Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My ABT E-Gripped Teaser!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My ABT E-Gripped Teaser!
    Posted: 16 August 2008 at 5:28am
Just some crummy cell-phone pictures for now...still in the Dremmel-JB Weld and repeat phase...everything here except for the cyclone is just being dry fitted..

There will be two versions on the way, easily changed from one to the other, M16A3 and M4A3, to be complete with selector switch for the E-grip (safe, semi, 3rd burst), flat top rail in place of the AWFUL carry handle it came with, and a few other surprises...this thing is going to be FUN to work on. More to follow!
*EDIT: Front sight/gas block is not on in the pictures, as I have not gotten it yet...soon though, very soon!

Edited by dustin85 - 16 August 2008 at 5:34am

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 8:27am
One of the better M16 versions I've seen. The foregrip is actually long enough, which in my opinion makes a huge difference. I bet it will look really good with the front sight on it.
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 11:42am
Looks good.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 12:11pm

When you say "M16A3 and M4A3" you do know that both weapons (M4 and M16A3) have the same firing systems?(safe-semi-auto)

Unless you're confused with the new A4's the Marines are using.

dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

When you say "M16A3 and M4A3" you do know that both weapons (M4 and M16A3) have the same firing systems?(safe-semi-auto)

ohhh...guess I am going to have to go back to CATM and requalify...must have missed that portion of the course the last 20 times...

Let me clarify..I used "A3" in its commonly used application referring to a "flat-topped AR variant with a picatinny rail and removable carry-handle/rear sight" as is commonly seen (and I assumed would be more easily understood here) in the civilian market on AR's, i.e. bushmaster, DPMS, etc.

There technically is no M4"A3" in the military sense. There is the M4 (first production with permanent carry handle, which was later changed to a flattop rail, and a Safe, Semi, and 3 round burst trigger group) and the M4A1 (flattop carbine with the Safe, Semi, and Auto trigger group).

Yes I realize the M16A3 (using the military designation when I say "A3")has a full-auto trigger group, but it also is NOT a flattop either.

To be completely correct..This will be going back and forth between an M4 flattop and an M16A4 (flattop, Safe, Semi, 3-Round Burst).

Hope that clears things up folks.

*Edit: because I can't spell when I type...

Edited by dustin85 - 16 August 2008 at 1:35pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by dustin85 dustin85 wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

ohhh...guess I am going to have to go back to CATM and requalify...must have missed that portion of the course the last 20 times...

Let me clarify..I used "A3" in its commonly used application referring to a "flat-topped AR variant with a picatinny rail and removable carry-handle/rear sight" as is commonly seen (and I assumed would be more easily understood here) in the civilian market on AR's, i.e. bushmaster, DPMS, etc.

There technically is no M4"A3" in the military sense. There is the M4 (first production with permanent carry handle, which was later changed to a flattop rail, and a Safe, Semi, and 3 round burst trigger group) and the M4A1 (flattop carbine with the Safe, Semi, and Auto trigger group).

Yes I realize the M16A3 (using the military designation when I say "A3")has a full-auto trigger group, but it also is NOT a flattop either.

To be completely correct..This will be going back and forth between an M4 flattop and an M16A4 (flattop, Safe, Semi, 3-Round Burst).

Hope that clears things up folks.

*Edit: because I can't spell when I type...

You mean you're just changing the stock and foregrip?

Edited by SSOK - 16 August 2008 at 7:32pm
dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 11:19pm
Precisely!

I use mostly real AR parts, placing a barrel nut around the A5 to 98 barrel adapter, which lets me use the entire real delta ring assembly. With the change of a stock, pulling back on the ring, and removing the foregrip and/or barrel I can put the standard handguards on, RIS handguards, etc. and change out the barrel length/applicable handguards relatively qiuckly.

sgt.kordula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt.kordula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:03am
hey i love the gun very nice..i wanna so something like that wit mine.... wat kind of stock fits on the alpha black and which1 did u use
tippman aplha black
*cyclone feeder
*ncstar red dot scope
*m4 rail system
*handgrip
*14" freak barrel
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 10:32am
not bad.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 5:24pm

Holy thread-bump batman.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 7:35pm
It's only 3 1/2 months.  (That's not that bad compared to what we've seen recently.)
dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 5:22pm
Yowsa....this reminded me of just how busy I have been...need to get her finished!

Kordula gets a freebie though, it was his first post (and he used it in my thread! hehe...) FYI, usually a PM is the better way to ask a question like that so long after the fact, and will certainly appease the masses.

any Tippmann 98 compatible stock will do just fine. I have the BT Combat stock pictured, but also have a collapsible stock.

More to follow when I get back from a few months of "temperate weather"...yay

Cheers!

Rowdy Lax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Lax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 10:39am
Very like, your style.
""If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic