Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Latest update on my Alpha Sniper version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 12:33am

Hi guys,

Heres another upgrade for my Alpha Sniper version

- 14 inch Palmer's brass (they are simply the most accurate). I had Lapco's and Hammerhead and Palmer's are simply the best!

- Home made tactical supressor from Home Depot (Why paying $50 when you can make one for $12 that look as good)

- Switch from x2 Red dot to a Tasco 2x6 Scope (This scope is good for paintball because the zoom start at 2x. Most scope on the market starts at 4x which is way too much for paintball.

P.S: I know the scope is a bit high, I need to get low profile Scope rings.

notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 1:11am
Do yourself a favor, mount the flashlight and laser on the sides or bottom where they belong.
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 6:27am
Looks good.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 9:57am

Originally posted by notom66866 notom66866 wrote:

Do yourself a favor, mount the flashlight and laser on the sides or bottom where they belong.

Well that is why I got this thing:

To specifically NOT do, what everyone does on their guns!

Edited by JagdAlex - 02 October 2008 at 11:42am
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 1:29pm
Since when was an m-16 ever a sniper rifle?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 2:28pm

Sorry an M4 with a scope and a silencer, that is why I called it that way. An M16 SPR is a M16 Sniper btw so yes there is some.

For your education Carl, regarding the M16SPR:

This weapon system, used by Special Operations Forces units of both the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy, is a heavily modified light sniper/designated marksman variation of the AR-15/M16 line of infantry weapons, and is chambered for NATO standard 5.56 x 45 mm caliber ammunition.

Edited by JagdAlex - 02 October 2008 at 2:34pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 5:14pm
No, that is a designated marksman's rifle, not a sniper rifle. There is a world of difference.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 5:41pm

There's no such thing as snipers in the military.

Everybody knows that.  N00b.

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
Pinqinko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinqinko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by JagdAlex JagdAlex wrote:

So here it is guy, my Alpha Black (sorry for the crappy quality of the pics, my camera is dying on me) with the original handguard back on, because I wanted a free floating handguard and the only one right now is the stock one.

I changed the handguard because I got myself the latest Hammerhead barrel kit. The Bangstikx 16 inches (a.k.a Straight line) and with the different backs and I wanted a free floating handguard, for ease of backs switching.

So it give the Alpha more of a Sniper look. The barrel shoots fine but I am not overly impressed so far (but I used it only twice so far and I am missing the best back suited for the balls were I play, the .688 they are B/O on it right now). It has about the same accuracy as a Lapco but has more range. There is really a spin effect involve on the ball and you need good paint otherwise, the pattern grouping is awfull. You need a high quality paint because those ball have a denser fill inside and the ball is rounder, so the spin effect of the barrel, doesn't make the ball curve left or right because of a bad shape or poor fill, it has nothing to do with ball breakage because I did not chopped a single ball so far.

I also added a X2 Red dot wich works great, it gives just a little zoom, not too much. Also added a picatinny rail underneath the handguard and another picatinny mounting on top for the taclight and laser.

where are you bay cyclon feed and all upgrades please
MonsterLopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonsterLopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 11:13am

Nice looking gun, don't listen to the negative comments.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 6:58pm
Nice looking marker.

No body seems to understand the milsim aspect of it.
X
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 10:51am

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Nice looking marker.

No body seems to understand the milsim aspect of it.

Thanks dude, well tbh I thing they do understand but they are simply a bunch of jerks not bringing anything constructive, that's all. They just post to be a pain in the ass.  If you don't have a solution that goes with your criticism well you should refrain from posting but they are not intelligent enough to grasp that concept I am affraid.

JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 10:57am

Quote where are you bay cyclon feed and all upgrades please

First of all, ebay is your friend. If you buy all the add-on in a proshop, it will cost you a fortune.

So here it is: (those prices are the price that I paid for them in CAD, you will pay less in USD)

Palmer's brass barrel 14 inch: 100$

-Picatinny rail under the stock handguard: 15$

-Picatinny triple rail handguard mount: 22$ (opsgear)

- Gripod: 35$

- Cyclone 98c (I had to mod mine but now the latest batch the they produced fits bolt on on the AB) : 55$

- Tiberius Tac light: 45$

- Red laser: 25$ (ebay)

- Carrying handle picatiny rail mount: 12$ (ebay)

- Tasco 2x6 32mm red/green illumination: 45$ (ebay)

- Homemade suppressor: 12$

- Cheek pad: 20$

- Butt stock pad: 10$

- 3 points sling: 12$ (ebay)

- Dead on pro seal aluminium PT & front bolt: 35$ (ebay)

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by JagdAlex JagdAlex wrote:

. . . they are simply a bunch of jerks not bringing anything constructive, that's all.They just post to be a pain in the ass.  If you don't have a solution that goes with your criticism well you should refrain from posting but they are not intelligent enough to grasp that concept I am affraid.

Wow.

Just because someone has a differing opinion of what looks good in a paintball marker does not make them a jerk.*  They may just be posting their opinion which is something anyone who puts a marker up in the gallery is opening themselves up for.  I would suggest just ignoring the opinions that don't necessarily coincide with the cosmetic/operational direction you wish to take with your marker as opposed to letting it bother you.

If it really bothers someone, perhaps they should refrain from posting to avoid opening themselves up to criticism.

*Doesn't make them not one either.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 1:26pm

Well it's funny that out of at least 6 paintball forums that I go to, I only get that kind of answer from certain kind of person who post here on this forum.

It is not about not being open to criticism at all. It is not being open to stupidities. For example: whenever someone is mentionning the word "Sniper" some jerks (because yes they are I am sorry) need to always put their grain of salt, just to be a paint in the ass, they don't bring anything constructive. The goal to put your marker in a post is to get some opinions but to get constructive comments and not only complaint but to bring an alternative solution. Example: "I am not a big fan of this, have you ever think about putting this instead because of this and this."

I never said that I am a sniper. I am only mentionning that it as a Sniper look and then it starts... Just read above and you will understand and I am not the first who gets that kind of answers and it is not the first time either.

Edited by JagdAlex - 06 October 2008 at 2:47pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 2:35pm
No you aren't the first.  I was just saying you shouldn't let it upset you.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 3:18pm
For those of you who are interested about the homemade supressor, here's the link: http://www.a5og.net/5-mods-upgrades/8731-how-fake-suppressor -under-8-00-a.html
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 7:48pm

abs plastic, ftw.

nice marker.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic