Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Milled out 98... still in the works.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milled out 98... still in the works.
    Posted: 03 September 2008 at 7:43pm

Chopped up a 98. I work in a machine shop, so I figured.. Why not? Exposed the bolt linkage arm on the top, and the vertical adapter tube on the bottom. Ground off the lettering, and chopped apart the rear sight. Then painted it flat green. I'm still not done with the paint, I might try to make it with some different shades of green. One shade darker, one shade lighter. Or I might just leave it the way it is. Who knows?

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 11:18pm
So far, so good.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
hockeyaddict_6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 12:41pm

Decided to go with a little desert tan. I'll post some more pictures when I'm done.

stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 6:56pm
working in a machine shop definatly has its advantages.

especially when you get bored and have spare guns/ parts you can modify.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 8:21pm

And the finished product:

And just for kicks: the Mag.

Feedback?

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 8:46pm

nice gun you got there.

Originally posted by stick_boy_2002 stick_boy_2002 wrote:

working in a machine shop definatly has its advantages.

especially when you get bored and have spare guns/ parts you can modify.

indeed, to bad most of us dont have access to the shop tho :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 12:07pm
No more commments? Critisism? Anything? huh.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 5:04pm

More pics on the Mag.

I wish I worked in a machine shop. After using mills/lathes/plasma in school I realized that I love the stuff, but has a bad outlook. If I wouldn't be replaced by a chinaman or machine, people would probably buy even more new crap when stuff breaks.

Edit: I hate your markers if you are a rangers fan.

Edited by SSOK - 05 September 2008 at 5:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 12:09am
Negatory. That would be Red Wings. Unless they're playing the Jackets, cuz I'm kinda obligated. The Mag's nothin real special, pretty standardish. I'll dig up more pictures tomorrow.

Edited by hockeyaddict_6 - 06 September 2008 at 12:10am
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 3:23pm

Weld a tab onto the top of the guide arm and make it top cocking. Take out the stock cocking knob and fill the sides in.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
michaela2z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaela2z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 3:30pm
The top section of the gun looks very similar to mine with exactly the same cut showing the linkage and simple milling of the rear sights. Looks clean and tidy, good work
Well...Putfile deleted all my pictures so I don't have a signature atm!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 5:13pm
I thought about making it top cocking, I don't see what welding a tab on the top has to do with it... I got yelled at last time from the boss man for "modifying weapons in the shop". Lame. Nice lookin gun Mike. Like the extra slots on the back bolt.

Edited by hockeyaddict_6 - 11 September 2008 at 5:15pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by hockeyaddict_6 hockeyaddict_6 wrote:

I thought about making it top cocking, I don't see what welding a tab on the top has to do with it... I got yelled at last time from the boss man for "modifying weapons in the shop". Lame. Nice lookin gun Mike. Like the extra slots on the back bolt.

Since you already have the top milled open, you could attach/weld a tab or ? onto the linkage arm in order to pull back on.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic