whacker line in it? does it just make a tighter fit or something?
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:11pm

Dude...I have one thing to say: That is friggin old school, ad hoc... I like it man!

I would like to see somebody coming with such old school marker / pumps and own us all at the field one day. The veteran...with his Evilkat on the shoulder....Man she rocks...riding the Rothweiler...HEHEHE friggin miniature Lion!

Edited by JagdAlex - 31 July 2008 at 4:11pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by unvolution unvolution wrote:

i got a question about the feed neck... just came to me.... why is there weed whacker line in it? does it just make a tighter fit or something?

The line is stiff enough to keep paintballs in, but I can push it out of the way with a 10 round tube for quick reloads.

Originally posted by JagdAlex JagdAlex wrote:

...riding the Rothweiler...HEHEHE friggin miniature Lion!

Our theory is that being a Calico, which are genetic anomalies anyway, she has some kind of short-circuit in her brain which makes her do the things she does.  It's really the only explanation I can think of for her suddenly attacking and drawing blood when she's in the middle of purring while being petted.  Plus, she almost always whines and wants to cuddle/be petted again immediately after these incidents.  I wonder sometimes if it's some type of seizure or something where she can't really help herself.

. . . the cat just ain't right.  (But we like her anyway.)

Edited by Mack - 03 August 2008 at 10:02pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:32pm

I like em. The cammoed Hammer, I like a lot.   Only thing I would say is show your fav 98C a little love and introduce it to a can of black spray paint.

Ok, so again, I put way too much thought into this, but instead of referring to homemade mods as "ghetto", how about giving them the respect they deserve and simliar to our automotive tinkerers, calling them "Rat Mods"? Pun intended. There is a big difference between someone slapping a peice of balsa wood onto a coat hanger and calling it a stock and well thought out mods like Mack and others (BorgTech) have created.

Back to my basement.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 31 July 2008 at 7:47pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I like em. The cammoed Hammer, I like a lot.   Only thing I would say is show your fav 98C a little love and introduce it to a can of black spray paint.

Ok, so again, I put way too much thought into this, but instead of referring to homemade mods as "ghetto", how about giving them the respect they deserve and simliar to our automotive tinkerers, calling them "Rat Mods"? Pun intended. There is a big difference between someone slapping a peice of balsa wood onto a coat hanger and calling it a stock and well thought out mods like Mack and others (BorgTech) have created.

Back to my basement.

its to late to change it... everybody already calls it ghetto... to much effort would go into changing it
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:48pm
nice collection you got there, like the cocker n phantom and the pistols.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 6:14am
Great collection, Mack!  Love all the stories behind each marker.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 6:04am
The F/A is my favorite.

That Phantom is my second favorite.  i love the setup on it.  I especially like the position of the stock mount.  Very creative.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 11:48am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

. . . show your fav 98C a little love and introduce it to a can of black spray paint.

But it's just starting to get that "weathered" look that everyone likes so much on Nauz's markers. 

Actually, it's been repainted twice since I got it.  It was originally a rental that I picked up about a year after Tippmann came out with the Customs.  (I guess that's a good indication of how much play my favorite gets.)

P.S.  The Black Maxx is your fault.  I'd started the project a while back but had back-burnered it until your 98 pistol conversion got me interested in finishing it up.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 1:05pm

I never would have thought that Evilkat was a Calico. She looks too furry.

OH, and I will aggree that calicos are psycho. I used to have a Calico that would be able to swat your hand extremely fast, and would have murdered your hand if she was not declawed(adopted).

I always wanted a Kingman hammer, as well as some other markers. I'm a fan of older, simple markers. Alas, all I have is an SL though..

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I never would have thought that Evilkat was a Calico. She looks too furry.

The colors have faded and blended as she got older.  She used to look a lot more Calico than she does now.

OH, and I will aggree that calicos are psycho. I used to have a Calico that would be able to swat your hand extremely fast, and would have murdered your hand if she was not declawed(adopted).

That sounds very familiar.  (Except for the declawed part.) 

I always wanted a Kingman hammer, as well as some other markers. I'm a fan of older, simple markers. Alas, all I have is an SL though..

An SL is one of the markers still on my want list.  I just haven't stumbled across a good enough deal yet.  (For instance, I picked the Hammers up in mostly non-functional condition for $10 each.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic