Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey everyone, making a photo introduction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PainkillersPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey everyone, making a photo introduction
    Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:20pm
My Alpha Black Tactical:

16" Rifled Tactical Barrel
Apex Tip
Cyclone feed with an x7 Low profile hopper
(the hopper is lined to reduce noise for the camera)
And attached is the Oregon Scientific ATC3k to film my games (people mistaken it for a scope )

I am fairly new to the sport (4 games in under a year) and fell in love with it since i've picked up a rental beat up 98custom

Check out this gun in action in my recent trip to skirmish this past weekend (this is also my first time recording, still got some things to work out and better camera positioning, but i didnt really think about it while i was being shot at =p )
hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZMVJVxKxdI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhAo0jticU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUo9omV6Oc
MonsterLopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonsterLopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:44pm

What's the point of the rifled barrel if you're going to use the Apex tip? Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the long barrel...

Edited by MonsterLopes - 25 August 2008 at 6:46pm
PainkillersPK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PainkillersPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by MonsterLopes MonsterLopes wrote:

What's the point of the rifled barrel if you're going to use the Apex tip? Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the long barrel...

You know. i thought about that too before i made my purchase. At first i was thinking well, i could always set the apex off and use just the barrel, but then when i was on the field, i was only using the apex tip so at this point, it's all for show
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 7:09pm
notbad, lol that camera does look like a scope. any more future mods you going to add on later?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PainkillersPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 7:42pm
As of now, I'm pretty content with how it looks. The main reason why i wanted to AB was to achieve that M4 look without having to buy all these upgrades. maybe ill get a shorter barrel cause it's a 16" barrel, it's quite cumbersome, and the apex tip adds an additional 2 inches to that... but i might just keep it looking as is until i destroy the shroud 
bavo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 7:48pm
i think it would look better with a longer barrel shroud k
think not that i am come to send peace on earth: i came not to send peace, but a sword. matthew 10:34
The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:47am

Cool.

I love my apex. Super Accurate, without the horrid "arch" of a standard paintball barrel.

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:33pm

Your scope is mounted wrong, noob.

And there are no snipers in paintball.

/sarcasm

dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Your scope is mounted wrong, noob.

And there are no snipers in paintball.

/sarcasm

HAHAHAHA...seriously!

That camera is a pretty sweet idea. Some of the videos are difficult to watch (I am REALLY not critiquing you, the fact you have a gun cam puts you miles ahead of me already) just because it is normal to lower the gun as you run....but perhaps for the sake of the video you could try keeping the gun between the high-ready and fire position for a whole game? Might have to arrange some cover fire, but it would be pretty sweet!

I second the after-market handguard/front sight though...the AB just completely butchered them...my $.02

EDIT!!! How did I forget.....WELCOME!!!

Edited by dustin85 - 26 August 2008 at 10:35pm

K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 7:37am
Originally posted by dustin85 dustin85 wrote:

try keeping the gun between the high-ready and fire position for a whole game?

arms might get a tad tired after a few minutes
The Reaper View Drop Down

Property of: Mack

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 7:42am

I'd figure out a way to mount that camera on top of your helmet...

How much did the camera cost? I'd love to shoot video of my games.

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 7:51am
Those cameras are like $100
K Hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 8:04am
Originally posted by XDG SCORPION XDG SCORPION wrote:

Those cameras are like $100

i think even more than that
dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 8:35am
Originally posted by K Hop K Hop wrote:

Originally posted by dustin85 dustin85 wrote:

try keeping the gun between the high-ready and fire position for a whole game?

arms might get a tad tired after a few minutes

Seriously?...I hope not...

K Hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 8:43am
^^^ hold a gassed up and loaded paintball gun like that in ready/fire position for 15-20 minutes and run around
dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 9:01am
Originally posted by K Hop K Hop wrote:

^^^ hold a gassed up and loaded paintball gun like that in ready/fire position for 15-20 minutes and run around

... pretty sure it will be WAY lighter than the GAU5's we carry, and my paintball guns weigh in pretty close to actual weight as well....I realize not everyone is military here, but I didn't realize holding an AB would be so tiring! Digressing off topic...so back on topic..the helmet mount would be pretty cool as well. Looking forward to more videos!

Edited by dustin85 - 27 August 2008 at 9:03am

K Hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 9:15am
i was just trying to say that its easier to hold the gun pointing down and probably the reason for not holding it up to the shoulder the whole time.

also a helmet cam would be friggin sweet, just hope it wouldn't get shot

Edited by K Hop - 27 August 2008 at 9:17am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PainkillersPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 10:11am
heheh, the camera was like 140 after taxes and such, not a bad price compared to every other camera on the market going for $600+... it's not that serious, i'd rather just use that money for a new marker or something.

a camera on the helmet would be sweet, but this things like a pound, and i sprint  often on the field, it might drag the mask down, but i dont know, i  havnt tried it yet... plus, i like the fps look. My friend was thinking about picking up a second camera and edit it accordingly, that would be nice.

the gun does get heavy at the end of the day, but never when im in the game. So much adrenaline going through my veins, i hardly notice the weight of the gun until after im called out, and im hauling ass to the safty zone.
On my next trip though, i wanna try to get more usable footage to play around with... too many shots of the marker looking at the floor
I guess i can just wrap it around with a sling, and hold the marker around rambo style... or just walk around like a tank with the gun resting on my shoulder... so many choices... sigh...
K Hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 10:47am
Originally posted by PainkillersPK PainkillersPK wrote:

I guess i can just wrap it around with a sling, and hold the marker around rambo style...

or you could get two egripped ones and do that
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 11:44am
where did you get the camera at?
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic