Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TM7, SP-8, A5, or X7?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TideToGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TM7, SP-8, A5, or X7?
    Posted: 24 August 2008 at 11:31am

Im looking for a fast, durable gun.

First let me tell u my past guns, I have a Spyder Pilot with rocking trigger (sweet) A tippmann 98 custom with cyclone feed and freak barrel. And a T8 pistol (i havn't played with it yet... the 5 minutes before the game it got ran over my a truck, luckly only 2 peices came out of the gun)

I like the on the fly switching of modes with Tm7, A5, and X7. But i LOVE the way the SP-8 looks. Ive heard all a A5 is a 98 with a cyclone and better upgrades. And an X7 is a little pricey, if i customize the way i want. The Sp-8 doesn't have a flatline at all (TM7 has apex, Apex won't fet in Sp-8)

So could anybody please help.

Prices:

TM7-- 400

A5-- 180-250

X7-- 300-600

SP-8-- 250-400

coffeeman18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeman18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 7:35pm
the a-5 with e-grip is most likely the best bang for your buck, durable and fast. and it has a flatline, but if you have a hole to burn in your pocket go with the sp-8 although you may have to get a new board because of anti-bolt stick. 
MonsterLopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonsterLopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 8:00pm
TM-7 rocks if you're rich, but if you're not, you may want to wait for the SP-1 with eyes.
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 8:15pm
the sp-8 like the sp-1's older brother. like the x7 to the a-5. the sp-8 is basicly a sp-1 in a nice looking plastic shell, which can crack and break. if your gonna go smartparts go with an sp-1 if your looking for something like the sp-8
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 10:24pm
I am a big fan of that TM7 the more I see it but you have to have the money and the gear for it. It runs HPA only but I will be selling my A5 soon and when I replace it it will prolly be with the TM7.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
d4rkmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4rkmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:28am
X7 has the same basic internal design as an A5 and 98, its just dressed up.

I hear the TM7 trigger sucks. But it seems like a good marker.

Also, the SP1 is like a vibe in a plastic case, while the SP8, is an ion in a plastic case.

IMO don't go for any of those. If you already have a 98 with a cyclone, you won't see any performance improvement with an A5 or a X7. Also, with SP1s/SP8s, they're just smaller lighter markers in a big bulky shell... Not worth it IMO, same with the TM7.

If I were you, I'd go with an F8 or a G3. DP markers are great for the price. I bought my used F8 for $300, and have been very happy with it so far. If spools are more your thing, go for a G3.
TideToGo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TideToGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:43pm
Thanks for the help, d4rkmonkey could you get me a website to go to?  I have no HPA near where i live so idk if i would go with the TM7. I heard the SP-8 was heavy, but i think its worth the looks. One of the guys i play with has an X7 and i have to say, im not impressed. My tippmann can is lighter and can shoot just as good.

Edited by TideToGo - 25 August 2008 at 6:46pm
TideToGo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TideToGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:49pm
I forgot to say, i manily want a woodsball gun.
MonsterLopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonsterLopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:56pm

Originally posted by d4rkmonkey d4rkmonkey wrote:

If I were you, I'd go with an F8 or a G3. DP markers are great for the price. I bought my used F8 for $300, and have been very happy with it so far. If spools are more your thing, go for a G3.

We're clearly talking about milsim/woodsball. Why stop at DP's and Fusion's? Why not suggest getting a droid or an ego?(sarcasm)

Edited by MonsterLopes - 25 August 2008 at 7:36pm
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by MonsterLopes MonsterLopes wrote:

We're clearly talking about milsim/woodsball. Why stop at DP's and Fusion's? Why not suggest getting a droid or an ego?

he said that a modded X7 is a bit pricey so he might think the same of those
TideToGo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TideToGo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by K Hop K Hop wrote:

Originally posted by MonsterLopes MonsterLopes wrote:

We're clearly talking about milsim/woodsball. Why stop at DP's and Fusion's? Why not suggest getting a droid or an ego?

he said that a modded X7 is a bit pricey so he might think the same of those

My price range is between 150-400 but if i have too, ill save up some more

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 12:57am
HAve you had a chance to go to a proshop and literally at least hold them all?  Go in and just feel which one you like.  If it feels good you will be much happier with it.  That is why I fell in love with the A5, Trilogy, and now the TM7.  They feel good and in the past what feels good is good in paintball.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
peensie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peensie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 12:37pm

howzit

im run with a sp8 with a 20 inch stealth sroud and and stock with remote hose and that marker doesnt brake if fallen dived and swam with it and its still the beast it was when i got it.

The worst thing about being alone is knowing your not.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 12:59pm

If you are into woodsball/milsim/scenario, why not look into the Alpha Black? You can pick up and E-gripped tactical model for around $170. Add a Cyclone for $50.00, J&J barrel for another $40 and you have a durable, fast, accurate woodsball marker for a reasonable price.

Another consideration is looking at used markers. You can pick up e-gripped A-5s for under $150.00 used if you shop around.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
JayyX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayyX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 6:55pm
X7 FTW
X7 Tippmann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic