Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More X-7 Flatline Shrouds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 1 - Language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSTIPPHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More X-7 Flatline Shrouds
    Posted: 23 August 2008 at 2:04am
More shrouds for the Flatline system would be nice.  I had an X-7 with a Flatline on it for quite a while and looked all over, but to no avail.  They go on and on about the THOUSANDS of looks the X-7 can have, but most of them are just that; looks.  They don't change the functionality of the marker.  All the other shroud options for the X-7 look cool, but still just use the same straight barrels. 

At least the A-5 had more than one shroud option for its Flatline.  I've personally owned four so far. (if you consider matte vs. gloss as 2 different choices)
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 9:57am
Originally posted by KSTIPPHEAD KSTIPPHEAD wrote:

More shrouds for the Flatline system would be nice.  I had an X-7 with a Flatline on it for quite a while and looked all over, but to no avail.  They go on and on about the THOUSANDS of looks the X-7 can have, but most of them are just that; looks.  They don't change the functionality of the marker.  All the other shroud options for the X-7 look cool, but still just use the same straight barrels. 

At least the A-5 had more than one shroud option for its Flatline.  I've personally owned four so far. (if you consider matte vs. gloss as 2 different choices)

Yes, since using matte or gloss so alters the functionality of the marker.
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:10am
Originally posted by KSTIPPHEAD KSTIPPHEAD wrote:

their not supposed to change the functionality, besides stocks the other parts are there merely to make it look like your favorite gum. they say a thousand looks, but no one ever said it makes your gun better
H3adHunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3adHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 3:01pm
What makes your gun "better" is the internals. Other than that is just looks... Of course you'll probably feel it more comfortable, lighter, heavier, more rails, stuff, etc. Like K Hop posted, its just to make it look like your favorite gun.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by H3adHunter H3adHunter wrote:

What makes your gun "better" is the internals. Other than that is just looks... Of course you'll probably feel it more comfortable, lighter, heavier, more rails, stuff, etc. Like K Hop posted, its just to make it look like your favorite gun.

Problem with this statement being, the stock internals work fine for Tippmanns and rarely is any significant increase of efficiency or accuracy acheived by added aftermarket ones. In some cases, you actually lose performance.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 2:53pm
The only aftermarket parts that I've seen that provide a noticeable performance increase is the Tech T cyclone mods (QEPH, vortex mod, squishy paddles) other than that I haven't seen seen delrin or venturi bolts and other stuff like that increase your markers performance.
KSTIPPHEAD View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSTIPPHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:31pm
Good points, all.  Still, if the point of the marker is to look like whatever, why not give it that option with the flatline as well?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic