Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Latest update on my Alpha Sniper version

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest update on my Alpha Sniper version
    Posted: 27 August 2008 at 11:05am

So here it is guy, my Alpha Black (sorry for the crappy quality of the pics, my camera is dying on me) with the original handguard back on, because I wanted a free floating handguard and the only one right now is the stock one.

I changed the handguard because I got myself the latest Hammerhead barrel kit. The Bangstikx 16 inches (a.k.a Straight line) and with the different backs and I wanted a free floating handguard, for ease of backs switching.

So it give the Alpha more of a Sniper look. The barrel shoots fine but I am not overly impressed so far (but I used it only twice so far and I am missing the best back suited for the balls were I play, the .688 they are B/O on it right now). It has about the same accuracy as a Lapco but has more range. There is really a spin effect involve on the ball and you need good paint otherwise, the pattern grouping is awfull. You need a high quality paint because those ball have a denser fill inside and the ball is rounder, so the spin effect of the barrel, doesn't make the ball curve left or right because of a bad shape or poor fill, it has nothing to do with ball breakage because I did not chopped a single ball so far.

I also added a X2 Red dot wich works great, it gives just a little zoom, not too much. Also added a picatinny rail underneath the handguard and another picatinny mounting on top for the taclight and laser.

Edited by JagdAlex - 27 August 2008 at 11:17am
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 11:49am
the holy "s" word...
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 12:32pm
Very nice! I wouldn't have picked an AB to mod into a sniper, but it looks really good. Is there a wire tie on the bottom of the front sight? Any future plans?
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

the holy "s" word...
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by K Hop K Hop wrote:

Very nice! I wouldn't have picked an AB to mod into a sniper, but it looks really good. Is there a wire tie on the bottom of the front sight? Any future plans?

Yes it is a black tie-wrap as simple as that, it's to attach my 3 point sling.

I don't have any future plan other than changing the free floating handguard if one day Tippmann comes up with some new ones, because there is hardly anything else that I can ad on this one. I already have all this on it: 

- X2 Red dot Red/Green illumination

- Red laser

- Tactical light

- Vertical grip /bipod

- 3 points sling and cheekpad plus butt pad (those last 2 are more cosmetic than anything else)

Edited by JagdAlex - 27 August 2008 at 1:23pm
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 1:39pm
Nice looking gun. I'm not the biggest fans of ABs though.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

the holy "s" word...

But it does look good so who cares.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 2:34pm

It's a sniper look, I never said that I was sniping anybody with it. And I never said that I was a sniper or some ridiculous stuff like that. It seems that it is not possible to have the word sniper anywhere on a paintball forum!

Edited by JagdAlex - 27 August 2008 at 2:34pm
bavo12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bavo12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 4:13pm
correct you can not say sniper in paintball for they do not exist. but not a bad gun

Edited by bavo12 - 27 August 2008 at 4:14pm
think not that i am come to send peace on earth: i came not to send peace, but a sword. matthew 10:34
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 6:41pm
nice gun.
XtremeBordom View Drop Down
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 8:38pm
Ive gotta say. that is the ugliest looking bipod ive ever seen. I'm sorry.
dustin85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustin85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by XtremeBordom XtremeBordom wrote:

Agreed, it's not much to look at, but it is becoming standard issue on assault-type weapons because it is functional and durable as all heck!

ornithology View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ornithology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 6:53am
Hey man, could you please PM me where you got your sight rail? And what type of rails did you get, picatanny or weaver and which one is better? Thanks.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 11:01pm

It seems that you didn't get that it was a vertical grip in the first place and a bipod as a bonus. And no you are right it is not as nice looking as a stand alone bipod but it is a hell of alot more usefull in games than a bipod!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by JagdAlex JagdAlex wrote:

It seems that you didn't get that it was a vertical grip in the first place and a bipod as a bonus. And no you are right it is not as nice looking as a stand alone bipod but it is a hell of alot more usefull in games than a bipod!

I've been tempted to get one just to simplify setting my marker down between games.
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2008 at 11:54pm

Meh...
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I've been tempted to get one just to simplify setting my marker down between games.

TBH that's the purpose of it 90% of the time. It's hidden 99% of the time so 99% of the time it looks like a regular vertical grip.

Xtreme...if you don't like it man, just simply move on It's only a grip/bipod afterall, a bit pointless to just mention in a post: "Meh it's ugly I don't like". It leads the conversasion nowhere!

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 1:04am
i like it.  another option for the hangaurd would be some of the ones made for the 98.  I have seen a few around here that fit and look good too. And I love the bipod grip... personally i like the look of them.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 4:52pm

Xtreme...if you don't like it man, just simply move on It's only a grip/bipod afterall, a bit pointless to just mention in a post: "Meh it's ugly I don't like". It leads the conversasion nowhere!

Excuse ME! mr mod.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 8:38pm

Excuse ME! mr mod.

It's "Mr."  With a capital "M" and a period (.) at the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic